Asuran Mating Habits

Asuran Mating Habits

in Asura

Posted by: Dog.1472

Dog.1472

To me asuras are pure and innocent creatures, they’re born from the eternal alchemy, much like Sylvari are born from mother tree.

I hate everything about this hippie bookah statement.

There is nothing pure or innocent about my toon’s exploits. Her genius in making the infinity ball clearly shows that she can be led toward evil.

The inquest are also not innocent. They experiment without ethics (which is fine but certainly not pure or innocent!)

Out of character,

No still. Never compare Asura to salad bookahs.

What a perfect response. I enjoyed reading this. You are an enjoyable person.

“Please, you can look down on people without having to be physically above them.
As an asura, I do this all the time.”

Asuran Mating Habits

in Asura

Posted by: Baeowulf.3285

Baeowulf.3285

I remember having found a thread on Asuran Physiology that addressed these topics exceptionally well, I’ll see if I can find it again and post a link. Of the things that I do recall are that Asura view larger head size/ear size as attractive, as well as dental care and claw care (based on the view that as they are originally subterranean mammals, they possess tough skin and sharp claws for burrowing; in order for a lover to feel the touches of their partner, sharper claws are better and therefore more attractive).

Asuran Mating Habits

in Asura

Posted by: Zenni.8571

Zenni.8571

If memory serves…
In the original Guild Wars’s Eye of the North expansion, there is a quest you can do for an unfortunate male asura whose ears are rather small. He explains to you that the ladies like a mind with big ears and laments that he’ll never get a mate. He then asks you to explore around and bring him back accessories like leaves or flowers to make his ears look bigger. Once you complete the quest, you can see him wearing what you brought him and he reports back with being a lot happier and a bit more popular.

Asuran Mating Habits

in Asura

Posted by: bullyrook.2165

bullyrook.2165

What I want to know is when an Asura is considered a viable romantic partner. There is a little bit of trouble here because their mental age may far surpass their physical age. And as Asura are described as usually “falling in love with the same idea” rather than each other, this causes me to ponder if their society has any taboo’s in terms of sexuality at all other that “that person’s IQ is sub-optimal, kindly remove him/her/it from my sight”. Is it all a matter of if an individual’s or thing’s intelligence is high enough to be deemed as an acceptable romantic partner?

Asuran Mating Habits

in Asura

Posted by: Hannelore.8153

Hannelore.8153

Keep in mind that like other races, Asura can still fall in love even if they aren’t even attracted to the person; this is a mystery of love. We are sometimes forced to love someone even if we don’t really “want” to, by our feelings.

Just finding someone attractive isn’t a sign of romantic or reproductive behavior, except for the most apathetic, shallow or detached individuals. And personally I think Asura are one of the least shallow races – especially compared to the drunken Norn who value little more than a good hunt and drink, and their own legend.

Even Charr aren’t much different, with their obsession with battle. They barely even form cohesive family units (warbands), if you can even call them that.

Excepting the Inquest, the Asura seem the most “healthy” race next to Humans.

Daisuki [SUKI] LGBT-Friendly Guild Leader | NA – Jade Quarry
I’m usually really sweet… but this an internet forum and you know how it has to be.
/i’m a lesbiab… lesbiam… less bien… GIRLS/

(edited by Hannelore.8153)

Asuran Mating Habits

in Asura

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Keep in mind that like other races, Asura can still fall in love even if they aren’t even attracted to the person; this is a mystery of love. We are sometimes forced to love someone even if we don’t really “want” to, by our feelings.

This is evidenced in the Dynamics personal story. Where Doxa has a romantic relationship with Kazz. Even though Kazz isn’t too bright.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

(edited by Windu The Forbidden One.6045)

Asuran Mating Habits

in Asura

bullyrook.2165

lol Ironicly, I get the sense that marrying someone stupid is the biggest taboo in Asura culture. Sheesh, the Peacekeepers are holding one poor fella in a cell until he can answer a equation.

Asuran Mating Habits

in Asura

Posted by: Anirri.4156

Anirri.4156

as Windu The Forbidden One.6045 mentioned there is this coupling. i did also find a norn who dated an asura but it did not work..that was a funny little conversation in hoelbrak.

Asuran Mating Habits

in Asura

Posted by: Zakk.2468

Zakk.2468

lol Ironicly, I get the sense that marrying someone stupid is the biggest taboo in Asura culture. Sheesh, the Peacekeepers are holding one poor fella in a cell until he can answer a equation.

Not necessarily. Depending on the mission you pick when you are asked by the pale tree what is your biggest fear, you may come across an NPC pair that are Asura and are happily married. Tonn and Ceera do seem to be odd in the sense that Asura like may have said go for intellect mostly but not necessarily the sense of companionship that the sylvari go for. Tonn is more romantic then Logan since he mentions his wife at least 10 times a mission before you meet her. And when you finally meet Ceera she says alot about Tonn that shows her love for him. At least she returns his love unlike LoganxJennah… Asura just are the best!

Any male Asura I make will be named Zakk!
Proud player of Crusader, Arcanist,
Beastmaster, Shadowraider, and Shieldbearer Zakk!

Asuran Mating Habits

in Asura

bullyrook.2165

as Windu The Forbidden One.6045 mentioned there is this coupling. i did also find a norn who dated an asura but it did not work..that was a funny little conversation in hoelbrak.

And more than a little eww

Asuran Mating Habits

in Asura

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Where is that conversation in Hoelbrak? I have to go listen to it for myself.

Asuran Mating Habits

in Asura

Posted by: SaintSnow.6593

SaintSnow.6593

Wow this discussion exists ahaha. Reminds me of a similar discussion that happened on my teamspeak late one night which prompted a friend who doesn’t even play the game to google images of it and got some hilarious stuff. Even resulted in him recreating the image on the whiteboard in the room of another from teamspeak while on a visit. Great stuff.

Säïnt