Tier 3 light cultural armor changes

in Asura

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Does anyone know if there has been a response on this issue?

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

in Asura

Posted by: Drunken Mad King.8193

Drunken Mad King.8193

Not specifically on our issue, simply they have created a thread for all graphic issues that took place post patch. They are going to have a monthly thread on all graphic issues. I hope that we will see our T3 armor fixed instead of what this “fix” was.

in Asura

I think you mean this thread:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/March-Issues-with-character-art-weapons-or-armor/first#post1602363

It’s getting overloaded with the T3 savant armor issue, which is a good thing.

~Sincerely, Scissors

in Asura

Posted by: isendel.5049

isendel.5049

Speaking of t3 armor, i’m the only one that doesn’t like the head piece removing hairs..? I have these cool loking newly colored hairs and i’m not showing any head right now but i think it would be great to have t3 over hairs..

in Asura

Posted by: wookie.8934

wookie.8934

On top of the issues mentioned here, anyone notice the weird shoulder stretching? It’s really annoying…

http://imgur.com/qLna9Ox,E8MHAeM,RHxHSrr

Havok Legion [HL]
Fort Aspenwood

in Asura

Posted by: Rayti.6531

Rayti.6531

On top of the issues mentioned here, anyone notice the weird shoulder stretching? It’s really annoying…

Yes, this has also been postet in the thread mentioned above repeatedly. I made some screens of all the issues and posted it in last month’s thread and also in this thread. But I guess I will repost them again in the March thread as soon as I’m home from work.

in Asura

wookie.8934

Yes, this has also been postet in the thread mentioned above repeatedly. I made some screens of all the issues and posted it in last month’s thread and also in this thread. But I guess I will repost them again in the March thread as soon as I’m home from work.

Ah, sorry. Didn’t see it.

And thanks.

Havok Legion [HL]
Fort Aspenwood

in Asura

Rayti.6531

Ah, sorry. Didn’t see it.

And thanks.

No problem at all. I don’t expect anyone to learn forum posts by heart or scan alle the posts in subforums

Here is my attempt to summerize the cultural armor issues:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/March-Issues-with-character-art-weapons-or-armor/page/2#post1630571

Please tell me in case I forgot something.

If you find some grammatical no-nos in the post, sorry for that. English isn’t my mother tongue…

(edited by Rayti.6531)

in Asura

Sure would be nice to have a response on this issue by now. It’s driving me up the wall, not just the issue itself but also the fact we are completely in the dark at the moment.

~Sincerely, Scissors

in Asura

Rayti.6531

I have to say, that ANet’s support and response frequency in the english forums is much better than in the german forums. Actually it was like a dream when I arrived here and saw the team’s posts (you rarely see those in the german forums).

In comparison to here, in the german forums it’s like talking/writing to a wall. The only proof of the Mod’s existance there is, that now and than a post gets moved to another thread or forum.

That’s the main reason why I tend to post my bug reports in the english forums. And by now, all the bugs I’ve posted got somehow fixed or at least acknowledged by ANet. So I hope they will do the same with the t3 light armor issue soon…

A little feedback would really be nice, given how much time has passed since they patched these clipping issues in…

in Asura

With the next patch almost here, I REALLY hope our armor will be restored to its former glory.

~Sincerely, Scissors

in Asura

They fixed it!! Thank you so much!

~Sincerely, Scissors

(edited by Windu The Forbidden One.6045)

in Asura

Rayti.6531

Given the fact, that most people tend to complain about something and don’t say anything in case something positive happens:

Thank you very much ANet for the T3 armor rollback!!!! <3333

in Asura

Posted by: Ashariel.8490

Ashariel.8490

Thanks for the fix to the shoulders Anet, it looks much better this way anyway. Now I feel like playing my asura again

in Asura

Posted by: mrcrabcore.2781

mrcrabcore.2781

cant believe you’ve taken away my t3 light shoulders again :’(

Glasidria – Asuran Necromancer – Commander ~
Officer Glas – Asuran Guardian ~ Gunnars Hold
Guild – Dark Reavers [DkR]

in Asura

Untill they can fix the actual shoulders, instead of just adding the shoulders to the chest, it’s better this way.

~Sincerely, Scissors

in Asura

Rayti.6531

Given the many other glitches that have been intoduced to the t3 armor when adding the shoulders, I can’t believe you would prefer those glitches just for having a shoulder piece that also glitches and stretches no matter what direction you are moving your arm…

I think it’s good they made a rollback for the armor. Now, based on the nearly clipping/stretching free model, they can still add the shoulders. If waiting a few weeks means to get a fully functional shoulder piece (not stretching and possible to hide it), then I can live with not having a shoulder piece for now.

What I noticed though: the backpiece is still falling off the back and snapping back when moving backwards and stopping. No idea though, if this is connected to this specific armor… I will test this as soon as I’m at home.

in Asura

Posted by: study.1873

study.1873

i look like Zojja again!

YEAH!

Attachments:

in Asura

Posted by: Saital.4819

Saital.4819

What I noticed though: the backpiece is still falling off the back and snapping back when moving backwards and stopping. No idea though, if this is connected to this specific armor… I will test this as soon as I’m at home.

It’s not. Happens to me too, on any armor I’m wearing.

in Asura

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

Now if they would only undo what they did to my T3 heavy armor.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

in Asura

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

If waiting a few weeks means to get a fully functional shoulder piece (not stretching and possible to hide it), then I can live with not having a shoulder piece for now..

Such optimism; the missing T3 shoulders were one of the many things I reported way back during beta testing that are still unaddressed.

“Few weeks”; lol, I seriously doubt if it’ll be “ever”

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

in Asura

If waiting a few weeks means to get a fully functional shoulder piece (not stretching and possible to hide it), then I can live with not having a shoulder piece for now..

Such optimism; the missing T3 shoulders were one of the many things I reported way back during beta testing that are still unaddressed.

It doesn’t make sense to ‘never’ fix it. They will fix it one day, but it will take a loooong time. More like a few years I think.

~Sincerely, Scissors

in Asura

Rayti.6531

Well… The issue is not unaddressed… They addressed it by giving us the male, broken armor skin (and yes, it took them quite a while to even do that)

And that’s what I meant with my post:
If that’s how they intend to fix it, I can live without a fix. I prefer a real fix to strange fix attempts with lots of side effects. No matter if it takes half a year (those “few weeks” were just words randomly chosen to express that I don’t care about the time factor).

I’m not a big fan of provisional fixes for they very often tend to be permanent in the end. I’m glad they listened to us and at least gave us back the female armor model until they have the time to really fix the shoulders.

(edited by Rayti.6531)

in Asura

Posted by: Tea Eye Ay.6248

Tea Eye Ay.6248

I think the new one is cuter actually. I like the way the helmet looks now. Looks comfy.

in Asura

I think the new one is cuter actually. I like the way the helmet looks now. Looks comfy.

That’s because they restored it. The earflaps are once again small, as it should be.

Attachments:

~Sincerely, Scissors

in Asura

wookie.8934

That’s because they restored it. The earflaps are once again small, as it should be.

Still bugged for me. The most annoying thing, however, is the weird gap between the leggings and the chest-piece and the shoulder bug (when my character moves their arm in any direction but the default position [right shoulder from the back]).

Once those two are fixed, I’ll be a happy camper. I can provide screenshots if you need em.

Havok Legion [HL]
Fort Aspenwood

in Asura

Still bugged for me. The most annoying thing, however, is the weird gap between the leggings and the chest-piece and the shoulder bug (when my character moves their arm in any direction but the default position [right shoulder from the back]).

Once those two are fixed, I’ll be a happy camper. I can provide screenshots if you need em.

Your earflaps are still big? Weird.
You are playing with a female asura right?

~Sincerely, Scissors

in Asura

Rayti.6531

Must be a male Asura. Those haven’t been fixed to use the female skin but left as they always were.

in Asura

Indeed, although the male ear flaps are supposed to be big.

~Sincerely, Scissors

in Asura

Posted by: Karl L.8924

Karl L.8924

Post it in the character issues thread mate.

in Asura

Posted by: zeke.8675

zeke.8675

The male asura ear flaps are perfectly fine, they were always meant to be big just as the females were meant to be small. Its been that way since GW1: Eye of the north; males like big ears, females like small ears.

Now that being said I have a suggestion for the tier 3 asura light armor (sorry if someone has already suggested this). For the shoulder part of the armor why not take the shoulder pads AND the whole neck collar thing, stick them together, and that would be the whole shoulder part of the armor which in turn would make this armor piece more noticable when used for other armors.

I would be ETERNALLY grateful if anet would do this. PLEASE and THANK YOU

in Asura

Posted by: Leviathan.3690

Leviathan.3690

I liked the armor the way it was and im mad that they changed it back, whats the point of even buying the shoulders if I’m not gonna see them? Who cares if it clips the Charr have way worse clipping issues. It looks stupid on females now because the shoulders look too bare with a massive neck warmer. I could care less about the head cause I liked it either way and actually kind of preferred it bigger

(edited by Leviathan.3690)