Asura Warrior vs Asura Guardian

in Asura

Posted by: MylesTheLionGomez.1496

MylesTheLionGomez.1496

I have a desire to have a heavily armoured tiny room for sure asura fits the bill but idk if I should roll a warrior or a guardian. I know I definitely want a great sword think it be cool…I’ve only 1 toon a sylvari hunter….so asura and warrior vs guardians guide me plz and thanks

Diadi: Guardian 80
Lyonrwar: Ranger 80 Lyonswrath: Mesmer 80
SoR :: Ethereal Guardians

in Asura

Posted by: Kangataz.6842

Kangataz.6842

I play an asuran Guardian. I love it. Mainly going for the same premise as yours, tiny hero with heavy armor.

Unrelated with the asuran race, I rolled a human warrior….I didn’t like it. I can see this being the same even if the race was asuran.

If you are going for the 2H sword on a tiny hero have you considered a mesmer? I was quite surprised actually that a light armor class can use a 2H sword.

in Asura

MylesTheLionGomez.1496

I’m not a fan of light armor plus I hear the cant directly with the sword :-(
Wheres the fun if my little guy can’t slam on someone with a weapon larger than him lol does your guardian do good damage?

in Asura

Posted by: Kangataz.6842

Kangataz.6842

I’d like to think that he does, but according to other people his damage sucks, which is fine cuz who’s the last one standing when we get mobbed…me haha

You’ll enjoy the hammer then cuz you can really send enemies flying with #4. I only use this when in group situations to protect team mates

in Asura

MylesTheLionGomez.1496

Thanks man looks like guardian is the way to go

in Asura

Posted by: LEGION.5834

LEGION.5834

I play an asuran Guardian. I love it. Mainly going for the same premise as yours, tiny hero with heavy armor.

Unrelated with the asuran race, I rolled a human warrior….I didn’t like it. I can see this being the same even if the race was asuran.

If you are going for the 2H sword on a tiny hero have you considered a mesmer? I was quite surprised actually that a light armor class can use a 2H sword.

Mesmer with a 2 hander doesn’t feel like a 2 hander as it is primarily a ranged weapon. Its almost like carrying around a big cannon instead of a sword.

That said, I think guardian is the way to go. I much prefer the guardian’s 2 handed attacks over the warriors.

in Asura

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

Guardian fits the bill better. if only because from a roleplay perspective Asura are big on tech and magictech. A guardian is essentially a barrier knight, it makes sense that an asura fighting in melee would utilise kinetic barriers and fields to aid him instead of cough “brute strength” (lol)

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

in Asura

Posted by: carson yuen.6739

carson yuen.6739

Asura war here. Using hundred blades makes you feel like yoda with light saber…

One thing tho, asura is pretty difficult to see the details in your armors, which is why it us important to have the biggest head as possible to make your helm stand out. Otherwise it will be very hard to customize ur asura …

in Asura

Posted by: Sahfur.5612

Sahfur.5612

Ranger can also use two handed sword and the animations are very mobile and interesting. They don’t use heavy armor though.

Plants, As far as I know are still, still bending toward
the light! And if we dance, until the heart explodes,
It’ll make this place ignite!

in Asura

Posted by: Theophillus.3026

Theophillus.3026

I main an Asura Guardian and I have to say that Banish (the hammer 4 knockback skill) never gets old – the larger the enemy the better. It’s just fun to run up to an ettin several times your size and launch him like a golf ball.

And, yeah, Guardian fits the Asura culture a bit better than Warrior, although I’ve always assumed that all Asura use special armor that enhances their physical prowess (which is how they can run/jump/hit as effectively as a Charr or Norn; watching them swim looks like they must have an outboard motor).

in Asura

Posted by: Bassario.3465

Bassario.3465

I rolled a human warrior a while back… typed /dance and within about 12 seconds of that he was deleted. Since then made another Charr and have never looked back.

However now it is time to make a wicked cute Asura and I was pondering Guardian but because she is going to be female I believe it just terribly unsuitable.

Still for the benefit of your choice I HEAVILY believe a male Asuran Guardian would be quite neat, especially since they have the options to use Scepters and Staves, making the character fit the magical background. Somewhat, and they cast spells as sell as hit things so its a fun balance. For me I am sure Elementalist is the way but am so very tempter to consider Ranger, as those tiny little bows are so adorable. -_-

in Asura

Posted by: Dark.6083

Dark.6083

Did they fix the size issues yet, though?
An Asura Guardian has a much smaller AoE than a Norn Guardian for their runes and such, last I saw.

in Asura

Posted by: Swarfega.6097

Swarfega.6097

I had an asura. Deleted at level 10 for a human. Deleted him and started asura again. Wasn’t sure so created a human again. Afetr a while I decided to stay asura.

I love everything about the guy however the biggest issue I have is this game is about vanity. You don’t get to really show that with a small character.

The AoE shield bug I don’t see in the patch notes so presume its still broken.

in Asura

Posted by: kaffaljidhma.1496

kaffaljidhma.1496

Asura racials don’t fit well with guardian skills and they fill in the gaps for the warrior tree, especially if you want to be a mage hunter.

in Asura

Posted by: Wiser with Age.3714

Wiser with Age.3714

Did they fix the size issues yet, though?
An Asura Guardian has a much smaller AoE than a Norn Guardian for their runes and such, last I saw.

A dev has previously posted on the forums about this issue. (I think it was some time around the middle of last week.) From an invisible game mechanics stand point, their AoE radius ranges are the same. This would affect any kind of game interaction for PCs, NPCs, and mobs.

The dev did agree that there was an error with the graphical animation of the ability that makes it look reduced on smaller races (while still extending beyond the animation for the full radius range). This was going to be added to their “To Do” list. I haven’t been paying attention to see if they’ve corrected the animation yet.

We are Test Group F. (Don’t ask about what happened to the previous Test Groups.)

in Asura

Posted by: Swarfega.6097

Swarfega.6097

That doesn’t make sence though as the video someone posted online showed mobs being knocked back further when a norm used the skill.

in Asura

Posted by: Baaloch.8342

Baaloch.8342

In my opinion, if you like Deadly melee with that added boost of magic, then go guardian. If you’re looking for just raw physical strength and power, then go warrior. Thats all it really comes down to. I have an Asura guardian, myself, and he most def kicks butt. Killed 15 enemies +2 my level at one time with the greatsword and hardly lost health!

in Asura

Posted by: Rhyse.8179

Rhyse.8179

Guardian definately fits Asura better, since they rely on magic more then Warriors. I love the t3 asura heavy armor- It’s shape makes you look like a little miniature golem.

“I care nothing for a festering industry that wantonly refuses to
provide a service that I’m willing to purchase.” – Fortuna.7259

in Asura

Posted by: Sahfur.5612

Sahfur.5612

The way I see it is this… asuran have a natural propensity for magic.

I feel that the way they are able to swing that greatsword around is that the natural magic within them allows them to use magical benefits to strength even if they turned their back to it. Thats how I rationalize it.. you can’t explain magic. You also can’t explain how they do all the flips without some form of natural inner magic.

I see them as using a darker/latent form of their magic as warrior (closed fist) and a more expressive/free form as guardian (open palm). The difference between egoism and altruism, but both attuned for a heroic purpose.

Armor wise, the heavy cultural armor looks nice and the cash shop (remember, you can get gems with gold) heavy armor looks decent (the helm is debatable but in all black you look like a xenomorph nearly).
I personally tinted it celestial white and white gold to get a corrupted white knight look (also applicable to guardian) and am using the (incredibly cheap but awesome looking) godskull slayer skin (go buy this now on marketplace, seriously) with it. I’m straight out of monster hunter if monster hunter used tiny gremlins as player characters.

I pretend my asuran used to be a guardian but made friends with a weapon master who was actually inquest and learned darker forms of magic (becoming warrior) and to suppress the magic but didn’t go full evil. The inquest killed the other students of the “school” and so the character is on an antihero quest to avenge their school.

I just like to have a backstory for things because I’m strange.

Skill wise, it is a bit awkward to see the Asuran warrior go flying using the adrenaline move like Thor leaving a huge crater, but I believe it works out well for jumping puzzles and if yoda can flip around and chop space ships in half, so can us magic wielding Asura.
Asuran ranger is also fun, but I guess you already have a ranger. The movement seems very natural (one hand sword makes alot of sense and looks nimble) and the animations and size of the pets seems to just work perfectly with Asura.

That being said, I’m totes jelly of the guardian staff dance.

Plants, As far as I know are still, still bending toward
the light! And if we dance, until the heart explodes,
It’ll make this place ignite!

in Asura

Posted by: Trismegistos.3046

Trismegistos.3046

if u like WvW, asura racial utility “pain inverter” (if i remember the name correctly)
works perfectly with tanky guardian (and warrior secondly).
u can make a great retaliation-oriented build as an asura.

in Asura

Posted by: kaffaljidhma.1496

kaffaljidhma.1496

if u like WvW, asura racial utility “pain inverter” (if i remember the name correctly)
works perfectly with tanky guardian (and warrior secondly).
u can make a great retaliation-oriented build as an asura.

Even more so now that greatsword can’t up retaliation forever

in Asura

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Warrior is the best class for melee. Guardian works only if you know which situation you are going to be in because you have to set up so specifically for every encounter.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in Asura

Posted by: Kita.7819

Kita.7819

Say what? I set up the same way for every encounter. GS, Staff and shouts.

Nothing is more pleasing than defeating glass cannon humans, charr and norns as a 3 foot tall Asura.

Kita – Guardian
Server: Darkhaven. The Besthaven.

in Asura

Posted by: Dustfinger.9510

Dustfinger.9510

Im considering making a tiny little heavily armored asuran and i’m leaning towrd warrior just because i like the rifle option as well as the two handed sword.