Why did u made an asura?

Why did u made an asura?

in Asura

Posted by: Pwnzor.5682

Pwnzor.5682

lets begin, i made one because i love the animation when they are moving. they are just like the little man in my head :p they look so funny and small. got a ranger and gonne make the dreamer for my lill man, gone shoot unicorns bigger than me :p

Why did u made an asura?

in Asura

Posted by: Robert Andrews.7168

Robert Andrews.7168

My very first character I ever made in Guild Wars 2 was an Asura. I’m a former-ish WoW Player (only taking a break because of money issues,) and I have always enjoyed the smaller races, which is an odd thing, considering how tall I am in the real world. When deciding what to make, I noticed how much smaller the Asura were compared to the others in the character select screen, and the rest is history.

While I have come to enjoy the other races, especially the Silvari, the Asura will always hold a special place in my heart for their egotistic and energetic personalities, along with their diminutive size.

Maybe it’s time I got back into one. Hmm… what to make…

Oh for the love of little green tomatoes…

Why did u made an asura?

in Asura

Posted by: Edell.1286

Edell.1286

To be honest… I made an Asura because I thought GW2 was going to be bad :p

I only bought GW2 when it was released because my gaming buddies kinda forced me to. Back then I didn’t want to start playing to a new mmo and even less to GW2… I thought it was stupid due to its casual audience, korean mmo looks, etc. So I made an Asura because they were for me the basic reason why the GW2 universe was going to be so bad (playble cute tiny creatures ? Come on)

Well, never judge a book by its cover, or a game by its screenshots :p

Of all my original gaming buddies, I’m the only one still playing. I love my Asura and I love the game.

(I just wish they wouldn’t go with the temporary contents…)

Why did u made an asura?

in Asura

Posted by: OneUpMaster.6984

OneUpMaster.6984

I made one because they remind me of gremlins. and they don’t have to be cute lol. mine looks vicious. he’s a theif with the same basic look and colour as scorpion from mortal kombat.

Why did u made an asura?

in Asura

Posted by: Funkadacious.3875

Funkadacious.3875

My first character was an engineer, so it totally fit the asura image, imo. Also, who expects the little buggers to be so fierce? It’s what makes my Asura warrior extra fun!

That, and I always like making tiny characters in fantasy settings. Rolled a gnome warrior duel-wielding two-handed maces in WoW and another gnome (forget class) in Everquest.

~Proud owner of 6/6 Asura characters~

Why did u made an asura?

in Asura

Posted by: oohprettycolors.1943

oohprettycolors.1943

Asura was always a race I was fond of in the first Guild Wars and Vekk was one of my favorite heroes. I’m not one that usually likes playing smaller races, but the Asura are just awesome. Their personalities are a large part of why I enjoy them so much. Geniuses with a smart mouth. I find them highly entertaining.

Why did u made an asura?

in Asura

Posted by: Molonlabe.3761

Molonlabe.3761

(1) Much easier to jump, especially if compares with Charr.
(2) A bit more difficult to target in WvW.
(3) Heavy armor and light armor both look awesome on both male and female Asuran (especially Arah armors).

Why did u made an asura?

in Asura

Posted by: Lindbur.2537

Lindbur.2537

I wanted a huggable toy… that could walk and talk and beat up monsters.

Seriously.

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”

Why did u made an asura?

in Asura

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

I wanted an atypical necromancer, an asura seemed the way to go.

Cryptician Zetti, the bureaumancer of necrotic efficiency, College of Statics. There MUST be a better way of utilizing these bodies, think of the savings in labor! They don’t eat! They don’t get PAID!

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

Why did u made an asura?

in Asura

Posted by: Captain Victoria.5610

Captain Victoria.5610

I made one because I really like the asura in GW1. I saw these little, formerly subterranean creatures that were already beginning to conquer their unfortunate circumstances. They had moxie, and they were geniuses. I liked their design (more so in GW2 than in 1; they creeped me out in the first game). They were my favourite nonplayable race in that game, so making an asura with my favourite class (elementalist) was only natural.

And those ninja flips are cool.

“You’re dumb! You’ll die and leave a dumb corpse!”

Why did u made an asura?

in Asura

Posted by: Zevanth.8526

Zevanth.8526

We are genius, we are tiny, we have fluffy ears, we can dodge flips, and we say bookah to other races. What not to love?

(edited by Zevanth.8526)

Why did u made an asura?

in Asura

Posted by: Drakkon.4782

Drakkon.4782

Typical. Only a bookah would question why anyone would wish to be an Asura. Who wouldn’t want to be a genius? Don’t bother answering. The answer is “no one”, obviously. That’s what’s known as a rhetorical question. You don’t answer them, only think on them for a time. I can understand why you would confused. Thinking probably isn’t something you’ve done before. Maybe you’d be happier attacking something, hmm? Well, I can certainly point out some Grawl or maybe an Inquest base. Yes, that would probably suit your… talents… better.

“People don’t hate Scarlet the way Game of Thrones
fans hate Joffrey. They hate her the way Star Wars
fans hate Jar Jar Binks.”-not a direct quote, but still true.

Why did u made an asura?

in Asura

Posted by: Vec.2054

Vec.2054

I always roll “the little people” in mmos

Why did u made an asura?

in Asura

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

Vekk was an awesome character in EoTN.
When they said we can play Asuran I thought, This is going to get good.
When Zojja was announced to be voiced by Felicia Day I thought, Well that’s confirmed… I need this character race now!

Then I saw the little guys and darn it they are adorable!
Also I planned on making at least one of every race anyways, but these guys were made just after I made my humans. So they were second place in my heart.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

Why did u made an asura?

in Asura

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

They’re an addiction. I started the game with mainly Sylvari … but man, Asura emotes/dance/animations, and the “smartmouthed hypergenius” bit … needless to say, too much fun. Now, out of my 8 alts – 5 are plants or genuses, and I wish I had at least one more slot for the true Ultimate Being: an Asura Mesmer.

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

Why did u made an asura?

in Asura

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

Asura Mesmer is rather sweet, one of the main reasons why I built Dantus Dominus the way I did.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

Why did u made an asura?

in Asura

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Because you can make them look kind of like rabbits (with the right face and ears of course)!

Call me shallow, but that’s pretty much the only reason I bought this game.

Why did u made an asura?

in Asura

Posted by: Genophix.3098

Genophix.3098

I love the way they move, like how they seem to be tilting their heads forward to pick up momentum when running.

They also appear to be well designed and stand out from all the other ‘small’ races. I like like the flips they do for double tap.

Why did u made an asura?

in Asura

Posted by: Requiem.8769

Requiem.8769

I personify genius.

Why did u made an asura?

in Asura

Posted by: MajorLazers.4926

MajorLazers.4926

The dance, im a big fan of poppin and animation and i listen to EDM music so its perfect

Why did u made an asura?

in Asura

Posted by: Weir.5691

Weir.5691

They’re awesome!

Why did u made an asura?

in Asura

Posted by: Expiatus.4210

Expiatus.4210

Because they are short in stature, tall in power, narrow of purpose and wide of vision! They talk big and enforce their big talk with big weapons. Finally, they are snarky geniuses that near embody ever insane but brilliant plan I carried out as a kid. Yes, I was one of those kids that loved chemistry and mixed all sorts of household stuff in an attempt to make things go boom. Scary part was I succeed on some occasions

Anvil Rock – Out manned, out gunned and no repair costs, so Leeroy up and dive in.
See you in Tyria.

Why did u made an asura?

in Asura

Posted by: digitalruse.9085

digitalruse.9085

One word: Vekk

…who would not tolerate the bookah imposed 15 char limit. =P

Qwerkk – Asuran Engineer

Why did u made an asura?

in Asura

Posted by: Hwk.6987

Hwk.6987