What staff to use?

What staff to use?

in Asura

Posted by: Chockeh.8964

Chockeh.8964

Is there any staff that don’t clip on to our heads? What’s the best looking staff for an Asura?

What staff to use?

in Asura

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Definitely NOT the Glyphic Staff (even though that’s what I’m currently using). That thing clips horribly with my left ear.

What staff to use?

in Asura

Posted by: Dinny.5310

Dinny.5310

Definitely NOT the Glyphic Staff (even though that’s what I’m currently using). That thing clips horribly with my left ear.

Mind posting a screen at some stage? I ask because I know some faces align the ears differently, and I’ve noticed clipping on some characters but not others. Also, the longer your ears, the more danger there is of that.

I use a toy staff.

Dinny [Asura/Guardian] – Annachponae [Asura/Thief]

What staff to use?

in Asura

Posted by: Chockeh.8964

Chockeh.8964

Toy Staff still clips trough my head xD. Does anyone have the Kodan (hotw) staff?

What staff to use?

in Asura

Posted by: Lexx.5780

Lexx.5780

Level 80 exotic Pearl staves seem small enough. Hope it helps.

Quis qustodiet custodes?

What staff to use?

in Asura

Posted by: Nuwen.8190

Nuwen.8190

Are we talking a ‘holstered’ staff? Or just the staff in general clipping the head regardless of positioning?

Always be loyal to your Krewe.
Krewe Master Tekk | TC

What staff to use?

in Asura

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Are we talking a ‘holstered’ staff? Or just the staff in general clipping the head regardless of positioning?

I haven’t noticed any of my staffs clipping while in combat stance. They’re held pretty far out from the body, and Asura’s ears tend to stick up in the air when they’re in combat as well.

So most likely holstered on the back (and when the ears are more limp), which most definately clips through my ears on some larger staffs.

Exactly how much it clips probably depends on ear size / shape, though. I haven’t noticed too much clipping on my Asura as long as its a relatively compact staff, and not one with a large ornament on top that spreads out horizontally (I’m using the Ebon Vanguard staff right now and even that only clips the edge of the wing of the staff). Based on the thread through, I imagine maybe your Asura has bigger ears that hang back further, which would make clipping more of an issue for all staffs and not just the big ones.

I’m hardly an expert on all staffs, but off the top of my head you might give the Kryta Staff or Lionguard Staff a look. I recall those being pretty compact.

What staff to use?

in Asura

Posted by: Rilke Cadmus.6829

Rilke Cadmus.6829

Molten Staff (CoF Exotic Reward Item) very slightly clips with an ear, but the way the staff is made, it acutally looks like the prongs are going around the ear, not through it.

Attachments:

Tnekk/ Fyrni/ Rina Selania/ Doroga Icemaul
“And also… I can kill you with my brain.”
~River Tam~

What staff to use?

in Asura

Posted by: Recycle.5493

Recycle.5493

Toy Staff still clips trough my head xD. Does anyone have the Kodan (hotw) staff?

It clips, but I don’t really care, I just love how it looks in combat.

Attachments:

What staff to use?

in Asura

Posted by: Recycle.5493

Recycle.5493

Not sure if the pictures are posted, so I’ll post some more.

Attachments:

(edited by Recycle.5493)