Why don't the Asura take over tyria?

in Asura

Posted by: CulturedMind.9768

CulturedMind.9768

Their technology is centuries more advanced then all of the other races. Why do they put up with the barbaric Norn, Humans and Charr? I know magic is a factor but still the Asurans could take on any race and enslave them with a army of interdimensional golems.

in Asura

Posted by: goldenwing.9654

goldenwing.9654

We already have, they just don’t realize it yet.

in Asura

Posted by: Anmida.4058

Anmida.4058

They fool themselves. In due time, all will serve the asura.

in Asura

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Well, once EDs soak up magic…. Asura “tech” becomes worthless tbh. Only Charr would be still in full-strenght since they’re not based on magic at all.

If I were to try taking over the world, I’d first make sure that I don’t run out fuel.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Asura

Posted by: MrContrary.1264

MrContrary.1264

The asura have an imbalanced outlook on risk vs. reward that acts as cultural self sabotage. They’re techno-magical geniuses, but they have a child’s appreciation for danger. If they hatched a plan to enslave the other races they’d just botch it and likely create some new sort of ‘slavemaster golem’ that the other races would have to clean up.

in Asura

Posted by: Shinya.2598

Shinya.2598

IF they could, they would’ve.

in Asura

Posted by: JusticarArkiel.1564

JusticarArkiel.1564

because the asura aren’t very smart, as evidenced by:
1) unwilling to help fight the dragons with the other races
2)because they think they can survive and wait out the dragons
3)and because every invention they make tries to kill them, malfunctions horribly(and usually explosively), or gets stolen by the inquest and the other two options happen

Fix what you have before you build something new

in Asura

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

The asura have an imbalanced outlook on risk vs. reward that acts as cultural self sabotage. They’re techno-magical geniuses, but they have a child’s appreciation for danger. If they hatched a plan to enslave the other races they’d just botch it and likely create some new sort of ‘slavemaster golem’ that the other races would have to clean up.

I agree with this. Asura are very technologically advanced but there is a difference between knowledge and wisdom. They’re a lot like children when it comes to making wise decisions and thus leads to a lot of mishaps with their inventions.
I do however feel that they have already somewhat taken over the world as the reside in just about every corner of Tyria with a lab and a krewe. But if they were ever to actually commit to taking it over I feel no matter how good they are at planning and mathematics, they would end up ruining their own plans somehow. If any race were to take over I believe it would be the Charr, simply because they have been militarized from birth and are capable of both simple and complex assaults on their enemies or even allies if the situation calls for it. They may not be geniuses like the Asura, but they are far from stupid and much more capable of an offensive attack.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in Asura

Posted by: Darkbattlemage.9612

Darkbattlemage.9612

It could also be possible the Asura don’t actually truly want to take over the world. Just look at the Arcane Council, they actually hate the job as it hinders their ability to conduct experiments or invent. Asura do understand the need for a government and peacekeepers, but their true joy is simply tinkering away in their laboratories undisturbed.

I’m the Asura Elementalist that stole all your cookies, well except the oatmeal ones.
Chaos always finds a way, who you think Evil learned it from?

in Asura

Posted by: Emiko.3217

Emiko.3217

I agree with this. Asura are very technologically advanced but there is a difference between knowledge and wisdom. They’re a lot like children when it comes to making wise decisions and thus leads to a lot of mishaps with their inventions.
I do however feel that they have already somewhat taken over the world as the reside in just about every corner of Tyria with a lab and a krewe. But if they were ever to actually commit to taking it over I feel no matter how good they are at planning and mathematics, they would end up ruining their own plans somehow. If any race were to take over I believe it would be the Charr, simply because they have been militarized from birth and are capable of both simple and complex assaults on their enemies or even allies if the situation calls for it. They may not be geniuses like the Asura, but they are far from stupid and much more capable of an offensive attack.

Well… what I’ve seen in all the races, is the aspect personal agendas. Charr (and humans) tend to argue and bicker amongst themselves and the Asura are too busy one-upping each other. In all seriousness, we control Tyria’s economic flow, and can shut down all gates within moments of each other if needs be (if Mordremoth doesn’t do this for us). Or nastier yet, redirect traffic to very undesirable destinations for our enemies daring to wage war against us. Not to mention our Peacemakers, vast golem armies, megalasers, and other weaponry.

Could we really pull off a successful takeover? If we could momentarily put aside our differences and agendas then banded together and wanted too, yes. But…I don’t think for the most part the everyday Asura wants to dominate Tyria, and… as stated in the other post.. with the exception of a few power-hungry xenophobes, we’re perfectly happy inventing. After all, a civilized culture creates slaves rather than enslaving sentient beings (as stated by the Asura in Sparkfly Fen).

in Asura

Posted by: Dustfinger.9510

Dustfinger.9510

if the ausra could band together and put aside their difrences they would have a chance. I don’t see it only requiring them to only momentarily happen though. They would need to drastically alter their society to continuously rule other races across the continent through a constant show of force.

Humans have shown they can be extremely resilient turtled up in prolonged defensive positions. Beyond the war machine that is charr society, they have been shown to be able to hold a grudge for a thousand years or more. And their nature is such that anyone they bow down to needs to maintain their strength over them. Norn only see challenges, even after they’ve been beaten. And the sylvari will always be an x-factor as long as the Pale Tree lives. Since we know so little of her actual nature.

in Asura

Posted by: Anmida.4058

Anmida.4058

I would just like to remind the thread, and myself, that it is part of the canon lore that in a different dimension, the Snaff Savant conquered the world by using the technology Scarlet would go on to develop in our time instead.

As comic relief as that may have been, asura have already taken over the world… just not this one.

Yet.

Attachments:

in Asura

Posted by: Ashandar.2570

Ashandar.2570

Somehow this thread reminded me of the following dialogue in Interdisciplinary Accessium:

- So, what should we do in the case of a golem uprising?
- Impossible. The sedition inhibitor prevents any insurgent behaviour.
- And if someone determined a way to suppress the inhibitor?
- Well, then we die or we bow down to our new golem overlords.

In due time, all will serve the asura.

in Asura

Posted by: Toybox.2940

Toybox.2940

Apprentice: What are we going to do tonight, Snaff?
Snaff: The same thing we do every night, Apprentice. TRY TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD.
Apprentice: Narf.

in Asura

Posted by: Darkbattlemage.9612

Darkbattlemage.9612

Apprentice: What are we going to do tonight, Snaff?
Snaff: The same thing we do every night, Apprentice. TRY TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD.
Apprentice: Narf.

The Zojja and the Snaff, Snaff, Snaff, Snaff…..

I’m the Asura Elementalist that stole all your cookies, well except the oatmeal ones.
Chaos always finds a way, who you think Evil learned it from?