Why haven't the azura been destroyed.

in Asura

Posted by: Direwind.8409

Direwind.8409

Q:

So, why haven’t they been destroyed?

They are by far the most obnoxious race, rude with delusion of grandeur they have a genetic disposition toward a-narcissistic personality disorder.

They are always fighting between themselves, murdering seem fine with them so long as they see a promotion or a reward, they think nothing of backstabbing their own crew; Their government is totally corrupted too, their whole society is focused on scientific advancement at any cost and the prestige that comes with it.

Dragons are not the threat, the asura are, with their blatant disregard for all life and their drive to push the boundaries of their science at any cost will end up destroying the world.

I think its time for an Asuran cull.

in Asura

Posted by: MagusShade.2358

MagusShade.2358

well, there are a couple of reasons.

1) The Asura don’t blatantly murder each other any more than any other race. The humans have a corrupt council (Caudecus?), the Charr kill to gain their victim’s rank, and the sons of Svanir literally have a base right in the same map as hoelbrak.

2) The asura personify genius. Getting rid of all asurans means getting rid of a lot of the technological advancements Tyria has made. Suddenly there is no chance we can ever beat the dragons. Here’s just one example: Asura Gates.

3) How exactly do you propose to kill them? They are firing laser cannons while the next most technologically advanced race has normal cannons. GG

in Asura

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

They are by far the most obnoxious race, rude with delusion of grandeur they have a genetic disposition toward a-narcissistic personality disorder.

They also own and operate the name-sake Asura gate network, their tech forms the backbone of the modern Tyrian economy and even crucial to the pact military. If they withdrew support from the less civilised races, society would break down overnight.

They are always fighting between themselves, murdering seem fine with them so long as they see a promotion or a reward, they think nothing of backstabbing their own crew; Their government is totally corrupted too, their whole society is focused on scientific advancement at any cost and the prestige that comes with it.

I’m guessing you overlooked the fact the Charr are in midst of a civil war, the human government sickeningly corrupt, the Norn consider the Svanir their brothers and the Sylvari are pretty divided on whether to be harbingers of good or evil. The Asura in context are no “worse” than anyone else :p

Dragons are not the threat, the asura are, with their blatant disregard for all life and their drive to push the boundaries of their science at any cost will end up destroying the world.

Your looking at this all wrong… if we blow up the world – we’ll have defeated the dragons!… and there’s other worlds across the mists, so… I’d call it a net victory.

So crude. If I were to cull bookahs, I’d put something in the water that renders them sterile or something, so they wouldn’t notice til it’s too late…

…on that note, you probably shouldn’t drink the water. Just saying.

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

(edited by Ryuujin.8236)

in Asura

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

So crude. If I were to cull bookahs, I’d put something in the water that renders them sterile or something, so they wouldn’t notice til it’s too late…

They’d just reproduce via their technology.

Regardless, Asura are kind of scary. See those progenies? Look at their heads.

Those come out of female Asura’s like human children.

in Asura

Posted by: Drakkon.4782

Drakkon.4782

No no no. You’re doing it wrong. Don’t caution them against drinking the water. Offer them a drink.

Excuse my compatriot’s poor manners, bookah… umm… honored guest. Please, accept our hospitality graciously offered. We are humbly honored to host your presence on our world… err… in our city.

Thirsty?

“People don’t hate Scarlet the way Game of Thrones
fans hate Joffrey. They hate her the way Star Wars
fans hate Jar Jar Binks.”-not a direct quote, but still true.

in Asura

Posted by: dunnberry.2964

dunnberry.2964

Why haven’t we? Because you bookahs can’t even spell the name of our race correctly, let alone be able to outsmart us or kill us!
Also most of what you describe seems to represent the inquest not our general population
I wouldn’t be surprised if you were the bookah who polluted our pools in rata sum

Borlis Pass
Asuran Engineer (Lost)

in Asura

Posted by: Marge.4035

Marge.4035

Oh I know one Azura! Long time ago, during my vacation trip to Morrowind…
/ot

Gadd’s funeral, anyone?

Not all asura in sight are secretly planning to take over the world, y’know.

No, No, No! Mummified flesh on the left! Dried bones on the right!

(edited by Marge.4035)

in Asura

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

“azura”

Bookahs…

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

in Asura

Posted by: Requiem.8769

Requiem.8769

Oh, you could try.
But all this talk, talk, talk!
Surely this guest to our forums is getting thirsty? Excuse me, while I go fetch you some water.
There, your humble Asuran, at your service.
Now, let my Val-A golem show you to the door.
Goodbye.

in Asura

Posted by: KStudios.2850

KStudios.2850

This water tastes funny… o.o

Yumiko Togashii
Commander to [SLVR], Housepet to [GH]

in Asura

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

If you’re going to troll, at least spell our name right..

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

in Asura

Posted by: Drakkon.4782

Drakkon.4782

Trolls are inferior lifeforms. It is neither logical, nor professional, to expect any degree of higher intelligence from them. Like Ettins, they are barely capable of speech, let alone proper grammar while writing. If they manage to spell a word correctly, you should consider them to be a genius among their peers. But it is laughable to expect a troll to spell everything correctly, or to get even the most simple of words, like the name of our race, correct at any given time.

Hmm… Perhaps if we hybridized them with the skritt and allowed them to congregate in large numbers… No, that would be dangerous and reckless for the research team. Perhaps I should simply write that proposal up, hype it among my peers, and allow the Inquest to steal it so they shoulder the burden of risk…

“People don’t hate Scarlet the way Game of Thrones
fans hate Joffrey. They hate her the way Star Wars
fans hate Jar Jar Binks.”-not a direct quote, but still true.

in Asura

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Trolls are inferior lifeforms. It is neither logical, nor professional, to expect any degree of higher intelligence from them. Like Ettins, they are barely capable of speech, let alone proper grammar while writing. If they manage to spell a word correctly, you should consider them to be a genius among their peers. But it is laughable to expect a troll to spell everything correctly, or to get even the most simple of words, like the name of our race, correct at any given time.

Hmm… Perhaps if we hybridized them with the skritt and allowed them to congregate in large numbers… No, that would be dangerous and reckless for the research team. Perhaps I should simply write that proposal up, hype it among my peers, and allow the Inquest to steal it so they shoulder the burden of risk…

It’s not that kind of troll I was referring to, my esteemed colleague.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

in Asura

Posted by: inazuma.7021

inazuma.7021

So, why haven’t they been destroyed?

Who let this bookah on our AsuraNet? It’s still in beta and not ready for release to the other races yet!

Vhaewyn – Level 80 Sylvari Ranger
Dakka Warforge- Level 80 Charr Engineer
Xairro – Level 80 Asura Revenant

in Asura

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

This water tastes funny… o.o

I +1’d your post SO hard. I miss the SAB…

in Asura

Posted by: Naustis.8510

Naustis.8510

Azura’s got golems, lasers and teleport gates. Humans and norns got bows, swords and armors, sylvari are walking flowers. So try to destroy us, ha ha.

Ps. IMO only Charrs are smart enough to do anything vs Azuras. But, they’re just bigger cats, so who cares about them !
Ps2. Azura’s inventions are everywhere.

(edited by Naustis.8510)

in Asura

Posted by: Jigain.8231

Jigain.8231

Azura’s got golems, lasers and teleport gates. Humans and norns got bows, swords and armors, sylvari are walking flowers. So try to destroy us, ha ha.

Ps. IMO only Charrs are smart enough to do anything vs Azuras. But, they’re just bigger cats, so who cares about them !
Ps2. Azura’s inventions are everywhere.

The only thing Azura has is an infinite soul gem, which while ridiculously OP, does not conform any kind of actual direct combat improvement. Also annoying that you have to wait around outside her cult’s headquarters, because she only deigns to open the gates at dusk and dawn.

Azura’s a diva.

This post may contain a high concentration of sarcasm and irony.
If you are allergic to these ingredients, do not consume.

in Asura

Posted by: Kenetic.9670

Kenetic.9670

But the Azura have already been decimated, by the Asura. We knew those evil geniuses were up to no good, so we did the lesse… euhm other, yes other races a pleasure.

Now, have a drink? It’s real good