Golem Mini-Pets help justify Engineer Lore?

in Asura

Posted by: leftharted.7102

leftharted.7102

I love playing my engineer, and i love him being Asura.. however (like many i believe) im stuck trying to make sence of having non-asura technology for skills as the engineer class…. I justify it by thinking as if my little Asura transmutes just about Anything into potions, bombs, poisons, etc….

But then i saw some toon running around with the mini pet PK 632Z, just a little mini golem that is for nothing but appearence…. and thought to myself that having a little perma golem out would help make sence of an Asura Engineer… would y’all agree??? As if, i use him as a mini fridge or teleporting tool to ‘portal’ all your crude weapons out of thin air…

Personally, as much as i love Engineer and Asura more than any other class/race in this game, the visuals have begun to wear on me, especially as i climb in level and my armor evolved….

I guess im looking for a little validation, would this make you other fellow Asura engineers feel a bit more validated with your choice of class/prof.?? Personally it would here… But i almost feel silly for trying to justify a fantasy game character…. Although, i CANNOT stand the size of the backpacks etc for Every other race, espeically how they poof out of nowhere… at least Asura are known for tech that can do such a thing…

in Asura

Posted by: Kesarai.5084

Kesarai.5084

I love all my Asura’s, so much so that I am down to 2 non-Asura’s and valiantly trying to refrain from re-making them in to Asura. That being said, I have recently created an Engineer and love her so far and after reading your post, I would definately have to agree that for Asura Engineer’s, a mini-golem would be a perfect item for their class. It technically wouldn’t even have to do anything (although that would be nice) but it would give immersion a whole new level for those of us that like to immerse ourselves into our characters.

Maybe you should put this suggestion in the ‘Suggestion’ forum, better chance of someone seeing it that could give it some thought or let us know why it would or would not be feasible.

in Asura

Posted by: leftharted.7102

leftharted.7102

Maybe you should put this suggestion in the ‘Suggestion’ forum, better chance of someone seeing it that could give it some thought or let us know why it would or would not be feasible.

I liked your suggestion to suggest my idea, so i did. Just wanted to say Thank You, and im glad you agree. =)

in Asura

Posted by: Cottonmouth.9846

Cottonmouth.9846

I think it would be neat to have a mini-golem pet that would actually loot mobs for us.

Billy The Barbarian
Zergbuster of Malum Factum
Tarnished Coast

in Asura

Posted by: Anymras.5729

Anymras.5729

I also like the idea of using Asuran technology to make the Engineer fit the race better – particularly Waypoint technology. Their teleportation devices have advanced to the point where they’ve built teleportation guns, in at least one case, so miniaturized, single-purpose gates should be child’s play – literally, for them.