Asura and camera height

Asura and camera height

in Asura

Posted by: huckilbery.5638

huckilbery.5638

i like the asura for a lot of reasons. one of them is the fact that they take up less screen real estate and let me see a little more of the game world. however, this doesnt work out too well in the real world because the camera is placed to low to the ground. if feels like im always staring at the ground. camera height should be normalized between all the races otherwise the shorties are at a disadvantage when it comes to seeing the battlefield.

Asura and camera height

in Asura

Posted by: Galdethriel.7524

Galdethriel.7524

I’m not so sure; I can sort of imagine a camera being Norn height on an Asura to be very awkward looking. Would you even be able to see your head bobbing around the bottom of the screen somewhere?

Embrace simplicity! :D

Asura and camera height

in Asura

Posted by: huckilbery.5638

huckilbery.5638

true, norn camera height might be overkill. i still needs to be higher IMO. in heavily vegitated areas, my screen is covered in weeds and leaves….am i the only one who notices this?

Asura and camera height

in Asura

Posted by: Geff.1930

Geff.1930

I’ve already stated this on a couple topics. The issue does not get any attention apparently. I have a lvl 80 Asura warrior, and I’m very active in sPvP. After playing Human Warrior I’ve hardly ever gone back to playing Asura just because the visibility is so much better.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/races/asura/Asura-Camera-zoomout-issues

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Asura-Max-zoomout-is-lower-than-Human-Max-zoomout/first#post347430

Asura and camera height

in Asura

Posted by: Nox Aeterna.2965

Nox Aeterna.2965

Fact is , that is not an easy thing to do , norn and asura are far to different.

If all races were at least similar, we could work something like that out.

Gear Grind: Confirmed – Searching New MMO: Found – Changing MMO: Waiting Launch

Asura and camera height

in Asura

Posted by: Weke.3251

Weke.3251

I think its gives an unfrair advantage to the bigger races. I tried to make the tallest norn you can and the view was so good. When I play wvw with my asura and run into an enemy zerg I cant see anything because the camera is so low. So I have to navigate with the minimap. Anet should really make the Asura camera higher or give us an option to race change. I wish I’ve made a norn or a charr instead of an asura

[VcY] Hammernaut | Official Roleplay supervisor of Velocity

Asura and camera height

in Asura

Posted by: Baughy.6971

Baughy.6971

U may be on to something. I havent really played other races much so I may be wrong, but the camera as always been an issue for me, I just thought everyone had that problem.

Asura and camera height

in Asura

Posted by: Khyron.8735

Khyron.8735

Well, look at it this way. While the bigger races get a better camera angle, asura can at least to jump puzzles without the camera flipping out every time you get near a wall. Mostly.

Ad majorem gloriam! Ad infinitum!

Asura and camera height

in Asura

Posted by: Pirlipat.2479

Pirlipat.2479

Well, look at it this way. While the bigger races get a better camera angle, asura can at least to jump puzzles without the camera flipping out every time you get near a wall. Mostly.

Strange enough I got more problems to do jumping puzzles with my Asura than with my Norn. oO While I don’t mind the camera angle at all.

(edited by Pirlipat.2479)

Asura and camera height

in Asura

Posted by: nglcpyro.4906

nglcpyro.4906

Try this. First char sylvari then asura so never experienced ‘original’ asura view.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/news/FOV-Field-of-View-Changes-Beta-Test/first#post551634

[OCD]Ordo Contegium Destinatus
-Plush Griffon Recruit of the Jade Quarry Militia-

Asura and camera height

in Asura

Posted by: Drezzz.5019

Drezzz.5019

I like the camera differences, It makes people act more like asura. Like the dungeon vendors in Lions Arch all the other races stand in front of the tables when talking to vendors, asura players naturally tend to stand on the tables

Asura and camera height

in Asura

Posted by: Kitcat.1739

Kitcat.1739

I like the camera differences, It makes people act more like asura. Like the dungeon vendors in Lions Arch all the other races stand in front of the tables when talking to vendors, asura players naturally tend to stand on the tables

Huh, you’re right! I’d never thought of that; that’s so cute!

It is an admittedly tough thing to deal with though in pvp of any kind. My camera is constantly getting stuck in the tight corners. And I would never zoom in; ever.

“Premade”
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.