Asura Thief DODGE EFFECT

Asura Thief DODGE EFFECT

in Asura

Posted by: Johnny.8720

Johnny.8720

Could we also get the blur effect and whooosh sound on dodge, please?
Since its a Theif specific effect, its not fair that asura thiefs dont get it. I dont mind if they flip and blur or dash and blur, just blur it.
BLUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRR WOOOOOOOOSH k ? =D

Asura Thief DODGE EFFECT

in Asura

Posted by: Dinny.5310

Dinny.5310

I have no idea why they don’t get it. When I saw my fiance play on his charr thief, I was all like, “Did you pick some sort of trait to get that effect?”.

But no, asuran thieves don’t get the blur thing. Doesn’t bother me personally though.

Dinny [Asura/Guardian] – Annachponae [Asura/Thief]

Asura Thief DODGE EFFECT

in Asura

Posted by: DreamOfACure.4382

DreamOfACure.4382

Maybe it’s cause Asura cause less drag? lololol

“Bleeding, Poison, Confusion, Torment, they all look delightful on you.”

Lv80s: Guard, Thief, Necro. Renewed my Altaholic’s card on the HoT Hype-Train. Choo choo~

Asura Thief DODGE EFFECT

in Asura

Posted by: Kajin.5301

Kajin.5301

I’m glad they don’t have blur effect. So it’s harder for them to tell if you used endurance to dodge or simply just jumped around like a manic asura.
When you fight other thieves it’s easy to count/keep track of dodges with the blurs and go “yea eat my sneak attack/unload now kitten!”

Skysap & Qaju & Juqa -VILE- Desolation

Asura Thief DODGE EFFECT

in Asura

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

Seems like an oversight.

Bug Report it?

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

Asura Thief DODGE EFFECT

in Asura

Posted by: Johnny.8720

Johnny.8720

I’m glad they don’t have blur effect. So it’s harder for them to tell if you used endurance to dodge or simply just jumped around like a manic asura.
When you fight other thieves it’s easy to count/keep track of dodges with the blurs and go “yea eat my sneak attack/unload now kitten!”

I understand what you mean, but then that adds even more reason to why they should give ASURA thiefs the same dodge animation as other races thiefs.

As no race should have an advantage or disadvantage playing a certain profession.

Asura Thief DODGE EFFECT

in Asura

Posted by: Videshi.5371

Videshi.5371

The blur is caused by air resistance, and Asura are very aerodynamic. That’s what I say.

Asura Thief DODGE EFFECT

in Asura

Posted by: Zero Angel.9715

Zero Angel.9715

Also, golem grease is not only for lubricating the mechanical parts on golems.

Asura Thief DODGE EFFECT

in Asura

Posted by: Grizledorf.5290

Grizledorf.5290

LOL I was a human thief in beta and Asura thief since launch.. I never noticed this before lol..

Asura Thief DODGE EFFECT

in Asura

Posted by: Sahfur.5612

Sahfur.5612

It is both ridiculous and unprofessional that this bug has persisted this long. Fix it and polish the game please.

I made my asura thief hoping to have the cool dodge effect and it is absent.

Plants, As far as I know are still, still bending toward
the light! And if we dance, until the heart explodes,
It’ll make this place ignite!

Asura Thief DODGE EFFECT

in Asura

Posted by: Infernalis.1635

Infernalis.1635

It was there during BW3 (when you could test the Asura), when the game launched it was without it…
Honestly, it looked extremely strange with the effect in the way the Asura do a backflip and caused the ground below them to blur. This meant that we were basically hopping over the blur; yeah it looked odd.

Asura Thief DODGE EFFECT

in Asura

Posted by: Sahfur.5612

Sahfur.5612

If it looks weird, they should simply fix it. Not disable it. You don’t toss a sword when its edge is dull, you sharpen it. That solution is just lazy.

They do pay animation staff and other devs.. If a race is lacking a mechanic due to being that race, they should adapt it, not eliminate it altogether.

Plants, As far as I know are still, still bending toward
the light! And if we dance, until the heart explodes,
It’ll make this place ignite!

(edited by Sahfur.5612)

Asura Thief DODGE EFFECT

in Asura

Posted by: Scoompoof.4657

Scoompoof.4657

Came here to make this topic. The thief dodge effect is a distinguishing feature and should be present. I have tried submitting bug reports but still nothing. I have faith that one day it will be fixed.)

Keep up the good work anet!

Asura Thief DODGE EFFECT

in Asura

Posted by: Genophix.3098

Genophix.3098

I agree, the blur effect is something the class of thief is know for. It doesn’t make sense that one race has it and another doesn’t. I noticed this in beta and I think it’s due to the flip Asurans do when they dodge.

I know if both the flip and the blur happened then they would vault over the blur but can you just make the char model disappear during the blur animation like in other races?

I’m sure this is just on the todo list but defo needs sorting.

Cheers.

Asura Thief DODGE EFFECT

in Asura

Posted by: JoxerNL.3752

JoxerNL.3752

was just looking this up, it’s abit meh Asura dont get this… shouldn’t be a hard fix either, just assign the sound and animation to the asure thieves.