Six feet tall!

Six feet tall!

in Asura

Posted by: Brick Mantooth.9520

Brick Mantooth.9520

Can we get an option to disable some of the flavor text? If I hear “I feel six feet tall” one more time…

Six feet tall!

in Asura

Posted by: Jota.5193

Jota.5193

Everytime I hear my eng saying that I remind myself that would be an average on a human height and it just makes me laugh.

Six feet tall!

in Asura

Posted by: Vzur.7123

Vzur.7123

Asurans are always running around repeating that, and I’m just like, “what’s six feet tall? dakitten are you yelling about..”

Six feet tall!

in Asura

Posted by: AndrewWaltfeld.4621

AndrewWaltfeld.4621

rather hear that then “I can run as fast as a Centaur!”

Six feet tall!

in Asura

Posted by: Khyron.8735

Khyron.8735

None of that is as bad as the Charr death scream from jumping up and down.

Ad majorem gloriam! Ad infinitum!

Six feet tall!

in Asura

Posted by: Bassario.3465

Bassario.3465

Heh, Charr emoting stuff with roars and growls is the best!

Anyone here who has not done so needs to try /surprised on yr toon, it is most epic with Charr male and Human female.

U have clearly not heard it often enough coz u can’t even remember the phrase -_- it is “I could outrun a Centaur” and I don’t mind hearing it, most of these things make me laugh for some reason.

The only one I am sick of is “For Great Justice!” because it is very silly, not everything a warrior does he is doing for justice, some of us might be mean or selfish and yet if you are using that skill you will use it often coz its a good buff. For example you could shout “For Great Justice” and go on a rampage killing rabbits or other critters, and in WvWvW none of it is for justice, it is a fight for territory, yet in large groups you will hear it 30 times a min sometimes.

Six feet tall!

in Asura

Posted by: AndrewWaltfeld.4621

AndrewWaltfeld.4621

U have clearly not heard it often enough coz u can’t even remember the phrase -_- it is “I could outrun a Centaur” and I don’t mind hearing it, most of these things make me laugh for some reason.

Probably my mind safeguarding my sanity more like it.

Six feet tall!

in Asura

Posted by: Bassario.3465

Bassario.3465

Probably my mind safeguarding my sanity more like it.

Hehe, I still cant understand why gentle repetition on this level upsets anyone, I guess everyone is unique… but its very far from guy with pneumatic hammer RATATATATATATATATATATING away under your bedroom window at 6 am. In which situation your statement would make a lot more sense.

My Charr when he gets a speed buff simply says “FASTER!” in a quick and rough shout which to me still sounds like “BASTERD” and makes me laugh

EDIT: The B word is only spelled with a French accent coz of silly kitten filter :P

Six feet tall!

in Asura

Posted by: Vrede.8942

Vrede.8942

I think there is a purpose behind the Asura saying (Or any class)

Asura, any Profession:
“I’ve already beaten you, you just don’t know it yet!” (Entering combat)
-Some other combat line I can’t remember now for some reason-
“Why won’t anyone… help me?” (Low health/downed)
“Help… I don’t have long…” (Low health/downed)
“I was getting tired of laying around!” (Revived)
“It’s about time!” (Revived)

Boons/conditions:
“Accelerate!” (Swiftness)
“The thrill of speed!” (Swiftness) …I’m not sure about this line. Quickness?
“Initiating feedback loop!” (Retaliation)
“I feel six feet tall!” (Might?)
“Infuriating!” (Fury?)
“Body heat..diminishing.” (Chilled)
“I’m hemorrhaging!” (Bleed)
“High toxicity!” (Poisoned)
“I feel exposed!” (Vulnerability)

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/58540-character-quips-youve-heard/

The Goonie who wasn’t in the movie.

Six feet tall!

in Asura

Posted by: Creature.4038

Creature.4038

never heard “the thrill of speed” but often when you discover a new place they say “the thrill of discovery”

Six feet tall!

in Asura

Posted by: Kelesti.2458

Kelesti.2458

Considering how much the Asura feel that them, being smaller, is what makes them full of “concentrated excellence” was it?

The “Six feet tall!” thing really feels backwards and weird for them.

Six feet tall!

in Asura

Posted by: Kita.7819

Kita.7819

Well, six feet is almost twice their height.

at the same time its funny since six feet is a little above average for a human, and still small for a norn and a charr.

Kita – Guardian
Server: Darkhaven. The Besthaven.

Six feet tall!

in Asura

Posted by: ndrangles.5183

ndrangles.5183

6 feet tall is the funniest line in the game. this is fact.
:>

Majyyks [Os] – NSP

Six feet tall!

in Asura

Posted by: Twilight Zone Guy.1487

Twilight Zone Guy.1487

My favorite line is one that is occasionally said when I rally (male Guardian):
“Look who’s back, It’s me by the way”

Six feet tall!

in Asura

Posted by: HuntsForge.3260

HuntsForge.3260

I am pretty sure in one of the books the Asura measure things in Asuran feet because they are smaller and therefore more accurate.

Six feet tall!

in Asura

Posted by: Gehirn.8796

Gehirn.8796

“And now, to destroy you!”

Six feet tall!

in Asura

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

I don’t understand how the flavour stuff works. I keep hearing random voices from other races, genders etc. at full volume even when there’s nobody around.

“I can out-run a Centaur!”

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

Six feet tall!

in Asura

Posted by: JazKW.6547

JazKW.6547

May be a bit unrelated but here’s the best line I’ve heard:
“You’re dumb, you’ll die and you’ll leave a dumb corpse”
-Female Asura

Six feet tall!

in Asura

Posted by: Simplicity.7208

Simplicity.7208

Best line I’ve heard from an Asura is “Shut your talk-hole, bookah. Every time you open it, you drip stupid all over my floor.” Glorious.

On topic, I do hear that six feet tall thing a lot, and it’s not so bad when it has purpose…but for all I can tell it just randomly goes off whenever it feels like it. I’ll get it standing in the middle of nowhere doing nothing.

Six feet tall!

in Asura

Posted by: wmtyrance.3571

wmtyrance.3571

I don’t get people that let stuff like this get to them. Are you guys just needing to post something to complain about? I see post like this in every game. It just seems so silly to me.

Six feet tall!

in Asura

Posted by: snarfrificus.4230

snarfrificus.4230

well better six feet tall, then that they would say DEATH GOOD in an very enthousiastic way or if you follow asura s for the fun :P.
that they would say six feet tall, not seven.

Six feet tall!

in Asura

Posted by: Klawlyt.6507

Klawlyt.6507

Audio cues for when boons/conditions happen. This is such an excellent step in MMOs in general (along with standardizing boons and conditions), how can you not love this? I know individual clips can get annoying, but not as annoying as looking at your status bar. I love that I know the second I become chilled or poisoned or whatever without having to divert attention to the status bar.

The possibility of physical and mental collapse is now very real.
No sympathy for the Devil, keep that in mind.
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Six feet tall!

in Asura

Posted by: Humposaurus.5764

Humposaurus.5764

I got a solution:

1) Turn off the voice sounds

2) …

3) Profit.

Six feet tall!

in Asura

Posted by: Omeros.8715

Omeros.8715

“6 feet tall!” is said when an asura gets a Might boon. Since might is one of the easiest boons to apply, you’re going to hear it more often than the others.

And I agree: “You’re dumb. You’ll die and leave a dumb corpse” may be the best flavor text in the game. Not sure what triggers it yet, but my asura belted it out into a crowd of humans in the middle of Divinity’s Reach last night.

Six feet tall!

in Asura

Posted by: Ramethzero.3785

Ramethzero.3785

Try living with the female norn death moan. Its nightmare fuel, I tell ya.

For the Toast!
Tarnished Coast Server