Asura and Medium armor - any cool looks?

in Asura

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

I’m really struggling to find a unique look for my Asura Thief.

Most medium armors in this game look a bit drab and generic. Often enough it’s hard to tell apart all of the different trench-coats you can chose.

I’ve been browsing: http://gw2armorgallery.com/asura-medium.htm quite a bit but every look I’ve come up with so far always ends up looking disappointing in game. And I’m running low of Transmutation stones so I really need to finalize my look.

Therefore I’m requesting your help.

I’m looking for an appropriate look for an Asuran Adventurer/Thief/Swashbuckler. I’m not really into the whole Assassin/Ninja look a lot of Thieves have going for them.

Any ideas?

in Asura

Posted by: Rynn.1324

Rynn.1324

The Crucible of Eternity medium armor is quite thiefy and is one of the few dungeon armors that looks great on asura.

[Tarnished Coast] Lizzibeth Huffles, Asuran Genius (Engineer) at Play

in Asura

Dee Jay.2460

The Crucible of Eternity medium armor is quite thiefy and is one of the few dungeon armors that looks great on asura.

Yeah, I’ve being eyeing that one but it leans more to the Ninja/Assassin side of things rather than the Swashbuckler/Privateer side.

Surely the best Dungeon Skin but not really what I was going for.

in Asura

Posted by: Kyskythyn.6471

Kyskythyn.6471

I use these two coats for my little thief and I’m satisfied with their look on her:

Enduring Coat (karma vendor in Fireheart Rise)
Invader’s Rawhide Vest (396 badges of honor from WvW)

Enjoy

Attachments:

Miss Kysie – S/F condi bunker ele
River of Tears – S/D glass ele
Solo and small group roamer

in Asura

Posted by: Dog.1472

Dog.1472

I personally go with the duelist set, but that’s apparently exactly what you’re not looking for.

The karma set from the Orr merchants goes with the adventurer/swashbuckler role. That set always reminded me of the look of the Fallout games.

“Please, you can look down on people without having to be physically above them.
As an asura, I do this all the time.”

in Asura

Posted by: InfamousBrad.5879

InfamousBrad.5879

No, other than the racial armors and the Duelist armor they sell in the WvW zones, medium armor is pretty much trenchcoats all the way down. If I were trying to build a ninja-like build on an Asura, I’d probably go with Duelist; it’s baggy, but at least it’s not a trenchcoat. Or maybe the tier 1 racial; it’s kind of a trench coat, but at least it’s a little bit form-fitting. Or maybe, maybe Ascalon Catacombs in a very dark color. But you can’t order the trenchcoat, trenchcoat, trenchcoat, trenchcoat, ham, trenchcoat, eggs and trenchcoat without any trenchcoat! That’d just be ham and eggs!

in Asura

Posted by: Vekthor.8914

Vekthor.8914

Try Rascal. I had my Engineer wearing the Rascal coat for a while before I went for a heavy steampunk feel. The Rascal coat with the Orr Karma headgear and shoulders might be just what you are looking for. Maybe even the coat from the Temple set would work well.

So my advice is to get the full Orr karma set, and if you don’t like the coat try out Rascal or maybe even Stalwart.

in Asura

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

Rascal coat + Asura T2 (boots, gloves, pants) + Engineer Monocle

Aiming for that bad kitten trenchcoat look, but with some Asura flavor thrown in.

Attachments:

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

in Asura

Dee Jay.2460

Thanks guys, I’ve found a new look I’m reasonably happy with.

Special thanks to Mif for the obvious inspiration.

Attachments:

(edited by Dee Jay.2460)

in Asura

Posted by: Rilke Cadmus.6829

Rilke Cadmus.6829

Yeah, unfortunately, most of my armor sets are oriented towards Engineer specific ideas (flamethrower and marksman) but they might give you some more to work with.

Attachments:

Tnekk/ Fyrni/ Rina Selania/ Doroga Icemaul
“And also… I can kill you with my brain.”
~River Tam~

in Asura

Posted by: Udolpho.1209

Udolpho.1209

Yeah, unfortunately, most of my armor sets are oriented towards Engineer specific ideas (flamethrower and marksman) but they might give you some more to work with.

What’s the name of that last set?

in Asura

Posted by: Rilke Cadmus.6829

Rilke Cadmus.6829

A combination of 3 different armors, Heritage Body and Pants, Emblazoned Gloves, Shoulders, and Feet, and Noble Mask. The dyes were Heirloom, Chalkboard, and Frost. The rifle is the Pact Shotgun.

Tnekk/ Fyrni/ Rina Selania/ Doroga Icemaul
“And also… I can kill you with my brain.”
~River Tam~

in Asura

Posted by: notanewmethod.8267

notanewmethod.8267

Stole this look from Kutsus @ gw2guru forums.

Armor: Vatlaaw’s (or any of the “named” sets, Vatlaaw’s, Zho’s, etc)
Helm: Anonymity Hood (thief starter helm)
Dyes: Midnight Fire (darkest black in-game) and Oxblood is used in the screenshot, although I prefer Burgundy instead.

Attachments:

Notanewmethod – Asura Engineer (p/p, Toolkit, HGH)
Mask’s WvW Build – 0 | 30 | 10 | 30 | 0 (Soldier/Carrion gear, Rabid trinkets)
B P – Human Thief (d/p – 0 | 10 | 30 | 30 | 0)