Clipping everywhere!

Clipping everywhere!

in Asura

Posted by: Blacktorn.3197

Blacktorn.3197

I wonder if Anet even reads these forums, but anyway.
The Game has been around for almost one year and still many of us express clipping problems, and that means that almost Every armor+weapon clips somewhere at least on asura. Yes yes, I’m not the first on figuring this out, but Seriously. I love my asura look, but the clipping is on the edge of being undearable to look at constantly.
-Oh, you want that new fancy Zenith Greatsword? How about it would clip through your kitten as every other Gs does, huh?
I can barely find Any leg armor [talking ‘heavy’]+GS which does not clip together.
Just PLEASE change the angle greatswords are sheathed on your asuran back, I know it’s not That hard.
Just some community managing work would be nice, guys, atleast RESPOND on forums more often than once in 3-4 months. You should seriously learn from Blizzard here. The game is great and I love it, but all these little things are very, very annoying. Atleast we should know you LISTEN…

Clipping everywhere!

in Asura

Posted by: Jigain.8231

Jigain.8231

Just some community managing work would be nice, guys, atleast RESPOND on forums more often than once in 3-4 months. You should seriously learn from Blizzard here. The game is great and I love it, but all these little things are very, very annoying. Atleast we should know you LISTEN…

I’m sure that has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that Blizzard has over 1400 employees whereas ANet has less than three hundred.

Or the fact that Blizzard has about ten billion dollars more to play around with.

Yeah, has to be strictly that ArenaNet doesn’t want to post. Can’t possibly be anything else.

This post may contain a high concentration of sarcasm and irony.
If you are allergic to these ingredients, do not consume.

Clipping everywhere!

in Asura

Blacktorn.3197

I know that it’s not that massive as Blizz, but they are hiring and GW2 sells pretty well I believe, so is it such a hard task to hire about 5 community managers really… Many people are knocked off because of lack of ANY response. A good company never EVER puts community service in a back of a train.
-You report a bug? No reaction, no answer, no FIX. I even wonder if someone reads ingame reports at all, not saying these forums.

Clipping everywhere!

in Asura

Jigain.8231

is it such a hard task to hire about 5 community managers really…

YES. YES IT IS.

Average community manager salary is about $52,000 per month. $260,000 a month isn’t pocket change for a small-ish (compared to other MMO developers like Blizzard) developer. And what does a community manager do? Do they improve the game in any way? No. They just keep the community in check (hint’s in the title, managing the community). So you take a guess on how easy of an idea that is to push through. “Hey, we want to spend a quarter of a million dollars per month on something that won’t actually sell any new copies of the game or earn us revenue through microtransactions, surely that’ll take priority over hiring more personnel that can develop new content or fix existing bugs?”

You report a bug? No reaction, no answer, no FIX. I even wonder if someone reads ingame reports at all, not saying these forums.

I don’t know what bugs you’ve encountered. >95% of the bugs I’ve seen and reported have gotten fixed, some via hotfix within a day or two, some in the monthly bugfix patch. They clearly read both ingame bug reports and those found on the forum.

To leave the business part of it behind and touch on the clipping…

The only way to fix clipping is to have an engine capable of simulating collision physics on every actor on the screen. It can be done in single player. However, no computer exists that is powerful enough to simulate collision physics on hundreds of actors at the same time, while maintaining GW2’s quality of graphics. So you’ll have to suspend your disbelief, or send an angry letter to ArenaNet demanding they make their game look like it was made in the late 90s.

Clipping everywhere!

in Asura

Blacktorn.3197

52k/month really?:) you know, in gas companies a regular janitor recieves 5 times more than average man elsewhere. so it’s weird to compare salaries in different companies

Clipping everywhere!

in Asura

Posted by: Drakkon.4782

Drakkon.4782

ANet has said it before. Pics or it didn’t happen. They can fix problems much more efficiently if you produce screenshots of what you’re talking about.

“People don’t hate Scarlet the way Game of Thrones
fans hate Joffrey. They hate her the way Star Wars
fans hate Jar Jar Binks.”-not a direct quote, but still true.

Clipping everywhere!

in Asura

Jigain.8231

52k/month really?:) you know, in gas companies a regular janitor recieves 5 times more than average man elsewhere. so it’s weird to compare salaries in different companies

http://www.indeed.com/salary/Community-Manager.html
http://socialfresh.com/how-much-money-do-community-managers-make-infographic/
http://www.mediabistro.com/alltwitter/community-manager-report_b35154
http://salary-track.jobs.guardian.co.uk/salary/Community-manager-title-salary

Four different sources citing average salary to be around $50,000 uptowards $60,000 (£35,000 equals about $53,000).

Also, average is average. You can’t say “that number is for a very well-paid person in that business”, because it’s AVERAGE. As in, split right down the middle between high and low salary.

Clipping everywhere!

in Asura

Blacktorn.3197

That’s clearly per year.
your link: http://www.mediabistro.com/alltwitter/community-manager-report_b35154
Read last lines near the twitter-t-shirt guy. ‘In 2012’.
Also http://salary-track.jobs.guardian.co.uk/salary/Community-manager-title-salary
‘Average CM salary by skill’ says that Games have an average of 23k pounds aka 34k $. Per year.
Okay let the average be 50. Divide by 12 and here we go, about 4k dollars monthly. More close to reality.

Clipping everywhere!

in Asura

Jigain.8231

Well, whoops. That’s what you get for living in a country where the local currency has consistently been worth about 8-10 times less than the USD. 52,000 in my local currency is quite an average salary, guess that’s why I didn’t register it as sounding odd. Also, in my country, salary is always discussed on a per-month basis – yearly salary is always specified as yearly. My bad, I apologize.

Still, that is $20,000 a month that doesn’t go towards improving the game and/or increasing revenue. If ANet were bigger, I’d bet my hat (which I love dearly) they’d hire some community managers, but as of right now I personally prefer the 20k to go towards making the game better as opposed to hearing “we know of this bug” a bit more often.

Clipping everywhere!

in Asura

Blacktorn.3197

No prob:) But my point is that Listening is the key to improving the Game. They have ‘Suggestions’ section on these forums and I hope they DO read it on a regular basis. So the more they listen, the faster they polish the game, and as a result, the game is better, so it can attract and Hold much more players.
For a company of around 250 people the game is more than great tbh, and I tend to be rather optimic about its future.
And tbh I don’t really need a regular forum-poster CM job to be done, just wanna know that they Do know about all of these stuff and working on that. Maybe too much to ask?=/

Clipping everywhere!

in Asura

Jigain.8231

Well, if all you want to know is whether or not they keep track of what’s being said on the forums, I can help you with that. Digging around a bit in my posting history led me to find this again:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Auto-attack-cancelled-on-dodge-merged/page/2#post2180125

It’s a message from Gaile Gray to one of the forum users regarding a different matter entirely. I quote from the message:
“I heard back from the devs. They tell me that this bug has not appeared on the forums — Bugs, PvP, or General, nor on Reddit — and they remind me that they check those daily. "
So yeah, there are people checking what bugs are submitted.

Clipping everywhere!

in Asura

Posted by: Regina Buenaobra

Regina Buenaobra

Content Marketing Lead

What would help is if people report bugs to the Game Bugs sub-forum, instead of the race-specific sub-forum, for better visibility on issues.

Secondly, just because people are not posting on forums, doesn’t mean that posts are not being read.

Having said that, the team isn’t physically able to reply to every single post where a player wishes a reply. Thousands of posts are created on the forums every single day.

And finally, please stay on topic when posting in the future. This also applies to the OP, who inserted off-topic commentary at the end of their post, and thereby diverted community discussion away from the very issue they were trying to raise awareness about.

This thread is being locked for verging too far off-topic in the asura sub-forum.

Content Marketing Lead
Twitter: @ArenaNet, @GuildWars2
In-Game Name: Cm Regina Buenaobra