Inquest style outfit ideas

in Asura

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

I’d like to put together an inquest style outfit for my mesmer, but none of the inquest light armours are actually obtainable far as I can tell (And no, the “inquest” CoE armour is not actually worn by the inquest)

So I’m curious what dye schemes and (Light armour) outfits other folks have come up with that capture the inquest feel to draw some ideas from

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

in Asura

Posted by: Dustfinger.9510

Dustfinger.9510

I’d say anything red and black.

Teyo wears T2 medium without the helmet. Kudu wears T1 (or 2) light. Inquest recruiters wear basic heavy in the starting areas. Inquest technicians wear dredge medium. Crazy Inquest Researcher wears T1 medium along wit hthe veteran ornitholist..

in Asura

Ryuujin.8236

Kudu actually has a hax outfit. It’s T3 light, but the colours are all out of whack (he has a grey longcoat, but a red omnitool – but the omnitool and longcoat MUST share the same colour in reality)

Here’s my current getup – but still lot of room for improvement, would like something closer to the authentic outfits.

I should try get a good shot of tazza; she’s an inquest mesmer – would be more authentic. (EDIT: Updated with tazza and another inquest agent pic)

Attachments:

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

(edited by Ryuujin.8236)

in Asura

Posted by: Dustfinger.9510

Dustfinger.9510

Ah, wasn’t sure about which tie the light was. Like I said, there doesn’t seem to be a strict regiment on the uniform beyond the basic colors. That looks great. A-net hit a home run with the steampunk tech. I think you hit the nail on the head with the look. if anything, some neon-ish colour to accent like tazza but it isn’t necessary.

in Asura

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Kudu actually has a hax outfit. It’s T3 light, but the colours are all out of whack (he has a grey longcoat, but a red omnitool – but the omnitool and longcoat MUST share the same colour in reality)

Here’s my current getup – but still lot of room for improvement, would like something closer to the authentic outfits.

I should try get a good shot of tazza; she’s an inquest mesmer – would be more authentic. (EDIT: Updated with tazza and another inquest agent pic)

Also, Kudu is an Engineer, therefore he’s an Adventurer-type profession, wearing a MEDIUM-version of the T3 Cultural Light (with reversed armguard).

But with that in mind, then that makes Snaff a hacker, because his has armguards on both sides and he was… I don’t even know what he was.

in Asura

Ryuujin.8236

But with that in mind, then that makes Snaff a hacker, because his has armguards on both sides and he was… I don’t even know what he was.

He doesn’t just have armguards on both sides; his right armguard is blue, his left armguard is red. And I don’t think it’s any co-incidence in their design that his two former apprentices, zojja and kudu, have seemingly identical armguards between them.

Incidentally, Snaff was almost certainly a mesmer (Most of his research was into mind-technology interfacing, and their master plan for kralkatorrik basiclly involved dominating his mind), not to mention the abundance of purple in his getup

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

in Asura

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

He doesn’t just have armguards on both sides; his right armguard is blue, his left armguard is red. And I don’t think it’s any co-incidence in their design that his two former apprentices, zojja and kudu, have seemingly identical armguards between them.

Incidentally, Snaff was almost certainly a mesmer (Most of his research was into mind-technology interfacing, and their master plan for kralkatorrik basiclly involved dominating his mind), not to mention the abundance of purple in his getup

Actually, he has Red, Blue, and Purple in his getup which means that both Kudu and Zojja derived their armors from him (each taking a different stance on his research).

It’s a very deep symbolic meaning, because Zojja is taking the Blue (typically related to doing good) colors and the right arm (she ended as his right hand apprentice). She looked up to Snaff like a father.

Kudu, however, took the Red side and the left armguard. He believed that Snaff’s research into utilizing the dragon’s energy was good, but believed it could be better. He wanted to control the dragon’s energy and use it for his own purposes. He took Snaff’s research then twisted it for his own deeds.

Zojja, on the other hand, left Snaff’s research alone because she knew (that Snaff knew) that the research into controlling dragonic energy was too dangerous.

It’s very lore-oriented.