Why is skin colour so limited?

in Asura

Posted by: Riot.5210

Riot.5210

Why are the only skin colours available to Asura various shades of tinted grey, and brown?

Why are there no more colourful options? It just seems to strange. Are there lore reasons for this, or was the design idea meant to keep Asura looking as much like the typical grey alien with big eyes?

I want to be blue.

° Illusionist Alaeis – Mesmer | Meryl Winterfell – Guardian | Meryl Tonberry – Elementalist
° Stormbluff Isle

in Asura

Posted by: Panzerjaeger.7612

Panzerjaeger.7612

Well, it wouldn’t really make sense if there were cherry-red Asura running around, since that’s not biologically possible for them. After all, you don’t see bright blue Humans, because Humans don’t have skin pigmentation that would make them blue, and I don’t see how it would make sense for Asura to have blue pigmentation either.

in Asura

Posted by: Dinny.5310

Dinny.5310

There’s a blue skin color. It’s a light, pastel blue.

Their skin options range from white – black, cream – brown, and then there are also some shades of green, two shades of pink, and two shades of blue (if I remember correctly). So yes, blue is in there. Unless you wanted to be like, vivid cobalt or something. :P Just pick your blue tinted skin and dye your armor cobalt. That would look pretty nice.

EDIT: Demonstrating blue asura.

Attachments:

Dinny [Asura/Guardian] – Annachponae [Asura/Thief]

(edited by Dinny.5310)

in Asura

Posted by: Riot.5210

Riot.5210

I just did not know if there was any lore relating them to humans, thus explaining why they are limited in skin pigmentation in the way you are describing. If not, they are not human, so what is stopping them from being any other colour?

Ah, I know there are “colour” options, in that the greyness has a very slight, barely noticeable tint.

My Asura is straight black, because I find the gray-ish colours boring. :P

° Illusionist Alaeis – Mesmer | Meryl Winterfell – Guardian | Meryl Tonberry – Elementalist
° Stormbluff Isle

in Asura

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I don’t think Asura should be nearly as bright and colorful as Sylvari are (plants are pretty much the most colorful things in nature aside from maybe fish), but some color options with just a bit more pigment to them would be nice, I agree. Maybe some very dark navy-blue / magenta colors (to go along with the dark greens), a few light green options to match the light blue / light pink options, and a light blue / light pink option that are just a bit darker than they are currently so they aren’t quite so “white with a faint tint”.

in Asura

Posted by: vonbladewing.5973

vonbladewing.5973

Asura was a subterranean race and with the lack of sun light UV rays there skin complexion would be pale…… but on that point here my problem if there subterranean species wold there eyes glow in places with out much light, like a cat or a dog, or glow red with infrared sight?

Captain Commander of a Sky Edge Piracy