Unforgivable Asuran experiments on Sylvari

in Asura

Posted by: wefal.8426

wefal.8426

I really love the Asura race. They’re funny lil cute creatures with sharp mind and straightforwad personality.

BUT! I read that when Asura first came above ground, one of the first races they came across were the Sylvari. The Asura mistaken the Sylvari for “unusual type of flora”, they captured and conducted few experiment on few of the Firstborn Sylvari.

Only later the Asura realized that Sylvari are actually a living race just like them, and to this day, Asura have attempted to restore the relationship with Sylvari.

Quote: “although some tension remains, the relative peace between the two races can be attributed to the fact that the Firstborn chose to abide by the tablet of Ventari and did not pursue a vengeful course”.

After I read that I was in shock by the Asura chose of action. The smartest race on Tyria yet they conducted experiment on intelligent, peaceful race.
Now I am truely struggling if to play an Asura or not because I really wanted to be my 3rd character race but now I’m not that sure :/…

Desolation ~ Human Elementalist.
“One does not simply fight Jackie Chan in a room full of forniture”

in Asura

Posted by: Slayer Lord.5023

Slayer Lord.5023

First came about ground? They been above ground since Eye of the North expansion in Guild Wars 1. That was over 250 years ago. The Sylvari firstborns are only 25 years old. Rata Sum and Asura empire would have already existed. Of course the Asura experiment on everything.

Jade Quarry Server

[DARK]

in Asura

wefal.8426

First came about ground? They been above ground since Eye of the North expansion in Guild Wars 1. That was over 250 years ago. The Sylvari firstborns are only 25 years old. Rata Sum and Asura empire would have already existed. Of course the Asura experiment on everything.

You dont get the point.

Asura used Sylvari as test subject like a guinea pigs. There is a difference between researching to conducting experiment on a race.

in Asura

Posted by: Slayer Lord.5023

Slayer Lord.5023

You dont get the point.

Asura used Sylvari as test subject like a guinea pigs. There is a difference between researching to conducting experiment on a race.

You do know that Asura think one day everyone will be ruled by Asura empire. Of course then Inquest wouldn’t mind experiments no matter what.

Jade Quarry Server

[DARK]

in Asura

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

The inquest did that, not the asura population at large.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

in Asura

wefal.8426

You dont get the point.

You do know that Asura think one day everyone will be ruled by Asura empire. Of course then Inquest wouldn’t mind experiments no matter what.

Yes, I’m aware of that.
But then again, why would Asura trying to restore the relationship with Sylvari if they’re gonna experiment on every race in the future? Why Asura haven’t conducted experiment on other races? And I’m not talking about researching, but on invasive experiments like the first meeting between Asura to Sylvari.

in Asura

wefal.8426

Can you support this with reliable source please? As my source didn’t mention any “inquest did that”…

(edited by wefal.8426)

in Asura

Posted by: Drawing Guy.3701

Drawing Guy.3701

My own Asura would be willing to experiment on Sylvari. She always wondered how they worked. She would also do it for 3 gold.

in Asura

Posted by: Dog.1472

Dog.1472

The Asura are not a morally perfect race of peace loving hippies. There are good Asura sure, but mad scientists are also pretty common. There are plenty who would consider scientific advancement as the single most important thing and ignore anything that gets in the way of that, like ethics.

“Please, you can look down on people without having to be physically above them.
As an asura, I do this all the time.”

in Asura

Posted by: Pedra.4381

Pedra.4381

Why Asura haven’t conducted experiment on other races? And I’m not talking about researching, but on invasive experiments like the first meeting between Asura to Sylvari.

Who said we’ve not?

Where do you think Quaggan and Char backpacks come from?

JonPeters.5630:]I do still believe ranger is the profession in most need of improvement…

(edited by Pedra.4381)

in Asura

Posted by: kitanas.3596

kitanas.3596

They didn’t know that the sylvari were sentient when they experimented upon Malomedies.

from wiki:

“The asura have offered peace. They did not realize that he… They thought he was simply another of the strange plants of the deep Maguuma, mimicking sentience,” Aife told them. “When they realized he was truly aware, they returned him to us.”

in Asura

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Can you support this with reliable source please? As my source didn’t mention any “inquest did that”…

According to the wiki:
Kudu is one of the top individuals of the Inquest and was Snaff’s apprentice before Zojja. He was also one of the first asura to meet the sylvari and was the one responsible for what happened to Malomedies.

And last time I checked, Kudu is a member of the inquest. And even if he wasn’t at the time, HE did the experiments, not the asura population at large. You can’t blame their entire race for the misdeeds of one individual.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

in Asura

Posted by: catqeer.1954

catqeer.1954

Why Asura haven’t conducted experiment on other races? And I’m not talking about researching, but on invasive experiments like the first meeting between Asura to Sylvari.

Who said we’ve not?

oh shush don’t tell them things like that… they aren’t suppose to know….

in Asura

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

If you want a good salad, you have to tear off a couple of leaves.

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

in Asura

Posted by: Vekthor.8914

Vekthor.8914

Who cares? It is only a matter of time until all races house our experiments directly.
For now we are happy in letting them believe they are not just following our infallible masterplan for world domination. For now.

in Asura

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

As Windu posted, the Asura who experimented on Malomedies was Kudu, who also founded the Inquest. He is a man who has little to no empathy for any other non-Asuran race (and possibly not even his own kind, if they get in the way of his goals). Had a different Asura made first contact with the Sylvari, things might have turned out very differently.

in Asura

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

All those inquest golems are enslaved souls of sentient beings as opposed to enslaved lesser elementals (elementals with less sentience).

in Asura

Posted by: Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

The only reason you aren’t -All- test subjects is because you become makeshift field rations when you die on a battlefield, which is pretty useful in a sustained battle that can last for weeks, or in a hold-out situation with Branded clawing at the gate.

Grind Wars 2: Heart of Tears

in Asura

Posted by: Avatar Rage.4369

That my friend is called science!

The Asura as a race saw the first Sylvari they came across and thought “I wonder how they tick”. So they did what most scientist would do and cut em open and take a look.

You see the Asura are a race of scientist. More often than not in RL scientists perform some what unethical experiments, but because no one has performed them before then it is seen as being fine. Until we step back and look at what has been done. Then new laws and rules are made so that these actions are not replicated.

Need we think back to what Zimm was doing to that Seer in GW1

in Asura

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Who said we’ve not?

LOL nice…

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

in Asura

Posted by: nakoda.4213

nakoda.4213

I’m still unconvinced that the Sylvari are sentient …

Boundaries are for the effortless.
Benn E Violence :: 0/20/30/20/0
You kittens don’t even know what the prefix “meta” means.

in Asura

Posted by: Zappix.7928

Zappix.7928

I’m still unconvinced that the Sylvari are sentient …

I’m not convinced either.

in Asura

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

A bunch of wannabe Inquest in here >_>

in Asura

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

@Leo: Shhh… We know that. That’s why this channel is being covertly monitored by the Peacekeepers…

in Asura

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

Experiments have demonstrated that “typical” plants release chemicals when damaged, and other plants are receptive to the chemicals and may actually avoid the origin; ie. it is normal that plants both respond to harmful stimuli and avoid receiving harm.

Should we stop harvesting and consuming plants due to this reflex action? – Of course not!.

In my experiments I have found that sylvari, likewise display reaction and aversion to harm. This is a normal reaction from all living things including the plants we rely on for food, that shouldn’t stop us from harvesting or experimenting on them otherwise we would all starve to death both intellectually and physically.

My sylvari test subjects have objected to this perspective, though the opinion of plants doesn’t amount to much, and I shall endevour to prove this is simply a reflex action as well.

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

in Asura

Posted by: nakoda.4213

nakoda.4213

Experiments have demonstrated that “typical” plants release chemicals when damaged, and other plants are receptive to the chemicals and may actually avoid the origin; ie. it is normal that plants both respond to harmful stimuli and avoid receiving harm.

Should we stop harvesting and consuming plants due to this reflex action? – Of course not!.

In my experiments I have found that sylvari, likewise display reaction and aversion to harm. This is a normal reaction from all living things including the plants we rely on for food, that shouldn’t stop us from harvesting or experimenting on them otherwise we would all starve to death both intellectually and physically.

My sylvari test subjects have objected to this perspective, though the opinion of plants doesn’t amount to much, and I shall endevour to prove this is simply a reflex action as well.

This is an interesting study. Tell me, did the introduction of harmful stimuli alter their linguistic capabilities at all? The plants’ capacity for mimicking the speech patterns of sentient species is alarming. No doubt a seditious form of infiltration and pollination, not unlike aggressive species of sporing mushrooms. It wouldn’t surprise me in the least if the plants developed the ability to mimic fright or other such sympathetic responses so as to fool their prey in to a false reverie of compassion.

If we can gather enough Sylvari plant matter, we might be able to produce a fibrous material out of their arboreal substance which would allow the Peacemakers to camouflage themselves and infiltrate Kudu’s operations with better success.

I will forward your study off to my colleagues at the College of Synergetics with my highest regards.

Boundaries are for the effortless.
Benn E Violence :: 0/20/30/20/0
You kittens don’t even know what the prefix “meta” means.