Elite Skill Golems

Elite Skill Golems

in Asura

Posted by: Awkward.1286

Awkward.1286

Was Wondering why the Golems were NOT Immune to Fear and Stuns?

Elite Skill Golems

in Asura

Posted by: Embolism.8106

Embolism.8106

You may as well wonder why they’re not immune to Bleeding and Daze and Confusion.

Elite Skill Golems

in Asura

Posted by: Shlamorel.8714

Shlamorel.8714

I’m usually not unconstructive with my forum responses but I figured this was a good thread for me to state how disappointing I find our elite skills to be.

I wish the defensive golem had a separate bar where we could control when things like the projectile shield deployed. When I use the skill he just does it randomly.

Elite Skill Golems

in Asura

Posted by: Spann.2537

Spann.2537

The golems are just bad in general. I really regret picking the d-series golem now.

Elite Skill Golems

in Asura

Posted by: Freyar.3254

Freyar.3254

I use thieves instead.

Elite Skill Golems

in Asura

Posted by: Rain King.5914

Rain King.5914

So disappointed in the golem elites. They suit isn’t even fun to use just for laughs: if you get in it -chances are you are going to die.

Elite Skill Golems

in Asura

Posted by: DJRiful.3749

DJRiful.3749

Yeah, I wonder how robot understands Fear.

Stormïe ~ Tarnished Coast | My little monster <3 – http://valid.canardpc.com/6nbdeq

Elite Skill Golems

in Asura

Posted by: Keldrome.7621

Keldrome.7621

Atleast the defensive golem has some use as a mesmer when you play solo, as an off tank because all other mesmer eilite is kinda useless in solo play.

Elite Skill Golems

in Asura

Posted by: bwillb.2165

bwillb.2165

The golems are just bad in general. I really regret picking the d-series golem now.

It’s gotta be better than the useless battle suit thing. Less damage than I can put out without it, and just as squishy as I am without it.

Elite Skill Golems

in Asura

Posted by: FlashbackJon.9627

FlashbackJon.9627

You’re thinking too literally. In all cases, debuffs can be described as interference with the golem’s systems. Bugs, glitches, power shorts, just plain percussive maintenance.

Considering that they run on magic, a force that is casually summoned out of nothing by even generic NPCs, it’s pretty easy to explain.

Higgsi Bosaan, Asura Warrior of the Order of Whispers [Crystal Desert]
“I am only detectable by the aftermath of my annihilation.”

Elite Skill Golems

in Asura

Posted by: galeigh.5721

galeigh.5721

As bad as the golems are, I have yet to find an elite skill that truly felt elite.

Elite Skill Golems

in Asura

Posted by: melkathi.5203

melkathi.5203

It’s gotta be better than the useless battle suit thing. Less damage than I can put out without it, and just as squishy as I am without it.

Everything is better than that Battle Suit.

Elite Skill Golems

in Asura

Posted by: kelman.9451

kelman.9451

I have to agree the Elite skills are pretty underwhelming and consider many or most take a long time to cast.

Elite Skill Golems

in Asura

Posted by: Tim.9850

Tim.9850

I don’t have the Golem, but from what I have seen in videos of it, its very disappointing, and seems like a waste of points.

For one thing, the Golem where you get into the suit, I was under the impression that you would get to stay in the suit until the suit is destroyed, then you pop out as your normal character, at full health, which is the way it should be. I got that impression from their video of it.

None of the Asura or my Guardian “Elite” skills make me want to buy them. I feel like I would waste points on them. That is sad to say for something that is supposed to be Elite. We should be allowed to put a normal skill in that last box.

Elite Skill Golems

in Asura

Posted by: Marconius.8064

Marconius.8064

I have the 30 skill point golem and it’s awesome, saved my hide so many times. Definitely the best elite skill for asura thief if you ask me.

Elite Skill Golems

in Asura

Posted by: Frotee.2634

Frotee.2634

I must admit that I haven’t really used any of them (aside from the suit for lols, and that was underwhelming), seeing how much fun I have becoming a giant green-glowing undead…

Polka will never die

Elite Skill Golems

in Asura

melkathi.5203

I have the 30 skill point golem and it’s awesome, saved my hide so many times. Definitely the best elite skill for asura thief if you ask me.

It’s the one I use At least it can keep aggro off me for a while.

Elite Skill Golems

in Asura

Posted by: DoctorWhy.3847

DoctorWhy.3847

As bad as the golems are, I have yet to find an elite skill that truly felt elite.

I have seen some really good elite class skills. But when it comes to racial elites, that is a different story (unless we are talking about the Charr Mesmers in WvW). ANet have said themselves that they didn’t want any of the racial elites to overshadow any other elite skills… so instead of making them as close to balanced as possible, they underpower them a bit. Though, some are still fun to use…

However, I love my Necro’s Lich Form, which is really the only thing Necros have that can actually put them head to head with other classes.

Elite Skill Golems

in Asura

Posted by: Mechastrike.7803

Mechastrike.7803

On the other hand as tanky Guardian I love 7-series golem. Always little more dps and sometimes in WvW if someone is not cautious it can do nice damage. My most used elite.

D-series is waste of points for me (not tanky enough), Hazmat is… let’s say it is in game but it is huuuge disappointment. Dps worse than on foot, slower and limited duration.

Elite Skill Golems

in Asura

Posted by: AndrewWaltfeld.4621

AndrewWaltfeld.4621

If it wasn’t for the fact that I have the mist fire wolf – I would be using the Golems on my engineer as an temporary angro magnet in order to temporarily escape and rethink my tactics. The Mist-Fire wolf simply rofl-stomps alot of the PvE mobs if you give it support and while it doesn’t have as much health as the golem, the little wolves it summons and then does an AoE attack makes it much better than the golem.

I kind-of wish the ranger could have a golem as a pet. I would totally have an Asura ranger using a golem as a pet if I could.

Elite Skill Golems

in Asura

Posted by: Chii.2814

Chii.2814

The D series golem was a godsend in Crucible of Eternity Dungeon.
Their shield reflects so it mitigated a ton of damage (and hurt enemies). Especially the annoying slow moving tracking ball of lightning some mobs fire.

The 7 Series are good in general PVE exploring as its extra dps no matter how you look at it.

The Hazmat….eh. I dont get it. It needs to have a purpose. If its going to be that weak at least make it so if it loses its HP, you dont die and get “ejected” back out with full HP.

Elite Skill Golems

in Asura

melkathi.5203

I think the point of the Hazmat is to troll new players. Go to a low level area, summon a Hazmat, watch a person who didn’t know better suit up and find out why you didn’t use it yourself…

Elite Skill Golems

in Asura

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

After repeated use of all 3 racial elites, and seeing my GF use her Norn elites, I can say this:

• D-Series Golem is surprisingly powerful in PvE. It seems to genuinely be able to taunt mobs, and it’s bubble is quite powerful in the more ranged heavy dungeons.
  • 7-Series is ok. It can cause a lot of damage in small (up to 10v10 or so) WvW open ground fights, and it’s quite awesome when running around PvE solo.
  • Golem Suit… no. Just no.
The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Elite Skill Golems

in Asura

Posted by: CeCaKonVeu.5734

CeCaKonVeu.5734

Yeah the offensive golem is really awesome :
- huge sustained dps
- so much dps that he draws aggro
- but … he can tank really really well

Easy to solo outdoor boss / encounters when you pop the golem.. Feels like cheating lol

Elite Skill Golems

in Asura

Posted by: nuke.7924

nuke.7924

I think the elite golems are sometimes helpfull but takes too much time to spwan them and its only alive for 40 sec! which is not a lot! but the turets are better then golems still!

Elite Skill Golems

in Asura

Posted by: Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

A D-Class Golem is supposed to be hard to kill, tank for you and overall keep you intact.

It dies so, so quickly and rarely uses it’s deflector shield. When it does, it lasts only a handful of seconds, and the deflector shield is only programmed to be used randomly, never when I really need it or on-command.

I could shrug at the ‘dies quickly’ part. I’m a ranger, I’ve got a pet to help him out and if he dies he served his purpose. I just want either more control or better programming/reaction timing on that bubble shield.

I’ve been told that the S-Class isn’t so bad, though. Lots of damage, supposedly.

Grind Wars 2: Heart of Tears

Elite Skill Golems

in Asura

Posted by: CommodoreSkippy.2657

CommodoreSkippy.2657

The Power Suit would go from being a “meh” elite to a great one if only it granted Stability…

(edited by CommodoreSkippy.2657)

Elite Skill Golems

in Asura

Posted by: AndrewWaltfeld.4621

AndrewWaltfeld.4621

The Power Suit would go from being a “meh” elite to a great one if only it granted Stability…

I would love it if it was actually useful.

Elite Skill Golems

in Asura

Posted by: Genei.7502

Genei.7502

I would love the power suit if it were either useful OR fun. Not having a time limit would be fun. When I discovered it had a time limit I thought if it was really powerful that would be OK, but it isn’t skills are slow and damage is low. If it will get me out of a jam that would be ok, but it neither grants a new health bar nor a noticeable armor bonus.

Elite Skill Golems

in Asura

Posted by: Ashur Etil Lani.4518

Ashur Etil Lani.4518

Anet balanced the Elite skills around pvp. Racial Elites are weaker than normal Elite skills. See the problem ?
Please split pvp and pve skills like in Gw1.

Elite Skill Golems

in Asura

Posted by: Rhyse.8179

Rhyse.8179

They’re already split- racials are PvE only. The problem of “roll race x cause it’s the best” would still apply.

Honestly though, most of the elites are so weak, or on such long cooldowns, that I use the racials anyway because they have better niche applications.

“I care nothing for a festering industry that wantonly refuses to
provide a service that I’m willing to purchase.” – Fortuna.7259

Elite Skill Golems

in Asura

Posted by: Ashur Etil Lani.4518

Ashur Etil Lani.4518

They’re already split- racials are PvE only. The problem of “roll race x cause it’s the best” would still apply.

Honestly though, most of the elites are so weak, or on such long cooldowns, that I use the racials anyway because they have better niche applications.

That’s the whole point of my post. I’m not saying that all Elite skills are bad, but that for example my Necro would be glad to use the elite slot for something different like another well. The cooldowns are a direct pvp result that I don’t want or need.

Elite Skill Golems

in Asura

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Golem Suit has 3 potential rather easy fixed:

• Remove the excessive delays on all it’s abilities. This would make it highly damaging, even though it would still be very restrictive.
  • Give it full passive Stability while active. As it cannot revive players, the Guardian-Tome-issue wouldn’t exist with this.
  • Make it last forever once summoned. This is the one I like the least, it’d still be very frail and weak, but at least it’d last.
The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Elite Skill Golems

in Asura

Posted by: GreyWraith.8394

GreyWraith.8394

I’m playing a guardian; the dps golem is fairly useful for improving kill speed on tough enemies, particularly since I can use mace or hammer to give it buffs/heals. For leveling it’s far more useful than any of the guardian elites.

End of the Dream by Evanescence
unofficial theme song of the Nightmare Court

Elite Skill Golems

in Asura

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

I enjoy using Mistfire Wolf as an Asuran Mesmer for the massive AoE damage or if I get in a bad situation. Attack Golem is pretty useful as a “more” permanent Mistfire Wolf since it has a 10 second longer duration and a 1 minute shorter cooldown, but it does not do as much damage.

The Golem Suit is not very strong, but it is useful when playing with your friends at low levels since it boosts their HP by a large amount. Plus, they’re at the point where the skills in Golem Suit are actually fun… or so I’d hope.

As for utility skills, I only use Radiation Field as an AoE Cond Damage source. I’ve tried Technobabble and Pain Inverter and they just don’t have the utility that I’d want from a racial.

Elite Skill Golems

in Asura

Posted by: TerminalMontage.5693

TerminalMontage.5693

I wish I just saved my skill points for the Legendary I probably won’t get anyway.

Golems really aren’t worth it. Attack Golem seems to be the best, 30sp for the Defensive one is nonsense.

Elite Skill Golems

in Asura

Posted by: kaffaljidhma.1496

kaffaljidhma.1496

defensive one is great if you are a revive build: another free shield in case the 3 you get in your guardian classes aren’t enough

Elite Skill Golems

in Asura

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Should golems get Ranger pet AI? So they attack something that attacks it’s player? I think so.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

Elite Skill Golems

in Asura

Posted by: Tim.9850

Tim.9850

The only Golem of the 3 that is just ok, is the attack Golem. The Defensive Golem actually dies much faster. I use the attack golem due to the fact all my class “elites” are actually worse, believe it or not. None of them deserve the name “elite”.

Elite Skill Golems

in Asura

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

The only Golem of the 3 that is just ok, is the attack Golem. The Defensive Golem actually dies much faster. I use the attack golem due to the fact all my class “elites” are actually worse, believe it or not. None of them deserve the name “elite”.

I have that problem, too :/

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

Elite Skill Golems

in Asura

Posted by: Kitrick.1967

Kitrick.1967

The battle suit elite trait is COMPLETELY worthless.

The skills take way too long to activate, and the global cooldown is brutal when combined with the ‘rev up’ animations. When considering these, it seems to last just short of ‘enough’.

Hopefully this will be looked at soon, I really think it’s cool looking and fun, but after the novelty of it wears off (using it twice), it’s such an expensive waste of skill points.