Female LOVE!

Female LOVE!

in Asura

Posted by: KittyCat.2059

KittyCat.2059

asura girls do need some sort of cutesy outfits. for those of you thinking along the lines of skimpy we are not asking for sexually revealing clothes because obviously thats not the intent of having asuras to begin with.

i think what we woman are saying is that we want something cute or pretty. more girly looking clothing. skirts for example like twilight arbor for light but applied to medium/heavy with a different look to them. the most favored outfit is the winters day which is super adorable. why can’t we have variants of that and not holiday only themed.

Female LOVE!

in Asura

Posted by: Katlyntje.7962

Katlyntje.7962

Dear Dev’s , please add some female skins for armor almost every available armour in the game for asurans is based off the male armor model, which leave bare chest and other bad choices for us female loving folks. Other classes all have a male and female variation but asuran is left out. These cute lil folks need more options, I hate having only male choice when it comes to armor. This seems like a lazy option from the cosmetic dev team, put them to work on behalf of all the females out there.

They literally can’t do this without the game being banned in several places. Adult female Asuras don’t have developed breasts, so despite the fact that no Asuras even have nipples, by the rules of several rating agencies they are considered to have children’s bodies. Therefore, to put the female armor on them (which is pretty darn sexualized) would get the game banned in many places for sexualization of children’s bodies. This is also why female asura have the big one-piece when wearing diving goggles, instead of a bikini.

I’m pretty sure no one here is asking for “sexy” or skimpy outfits. Why do so many people seem to think feminine = skimpy? All we want are more armor options with skirts, frills, lace, and such for our female characters. I don’t care if it’s floor length skirts or knee length dresses, lace bodices or ruffled sleeves. How about some frilly jabots for the guys too so they don’t feel too left out? Let us all get in touch with our feminine sides!

No boom today. Boom tomorrow. There’s always a boom tomorrow. BOOM!

Primary: Gizzmologist Saikka – Asura Engineer

Female LOVE!

in Asura

Posted by: Lazarus.3970

Lazarus.3970

I’m pretty sure no one here is asking for “sexy” or skimpy outfits. Why do so many people seem to think feminine = skimpy?

Because no other examples are ever given. 50+ posts later, I am still the only one who has given reasonable suggestions, which others have agreed with as well.

All we want are more armor options with skirts, frills, lace, and such for our female characters. I don’t care if it’s floor length skirts or knee length dresses, lace bodices or ruffled sleeves.

99% of the armor in the game has a skirt of some kind as part of the torso, if it is not already a jacket/coat. Adding in skirts would drastically conflict with the established design.

For the record, that “skirt” on the armors is mostly used to eliminate the seam between the legging and the torso. It is a design decision many games employ when dealing with customizable armor such as this.

Ruffles would only work on light armor, else they would look out of place.

How about some frilly jabots for the guys too so they don’t feel too left out? Let us all get in touch with our feminine sides!

No self respecting guy would be caught dead with such clothing. I’ve not met one guy who liked frills.

(edited by Lazarus.3970)

Female LOVE!

in Asura

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

How about some frilly jabots for the guys too so they don’t feel too left out? Let us all get in touch with our feminine sides!

No self respecting guy would be caught dead with such clothing. I’ve not met one guy who liked frills.

They’re not to my taste either, but this statement just sounds overly defensive. It’s a taste born of cultural trends; go back to the Elizabethan era and you’ll see plenty of men wearing frills in their clothes. It was considered fashionable back then, and one day it could be fashionable again.

Female LOVE!

in Asura

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

You’ve been asking the entire time for people to give actual examples of what they want. And when people finally do that you dismiss it out of hand.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Female LOVE!

in Asura

Posted by: Rynn.1324

Rynn.1324

I hope we hear something from the devs about this issue. Let’s be honest – this situation is borne of simple laziness on the part of the developers. It doesn’t even have to be a revamp – just start introducing more clearly feminine versions for future armors/outfits.

[Tarnished Coast] Lizzibeth Huffles, Asuran Genius (Engineer) at Play

Female LOVE!

in Asura

Posted by: Lazarus.3970

Lazarus.3970

They’re not to my taste either, but this statement just sounds overly defensive. It’s a taste born of cultural trends; go back to the Elizabethan era and you’ll see plenty of men wearing frills in their clothes. It was considered fashionable back then, and one day it could be fashionable again.

But that was then, not now.

was fashionable =/= is fashionable

You’ve been asking the entire time for people to give actual examples of what they want. And when people finally do that you dismiss it out of hand.

True, but seriously, who will say yes to frills? I dismiss it because its a flat out silly idea. You are more then welcome to dismiss my ideas. Isn’t that the point of the thread? Discuss ideas and weigh in on them? I simply say no to frills, how about you?

Female LOVE!

in Asura

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

True, but seriously, who will say yes to frills? I dismiss it because its a flat out silly idea. You are more then welcome to dismiss my ideas. Isn’t that the point of the thread? Discuss ideas and weigh in on them? I simply say no to frills, how about you?

I say yes to frills, especially for males. They can look really awesome when done right, and give a lot of decoration, elaboration, color, and character to an outfit.

Female LOVE!

in Asura

Posted by: Pirlipat.2479

Pirlipat.2479

Btw. the new gemstore Outfit seems to use a female version for Asura.

http://dulfy.net/2014/05/27/gw2-ancestral-outfit-and-mini-jaguar-in-gemstore/

Female LOVE!

in Asura

Posted by: Bittie.6274

Bittie.6274

It’s unfortunate because Arena Net will probably use the same excuse that they did for Female Charrs and well Charrs in general about the male specific armor and the fact that they have a small player base/fan base apparently than compared to humans, sylvari and norn.

I know I’m not alone when I say that I see female asuras everywhere but that may also be that way because I play a female asura myself. I really hope Arena Net considers taking female asuras players seriously and actually start to give us female specific armor.. It doesn’t need to be “revealing” but more female like.

Le Bittie
No bro, that ain’t me. I ain’t about that life.

Female LOVE!

in Asura

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

Taimi did just say that people worry about appearances too much, since it’s what’s on the inside of your head that counts.

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

Female LOVE!

in Asura

Posted by: Haaznahnuff.1907

Haaznahnuff.1907

I feel quite troubled when I read some people asking that kind of request.

• Asura are not human at all. The fact that we, players, are human shouldn’t be taken too much into consideration except for the teen rating, as said. Moreover, I do think that even if I use it on my asura girl, the human-like hair, and especially the pony/pig tails are out-of-place (Imho, it was a mistake, like warriors wearing stilettos…). No offense here, but when I gaze at some of the sylvari and asura facial player designs, I’m getting quite sad about our incapacity to depart from the human aesthetic canon. Please, don’t humanize your avatars too much: it’s not because they don’t look humans that they are ugly, you know. It makes me remember of all these “BetterFace” fan-made add-ons that transform any single RPG into a mainstream fashion catalog and are an insult to the very will of the designers.
  • Asura are “monsters” without much a sexual dimorphism, as already said, or not the same as per human standards. We aren’t even sure about the difference inside of them. Aren’t we able to cope with this? Aren’t we able to play a species which genders are physically, and why not, emotionally and psychologically, nearer to each other than with the human species? Ah! Don’t even think about playing an ogre, then!
  • Species diversity is much more important than gender diversity, as far as immersion is concerned. Just having two genders and five species doesn’t grant you max diversity if all the gender diversity resumes into a single human gender diversity.
    So, if the lore states that one (or two) of the playable species is definitively non human (or say, less human), then let’s go with it. There are other species to wear ribbons. Or let’s accept discrete, alien, subtle asuran “ribbons” that could be anything but like human ribbons. When I play an asura, I want to feel an asura. It’s not only about my character, it’s about all the other characters, the NPC of both genders, the dialogues, the environment…

That said,

• I too find some past GW artwork great, and wonder whether these exotic features could be introduced to some extend?
  • I’d think that some female (and male alike) come to the taste of human fashion through contact with that civilization. I indulge myself in playing an asura female with ironed blond pony tails, trying to mimic a fashion catalog, collecting fancies, etc.
    It’s not to say that the asura females haven’t used any make-up for centuries, even when underground, but I’d see her intellect as having difficulty to catch some of the every-day mundane human concerns in the appearance domain.

Female LOVE!

in Asura

Posted by: HermiBoi.4791

HermiBoi.4791

I totally agree with u. I have a female asura myself, and if im wearing a helmet I could be a guy. I feel this is pretty lazy of the devs just to put the same armor look for both male and female…

Female LOVE!

in Asura

Posted by: dithoricki.2397

dithoricki.2397

I thought I’d say some more on this topic.

The first thing I see the most is people talking about the Asura looking like children and if ANet let the Asura females use the female armor looks the game would be banned in several countries. Have anyone heard about Tera? They actually have small children running around in VERY revealing clothing and it’s censorship in the US? They added shorts instead of panties and I think they also made some textures not so see trough. I think people are so hooked up about the Asura looking like children that this must be the excuse for ANet’s lazy work. Because that’s what this is. There are a few male armors in the game that show more skin than female armor and that’s ok? If ANet truly had the “they look like children and can’t wear armor like that” in mind they’d change the look on these male armors as well to “censor” it a bit for the Asuran females.

They could’ve easily made changes to the female armor to “censor” it for the Asura females. For examples. The armors that show lots of breasts, they could’ve added some cloth underneath to cover it, doesn’t need to be that fancy either.

Instead of just going the easy way and giving us the male version of the armor right off, they could’ve made small tweaks on the female armor instead.

I love the look my female engineer has with the pants and such. But it’s pretty sad that when I stand next to other Asura, it’s pretty hard to see that I’m even female.

Also. In one of the Asura storylines there is actually a couple that does talk about each others looks as well as their intelligence.

It feels that so many protect ANet’s lazyness with two things:
1. Asura look like children and thus cannot wear the female armor because it’s TOO sexy!
2. Asura does not care about looks but about intellect and because of that doesn’t need to wear clothing like other females, ex. human.

Both of these things have, in game, been shown to be just speculation from the public at why ANet did as they did. Instead of just saying that they were lazy!
1. Other games have child like characters that wear “sexy” outfits without there being much issue about it. Plus, there are a few male armors that sho off WAY more skin that a female armor counterpart would, example, breasts.
2. Asura does care more about intellect but if we take in the example of the Asura storyline with the couple and that some female hairstyles actually have ribbons and such to make it “pretty”. We can see that Asura females (and probably males as well) do care about how they look, even if it’s not as much as human females do.

T;L D;R
ANet was lazy. That’s the only reason we’re here even talking about this…

Female LOVE!

in Asura

Posted by: Haaznahnuff.1907

Haaznahnuff.1907

If Arena Net is lazy, it’d rather look proof for it in the quite limited number of physical, and facial variants for each species, outfit variety for each origin, emote variety, …, and above all (far above), the rather poor variety in NPC faces and attire (the number of models is quite limited actually, but this is maybe more a technical limitation than a lack of design time). It’s not a matter of adding boobs to asura females !

I wouldn’t shun a clever and lovely texture and model dimorphism, but not this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWKChAheHgM