Why can't ALL races join the collages

in Asura

Posted by: Pedra.4381

Pedra.4381

I must admit my confusion. I took this bookah’s request to mean exactly what he stated. He desires to be in our collages. I, for one, have no reservations in that regard. In my experience, Slyvari plant material makes excellent pigments of varying shades and textures.

JonPeters.5630:]I do still believe ranger is the profession in most need of improvement…

in Asura

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

Also, you’re not allowed in because you called them ‘collages’ instead of ‘colleges’.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

in Asura

Posted by: Vekthor.8914

Vekthor.8914

linguistically inclined legume

This shall be how I reference the Sylvari from this day forward.

in Asura

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Don’t teach them to be as intelligent as us you fool! We won’t be able to dominate them later if we do. ^^

By then there would be no need to educate them, we’ll just put them ikittenoo. Every asuran zoo should have a couple of Bookah’s

Edit: Why the hell is “(In) (a) (zoo)” being censored? In “ikittenoo” no less XD

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

(edited by Windu The Forbidden One.6045)

in Asura

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Edit: Why the hell is “(In) (a) (zoo)” being censored? In “ikittenoo” no less XD

Maybe because those three letters are the starting letters of a four letter word associated with a political group responsible for the Holocaust? Seems a bit of a stretch to me too.

Reading over these ridiculous utterings, I’m beginning to think maybe you lot were all at the bottom of your class!

How dare you make that presumption, sir! I’ll have you know that I graduated with full honors from my Synergetics class of 1314 AE! And pay no attention to Professor Blipp if he says that I was the only student in my class. That’s irrelevant!

(edited by Zaxares.5419)

in Asura

Posted by: catqeer.1954

catqeer.1954

I can’t believe this discussion continues. What rational being would be so foolish as to provide the other races with the tools and knowledge necessary to build their own gates? Even if there WERE those capable of making it into one of our colleges, it would be remarkably foolish to ALLOW them to join. Reading over these ridiculous utterings, I’m beginning to think maybe you lot were all at the bottom of your class!

You sir are drole… and I am not drunk… I’m not I swear to the magical flying gear monster in the sky hic… I was at the top of my class good sir so the vast majority of them suffered through failed experiments and I accidentally messed with the memory center of the brainamigig… what was the wuestion again….

in Asura

Posted by: sirthosiris.1078

sirthosiris.1078

For the topic, because our colleges are massively more advanced than any education you can possibly muster. We are learning by the time we are born, while I don’t know when you start.

However, I do not know about the rest of the asura, but I was postulating an all-races college. I think it’d have to be somewhere more accessible like Lion’s Arch, or if we rebuilt Orr to incorporate all the races (if the humans allow it, you know. They would probably be pretty sensitive about their temples).

If humans can develop basic irrigation, charr can develop those war machines and guns, and sylvari can find 500 different uses for plants, I doubt the other races are THAT dumb.
Norn, on the other hand…

Tarnished Coast
Shimar, Donata Ironmind, Aerianwen

(edited by sirthosiris.1078)

in Asura

Posted by: Panzerjaeger.7612

Panzerjaeger.7612

I think other races should be able to join our collages. Collages are fun crafts, and I like to cut up magazines and make collages of Warmaster Efut.

in Asura

Posted by: catqeer.1954

catqeer.1954

Humans have their own colleges they call them universities or academies I forget the term. But do you seem them allowing other races into their schools no, so why should we?

in Asura

Posted by: CETheLucid.3964

CETheLucid.3964

Humans have their own colleges they call them universities or academies I forget the term. But do you seem them allowing other races into their schools no, so why should we?

Never met any asura especially interested in joining a human university… but if the interest was there, I don’t see why they wouldn’t be allowed.

Even that jerk Caduecus allows asura free reign of the place.

The Priory was founded by a human. No one protested Gixx being made Steward on the grounds that he’s an asura.

in Asura

Posted by: Dustfinger.9510

Dustfinger.9510

Oh, those rumors you heard about asura’s goal of ruling all you lesser races? Inquest propoganda. The real reason we don’t want you in our facilities of higher learning that produce political and military advantages like the telportation gates is becasue you’d never understand it. Don’t even try. But please, by all means, allow us access to the facilities that act as the pinnacles of human knowlege. That’s just good relations on your part. Wouldn’t want to seem inhospitable would you? Especially not when you have great distances to travel. – Vivisector Jakk, College of Dynamics.

in Asura

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Being called a College I think is misleading because they aren’t places where Asura gather to learn but rather work, endeavour for greatness, collaborate, invent, build, and foster new understanding. To allow brainless norn or human in would be to the detriment of the College, as no progress would occur.

The other races need to learn from the Asura sure…but join the Colleges? You must prove yourself worthy!!

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

in Asura

Posted by: Drezzz.5019

Drezzz.5019

You guys know the metrica province renown heart area where you are supposed to help with the broken golems? It’s right outside Rata Sum. Did you know that if you are Asura you get options like “Cross the poly-ellipsoid aggression relay” but if you are another race your options are like “Wiggle the thingy” That’s why they cant join.

in Asura

Posted by: Pantsdragon.5703

Pantsdragon.5703

The asuran colleges are only meant to facilitate asuran minds, bodies, and stature. If you can’t at least tell if something is displaced a micrometer off just by looking at it, then you have no business being there.

in Asura

CETheLucid.3964

You guys know the metrica province renown heart area where you are supposed to help with the broken golems? It’s right outside Rata Sum. Did you know that if you are Asura you get options like “Cross the poly-ellipsoid aggression relay” but if you are another race your options are like “Wiggle the thingy” That’s why they cant join.

Hey. I got results. More over, results no better then what the asuran natives accomplished with the… the button that I pressed and the thingy that I jiggled!

The asuran colleges are only meant to facilitate asuran minds, bodies, and stature. If you can’t at least tell if something is displaced a micrometer off just by looking at it, then you have no business being there.

Aww.

in Asura

Zaxares.5419

Hey. I got results. More over, results no better then what the asuran natives accomplished with the… the button that I pressed and the thingy that I jiggled!

Yeah! So much for Asura intellectual superiority; even knowing what they’re doing, they STILL screwed it up and caused the golem to attack them.

in Asura

Posted by: Hexxen.7216

Hexxen.7216

I fully agree that allowing the other races to join our prestigious colleges is a flawed idea. Our colleges are a privilege that every Asuran gets. They are not a business and if they were other races could never afford it.

That being said, I think we should open a College of Linguistics because most of these past posts have just been horrific. The common tongue is not our native language but we are Asuran we over come any obstacle of the mind. This display of poor language skills is unforgivable.

in Asura

Posted by: Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

The highest echelons of human education barely skim the surface of what our progeny are taught every day. What makes any of you think they’d have the aptitude to survive in a college? I don’t mean academically, but literally. The bumbling bookahs would no doubt kill themselves on the safer experiments assigned to them, assuming they were qualified to do even those.

Grind Wars 2: Heart of Tears

in Asura

Posted by: Nurgle.6597

Nurgle.6597

Because asura are closet racists

in Asura

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

> Leader of the Pact with a background in the Priory and Iron Legion

> Asura wont accept me into college?

Why? You racist kittens! I’ll build my own Rata Sum, with blackjack! And HOOKERS!

Know what? Screw the whole thing! I’ll design my own Black CItadel!

(edited by Kain Francois.4328)

in Asura

Posted by: nakoda.4213

nakoda.4213

Hrmm. You, sir, can have your hookers and culturally bereft idioms. I see your bookah debauchery and raise you the intrinsically intimidating Astra megalomania mixed with that special degree of despotism necessary to disregard to sentience of any and all bookah that signifies your importance at a level no more prestigious than lab curiosity

Your fully developed adult craniums barely give you the capacity to surreptitiously pontificate on the existence of reality!

Look at it this way, bookah have infants, who are not even self aware at birth. There is a reason our young are called progeny

Boundaries are for the effortless.
Benn E Violence :: 0/20/30/20/0
You kittens don’t even know what the prefix “meta” means.

in Asura

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Shove it up your assassin, skritt face!

You can hide behind your lingo all you like, because in the end what you’re hiding is your lack of wit! You couldn’t even build a proper cannon to fight Zhaitan without relying on the very resource he collects!

Poor babies can’t even build a stable city either! You live in a third world where you can’t even breath without Arcane Eye propaganda being shoved down your throats every 5 seconds! How do you like martial law dictatorship, you little raisins?

Charr favor innovative solutions; efficiency! What use is an unstable golem compared to reliable cogs and steam? Only a fool tampers with that he does not understand! Iron Legion engineers do not trial and error… They build and succeed!

Who are the ones which create your zeppelins? Who are the ones who founded Black Lion Trade? Who are the ones to perfect teleportation through fiery portals, while you cowardly bunnies were running from destroyers? EXACTLY!

NOW SHUT UP, AND BOW DOWN TO YOUR IRON LEGION OVERLORDS!

As heads of the Pact and high ranking representative of the Iron legion, the Black Citadel declares war on Rata Sum!

in Asura

nakoda.4213

Oh now that is frightening. And me without my catnip.

If you can manage to keep those rickety contraptions you call war machines in one piece for the entire journey to Rata Sum, our micromacigally aligned mass destruction devices will be waiting.

Although, the likelihood of you having the authority to call war on anything much more than a rotten fish buffet would be a surprise.

(edited by nakoda.4213)

in Asura

Zaxares.5419

More violets, I say, less violence!

in Asura

Posted by: Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

Shove it up your assassin, skritt face!

NOW SHUT UP, AND BOW DOWN TO YOUR IRON LEGION OVERLORDS!

You lost how many people to ghosts, a foe we would’ve easily contained in a matter of days due to a higher understanding of their composition? Hilarious.

Look at how many of your proud drones fell to the Flame Legion? Look how many more are falling, and your society’s prominent thaumaphobia caused by it. The Flame Legion doesn’t even have a god or inspiring leader any more, and you still fail to stamp them out.

Do I hear an excuse? A cry of, ‘But-But they have Dreeedge!"? Figures. Dredge technology is the same, crude technology as your iron legion’s, but held to a far higher standard of efficiency. They demand results for a single directive. Your technology, put to the test with their’s, appears to be failing miserably.

You couldn’t even take the humans’ lands without falling prey to a predictable and preventable curse. Twice. You also handed Zhaitan his forces by trying to invade Orr and setting off the insane Vizier, who likely would’ve died of natural causes later.

Secondly, your ‘fiery portals’ are criminally inefficient and costly to maintain for what little time they can manifest themselves. Asura gates are far better in the long-run and short run.

Thirdly, Your little cannons and tanks are truly amusing, throwing crude ballistics through wrought-iron tubes at your foes. I’m surprised the other races haven’t caught on to your trend yet. You’re inaccurate and lack the finesse it would take to win a war against dragons on your own. Without us, without our waypoints, without our Asura Gates, without our magitech powering your eye-sore airships, Tyria would be doomed.

Fourthly, don’t talk about innovation in the plural when you speak of Charr. Iron Legion is deserving of some respect, but Blood Legion and Ash Legion have no notable intellect. Blood Legion throws it’s men at the enemy until they drown in bodies and Ash Legion uses stealth tactics that are taught to students training to be Arcane Eye as a profession. Put head to head, the Ash Legion would easily fold.

Fifthly— Augh, I tire of speaking to you. The Pact -needs- us. It cannot breathe without us. It will never assist the Charr in any ham-handed rush at Asuran defenses, nor shall it assist you in burying the hundreds—nay, thousands upon thousands of soldiers that will lie crushed and broken on the field. We have the superior intellect. Were you to raise a blade against us, you would stand no chance. You have been warned.

Grind Wars 2: Heart of Tears

in Asura

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

Without us, without our waypoints, without our Asura Gates, without our magitech powering your eye-sore airships, Tyria would be doomed.

I like how you feel so comfortable taking credit for all that like you invented it or improved on it. I’m pretty sure Asura, while they certainly are proud and prideful, you’re stepping out of bounds absorbing your race’s achievements as your own. The actual Asura who conceived of the waypoint system or the crewe who developed the backbone of the gate system would have to be willing to ascribe their achievement to those of the race as a whole and I doubt they would.

But continue. My Asura buddies wouldn’t hesitate to tear down the arguments of the Charr and their crude technology in the process.

in Asura

nakoda.4213

Without us, without our waypoints, without our Asura Gates, without our magitech powering your eye-sore airships, Tyria would be doomed.

I like how you feel so comfortable taking credit for all that like you invented it or improved on it. I’m pretty sure Asura, while they certainly are proud and prideful, you’re stepping out of bounds absorbing your race’s achievements as your own. The actual Asura who conceived of the waypoint system or the crewe who developed the backbone of the gate system would have to be willing to ascribe their achievement to those of the race as a whole and I doubt they would.

But continue. My Asura buddies wouldn’t hesitate to tear down the arguments of the Charr and their crude technology in the process.

Bookah, if you were Asura, you would understand that the vast achievements of the most intelligent race on Kryta are a point of pride. Did he personally invent the gates? certainly not, but the fact remains that none of you overworlders have the cranial capacity to circumnavigate the crucial components of crossdimensional convergence cascades. I have no doubt that if you even tried to create a gate without the help of even a first year progeny, you’d end up summoning the gods know what, and we would have to come and clean up the mess… as usual!

The prior perpetrator of pejorative perjury couldn’t possibly precipitate any palpable problems for the perfunctory prominence that is Asura hegemony and sovereignty in Rata Sum.

The idle threats are more like children’s stories.

in Asura

Leo G.4501

Bookah, if you were Asura, you would understand that the vast achievements of the most intelligent race on Kryta are a point of pride. Did he personally invent the gates? certainly not, but the fact remains that none of you overworlders have the cranial capacity to circumnavigate the crucial components of crossdimensional convergence cascades. I have no doubt that if you even tried to create a gate without the help of even a first year progeny, you’d end up summoning the gods know what, and we would have to come and clean up the mess… as usual!

The prior perpetrator of pejorative perjury couldn’t possibly precipitate any palpable problems for the perfunctory prominence that is Asura hegemony and sovereignty in Rata Sum.

The idle threats are more like children’s stories.

Lol of course I’m not an Asura. But I do have close, extensive and sometimes heated discussions with my Asuran friends, Asurans who live in Tyria who have no means of commenting on the internet for obvious reasons

But the only part I was commenting on is how much pride he was taking in something he had no part in, which seemed out of character to my Asura buddies.

in Asura

nakoda.4213

Pride and ego is out of character for your “Asura buddies”?

Then I would hardly call them Asura. Probably degenerates that dropped out of College to go and earn money in Lion’s Arch selling flowers.

If you ever called me “buddy” in person, I would have my VAL-A disentangle your dietary tract by pulling it out your rectum and feeding it back through your mouth so that you never had to eat again and thus stopped wasting precious resources for the rest of us. I would then mount your efficiently redesigned corpus in my lab for an eternity of bemused observation.

… Bookahs…never learn.

(edited by nakoda.4213)

in Asura

Leo G.4501

Pride and ego is out of character for your “Asura buddies”?

Pride and ego in something you had nothing to do with. Don’t not read, bookah

in Asura

nakoda.4213

The world is ours, and it will be in the future.

There is nothing out of character with claiming prominence in a field which one arrives late only to improve upon it with one’s mere presence

Try actually visiting Metrica sometime and you might learn something about us.

Until then, enjoy your inefficient mouth breathing while you can.

in Asura

Leo G.4501

Try actually visiting Metrica sometime and you might learn something about us.

Are you sure you don’t mean Mount Maelstrom? I was warned about Asura like you. Aggression isn’t a wholly bad thing, but you’re downright over-reacting…just for someone referring to you as ‘buddy’? You know, some people just talk a certain way, using a common word to refer to things they mention frequently. I’m sure there’s some linguistic term for it.

I think you’re just a bit unhappy about being incapable of joining the Inquest…did they turn you down because you were too soft?

in Asura

nakoda.4213

I am not your “buddy,” guy.

in Asura

Leo G.4501

I am not your “buddy,” guy.

And I wouldn’t call you that…you sound like an Asura that’d take it personally and send an army of golems to ‘educate’ me. I get in enough trouble as it is, my Asura buddies are getting tired of bailing me out.

in Asura

nakoda.4213

I am not in the least bit surprised.

Your propensity for getting in to trouble is one more reason bookah do not need to be allowed in to our hallowed halls of academia. what a sullied thought.

in Asura

Leo G.4501

Yup, which is why I suggested the Priory.

There’d be too much bloodshed trying to get non-Asura into the colleges.

in Asura

CETheLucid.3964

… if you were Asura, you would understand that the vast achievements of the most intelligent race on Kryta are a point of pride.

Tyria. Our world is Tyria. It can also be used to reference the larger continent we reside in as a whole. There are others. Cantha and Elona for example.

Kryta is simply a territory within the Tyrian continent, such as Metrica.

I’m sorry you and the charr are getting into a throw down, but we shouldn’t pretend we represent our races as a whole and declare war on each other as such.

We have enough troubles as it is.

The world is ours, and it will be in the future.

If there’s any truth to that fractal of a future Rata Sum, you could well be right. But it won’t be yours or even “ours”… just one lonely, crazy asura and some kitty cat-golems.

It wouldn’t kill you or the asura as a whole to keep the ego’s in check… it might well kill you if you don’t!

I wish you well. Take it easy.

in Asura

Posted by: Reborn.9862

Reborn.9862

This topic is far more amusing then the title suggests, you want another race in the Colleges?

What if we put an Asura in a Legion, then the Charr would become obsolete …..well now there’s an idea.

in Asura

Posted by: dunnberry.2964

dunnberry.2964

Why don’t we let them in? Simple, No bookahs allowed!

Borlis Pass
Asuran Engineer (Lost)

in Asura

nakoda.4213

This topic is far more amusing then the title suggests, you want another race in the Colleges?

What if we put an Asura in a Legion, then the Charr would become obsolete …..well now there’s an idea.

For the Charr to become obsolete, I believe the requisite action would be for them to actually succeed at finishing something first.

Neither has nor will happen.

in Asura

Posted by: Sabelle.2159

Sabelle.2159

This is a simple answer; Most Asurans if you haven’t paid attention to little cues in their storylines, they tend to feel as though they are superior in intellect to other races in relation to their role in the Eternal Alchemy.

The Inquest go a step farther however by considering other races inferior to the point of enslaving them for guinea pig experiments.

As far as Asurans are concerned, they’d probably simply alienate an applicant of another race on the premise that said applicant would have inferior intellect.

On a more important note, there is the Political standpoint of the Arcane Council who would probably be vehemently opposed to letting what they would consider a “potential spy” into one of their colleges where they can extract valuable information/technology to use against Asurans in any future conflict.

Tl;dr version: While most Asurans are not racist (Exception being the inquest), they do display Xenophobia and tend to be a little Elitist.

(edited by Sabelle.2159)

in Asura

Posted by: Dustfinger.9510

Dustfinger.9510

The world isn’t as integrated as we like to think. A-net said that realistically, only the more adventurous individuals would be found in the other racial cities.

in Asura

Posted by: Sprawler.5612

Sprawler.5612

Other races in our colle-

Hahahaha, oh that’s a good one! You actually had me fooled for a moment.

in Asura

Posted by: DrixTrix.7168

DrixTrix.7168

that would imply other races a smart? pffft mammals!

in Asura

Posted by: Sprawler.5612

Sprawler.5612

(Asura are mammals, jus’ sayin’ ;P)

in Asura

Posted by: DrixTrix.7168

DrixTrix.7168

yeh but i am sure from an Asuran standpoint they regard themselves as something spectacular and above all else from the alchemy of the world or some nonsense.

in Asura

Posted by: Skribulous.3521

Skribulous.3521

Also, you’re not allowed in because you called them ‘collages’ instead of ‘colleges’.

This.

/thread.

in Asura

Posted by: KittyHat.3042

KittyHat.3042

I think it’s assuming a lot to suggest the asura have anything all that worthwhile to teach.

Yes, they’re good at making gadgets. They’re also astonishingly foolish and shortsighted and tend to lose control of those gadgets, resulting in predictable and perfectly avoidable disasters. Inventiveness without the wisdom to properly channel it is for the most part a liability.

In short, if you want a NEW problem, ask an asura, but if you want a problem FIXED, ask a human. With apologies to Commander Shepard.

(Also, sorry about the necromancy! Just couldn’t resist.)

in Asura

Posted by: Darkbattlemage.9612

Darkbattlemage.9612

You are terribly wrong Kittyhat. If you want a fight ask a Norn or a Charr. If you want problems ask a human. If you want something built that never been done before ask an Asura and hope they find the idea interesting enough. If not go ask a Charr next. If you just want company when you go explore this new cave you found ask a Sylvari.

I’m the Asura Elementalist that stole all your cookies, well except the oatmeal ones.
Chaos always finds a way, who you think Evil learned it from?

in Asura

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

We could not possibly accept the other races into our collegiate institutions.
They would just simply not understand, or at worst destroy themselves in the process.
If that were to happen where am I to get proper test sub…er I mean assistants?

The Norn are too enamored with their “spirits” and would wreck labs with their physical transformations. Though I will pause to admit it would be hilarious to use them as mascots for the next Golem tournament.

The Sylvari would be interesting, but I factor that our experimentations on one of their own could backfire on us diplomatically somehow. I just don’t feel comfortable bringing them closer into our facilities.

The Charr could be a possible candidate, but they are too close minded with their hierarchical thinking of the Legions first and their warbands. Yes it is quite similar to our krewes and colleges. There are differences; where we simply have the courtesy to sabotage each other and politically decimate our rivals the Charr have teeth, claws, and little self restraint in killing things in their way. Krewe/Warband rivalries would not end well mark my predictions.

That leaves the humans, silly bookahs. Though I do enjoy their silly antics as they beg their “gods” for help, I cannot see us elevating them to a level above the hylek really.
Their guilds and wars really did damage their mental capacity. It was only the near extinction of their race that helped them focus and even then they still deal with internal fights.

Ask yourselves this question: Do you really want to give them the potential of our tech in their hands? Only trained Asuran krewes should operate such items. They are too childish at the moment.

Oh sure their watchknight experiment is interesting, but they don’t even have the proper ethereal security measures in place to prevent them from being hijacked!

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!