How come Asura got shafted on customization!?

in Asura

Posted by: Bubblerum.6015

Bubblerum.6015

I love my Asuras but I went to make one of each other race just to see and we got shafted on options. the humans have what 3 areas of hair styles, same with colors and other things. Seems the other races got more too. I say we uprise and demand some more styles. I am talking free ones not gem ones! do it now or I will…um… make a golem to follow you around playing the Tuba!

in Asura

Posted by: Sithaco.4673

Sithaco.4673

BUT YOU CAN MAKE EARSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

in Asura

Posted by: Pirlipat.2479

Pirlipat.2479

Indeed plus all hairstyles are worth nothing if you have to make a human bookah. Who would want that. Nah, seriously more styles of everything are very welcome any time but for the moment I’m pretty ok with the options we are given.

in Asura

Posted by: Dinny.5310

Dinny.5310

Asuras have quite a bit in the way of ear types and skin color/pattern combos, but we definitely need another page’s worth of hairstyles. I’m hoping it comes with future updates.

Like you said, norn/humans have a whole wealth of hairstyles to choose from, charr are very customizable all the way around (although you could still make the argument for more mane styles), and although sylvari have limited hair options too, they have an ENORMOUS spectrum of colors (seriously: go look at it).

Yeah though, I’m sort of sick of female asuras using face 1 with the bun/bao hair style. So much so that I bought a kit to change my hair. We definitely, definitely need more hairs, this repetition is ridic.

Dinny [Asura/Guardian] – Annachponae [Asura/Thief]

in Asura

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

1. More hairstyles would be dandy, but more and better skin markings is what I’d prefer.

2. Currently, Asura eyes are bugged. NPCs can have (practically) glowing green, purple, pink eyes but my characters’ eyes are dull by comparison. This should be fixed. I have to basically stop and stare at every Asura NPC, gawking at how much better their eyes look…

3. More skin colors would be nice…

Bonus: A body type with some definition in the abs?

in Asura

Posted by: krixis.9538

krixis.9538

1. asura are ment to be bald due to living underground where hair is useless. they only have hair in gw2 so ppl dont go EWWWWW and not play them.

2. asuran culture the ears are the focus of attention in both looks and attractiveness (if u ever notice asura npcs say “my ears”) try an asura and use an emote and watch the ears and how animated they are.

3. pale skin because they lived and evolved underground

4. asuran minds are their muscle

Desolation EU
Fractal lvl 80 – 126 AR

(edited by krixis.9538)

in Asura

Leo G.4501

/rolls eyes

Mhm, yeah…

in Asura

Dinny.5310

1. asura are ment to be bald due to living underground where hair is useless. they only have hair in gw2 so ppl dont go EWWWWW and not play them.

2. asuran culture the ears are the focus of attention in both looks and attractiveness (if u ever notice asura npcs say “my ears”) try an asura and use an emote and watch the ears and how animated they are.

3. pale skin because they lived and evolved underground

4. asuran minds are their muscle

Wait… have you even played Guild Wars 1? More than half of the asura characters in GW1 had hair. Hell, even the first ever concept art for asura had hair. You’re way off.

in Asura

Posted by: Weindrasi.3805

Weindrasi.3805

Wait… have you even played Guild Wars 1? More than half of the asura characters in GW1 had hair. Hell, even the first ever concept art for asura had hair. You’re way off.

They had hair in GW1, but said hair was black tufts held up by fancy pieces of cloth. It blended in nicely with their earthy look. The Guild Wars 2 hair is rediculous—human styles, human colors…. makes them look like kids from that show Toddlers & Tiaras, only deformed.

in Asura

Posted by: Brutalistik.6473

Brutalistik.6473

They had hair in GW1, but said hair was black tufts held up by fancy pieces of cloth. It blended in nicely with their earthy look. The Guild Wars 2 hair is rediculous—human styles, human colors…. makes them look like kids from that show Toddlers & Tiaras, only deformed.

Yeah well they’re Asura hairstyles now and they learned them from the humans so there “sticks out tongue”

Pineapples

in Asura

Posted by: Panzerjaeger.7612

Panzerjaeger.7612

Learned them from bookahs?! No! WE invented those hairstyles!

in Asura

Posted by: Grizledorf.5290

Grizledorf.5290

Asura got AFRO PUFFS… YEAA!!!!

No really, who’s the bookah that thought it would be cool or funny to give asura afro puffs. the afro puff hair style gets my vote as the worst design flaw in any fantasy game I can think of.

in Asura

Posted by: Brutalistik.6473

Brutalistik.6473

Asura got AFRO PUFFS… YEAA!!!!

No really, who’s the bookah that thought it would be cool or funny to give asura afro puffs. the afro puff hair style gets my vote as the worst design flaw in any fantasy game I can think of.

You have no taste sir! Get out of here NOW!

Pineapples

in Asura

Posted by: Sahfur.5612

Sahfur.5612

I wanted to point out that the draconic heavy headpiece has more customization on humans. We cannot recolor the horns individually and theres no excuse for it. Its just a missing feature for us asura. Please adapt the game armor to better suit us asura. Charr stuff is huge and detailed and often has nice color selections. The modelers did wonderfully with asura cultural! Please adapt some of the high level armor sets to be nice also. We are one of the more plentiful races because the writers and animators did their job so well. I guess the modelers didn’t expect us to be plentiful (I didn’t expect to see so many asura either), but please fix the draconic helm at the very least. It would look very inquest with the horns golden but we only have two color choices on it whilst others get at least three. It makes no sense that they get more dye options than us on this matter.

Plants, As far as I know are still, still bending toward
the light! And if we dance, until the heart explodes,
It’ll make this place ignite!

(edited by Sahfur.5612)

in Asura

Posted by: Yinello.7068

Yinello.7068

The only thing I dislike about Asura customization is the lack of hairstyles. I really hope we’ll get more in the future – I’m also hoping we’ll get some nice long hair. Almost all of them cut off right at the shoulders.

Ginni Gruesome, Necromancer of the College of Synergetics

in Asura

Dinny.5310

The only thing I dislike about Asura customization is the lack of hairstyles. I really hope we’ll get more in the future – I’m also hoping we’ll get some nice long hair. Almost all of them cut off right at the shoulders.

Not sure if it will cause clipping issues, but even if it did, I would probably still go for it. I actually imagine my character to have hair longer than her shoulders, but I can’t reflect that in-game yet!

in Asura

Posted by: Barachias.2371

Barachias.2371

Not sure if it will cause clipping issues, but even if it did, I would probably still go for it. I actually imagine my character to have hair longer than her shoulders, but I can’t reflect that in-game yet!

Easy fix! Add a “Hair Length” Option ^^

I’d love to have different hairstyles too! I’d love to see a Mohawk on an Asura! It seems all the other races have one! xD

QQ But Asura are so cute to begin with…It’s hard to improve them without making it stupid xD

in Asura

Posted by: Riot.5210

Riot.5210

I agree. All of my Asura will have the little Asian buns with the ribbons. It’s not even about looking “cute” really, I just don’t think the others do not look great, for females anyway.

° Illusionist Alaeis – Mesmer | Meryl Winterfell – Guardian | Meryl Tonberry – Elementalist
° Stormbluff Isle

in Asura

Posted by: Vekthor.8914

Vekthor.8914

For me, male asura are either bald or have that hairstyle that feels like it was brushed back. All the rest is either terrible or just not good enough.

in Asura

Posted by: SSalp.6423

SSalp.6423

/thread

Immotal Kingdom[KING] – Desolation

in Asura

Leo G.4501

/thread

Yup, and therefore all helms that hide ears should be banned from Asura inventory (or they should be modded to show the ears).

in Asura

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Humans probably have more hairstyles than other races because its the only customization option they get. Every other race has other customization options in addition to hair. Asura have ears and skin pattern, Charr have horns and skin pattern, Sylvari have ears and skin pattern and glow (and a crapton of skin colors) and Norn have tatoos and for males, beards. With humans only having hair, it makese sense that they had more time to model more hairstyles (since they weren’t spending time making other options) and that more hair is nessicary to create more options, since they lack additional layers of customization.

Not to say that they shouldn’t add more choices for pretty much every race and every customization aspect. More hair, more skin patterns, more horns / ears, maybe even more skin tones. And they almost certainly will, it’d be a great way to generate sales of makeover kits if they added customizations to entice people to change their existing characters.