A guide to custom playlists

in Audio

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

Edit: oh yay it works now after logging into the game for the day. I guess I had to reset the game for it to take effect. Keep that in mind guys if you are having probs, you may have to log out then back in!

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

(edited by Paulytnz.7619)

in Audio

Posted by: Kaon.7192

Kaon.7192

I absolutely love this feature, and have been using it extensively since the Beta’s. However, it could definitely use some polish.

Here are some of my suggestions for improvements and bug reports (in no particular order):

1. Battle music in sPvP fades out to silence as we approach any Conquest Point… VERY anti-climatic. Would enjoy sPvP a lot more if this wasn’t the case.

2. Crafting playlist doesn’t work at all.

3. LA plays Ambient playlist instead of City.

4. Give us more playlist options for Scenarios that are not yet covered (Defeated and Dungeon, for instance).

5. Allow us to override currently hard-coded playlists like the ones in Dungeons (CoF theme gets really old if you run it daily), Southsun, and certain Living/Personal Story themes.

6. Allow us to adjust/disable hard-coded silence/volume reduction for certain game mechanics (Death Shroud, Downed state), and areas (Orr).

7. Have the MainMenu playlist extended until the loading screen ends to make it last longer than the typical 1-5 seconds. Having to stare at a static background is bad enough, why give us silence as well?

8. Pause and resume the current track instead of starting from the beginning of the next track when the playlist changes from ambient -> battle -> ambient, nighttime -> battle -> nighttime, etc.

9. Allow us to choose whether each playlist is to be randomized, randomized after first track, or played in-order.

Just to emphasize, I like most of the tracks you guys put into the game. However, everything gets old eventually if you listen to it for thousands of hours as you would in an MMO.

This is why I appreciate Custom Playlists so much, and hope you’ll be able to implement the bug-fixes and improvements I mentioned and give us choice to replace currently hard-coded tracks.

(edited by Kaon.7192)

in Audio

Posted by: Hopeless.5403

Hopeless.5403

Opening the Gw2 folder in my documents/music it is empty. Shouldn’t there be a list of city music, ambient, etc where I can remove/add certain music?

in Audio

Posted by: lakdav.3694

lakdav.3694

Opening the Gw2 folder in my documents/music it is empty. Shouldn’t there be a list of city music, ambient, etc where I can remove/add certain music?

No, the Music folder is empty by default. If you do the custom playlists right, you should end up with playlist files called City, Battle, Ambient etc. These playlists (that you can open, edit and save in any decent media player) contain the list of tracks you would want to hear.

in Audio

Posted by: Kamikae.9536

Kamikae.9536

Does anyone know if you can route to the original music by using the paths that are in the .dat file? I would assume the .dat is organized by gamedata/sounds/music or something along that line but with no way to explore it I cannot confirm.

Also can we link to said files in our playlist to “integrate” new music?
I really love the current music I just want to add many of the GW1 themes since I miss them.

Last has anyone compiled the “Original” playlists many have said if you get the OST you can remake the soundtrack mimicking adding to what’s there but do we have the playlists as they are in the game at all?

rMBP 15-inch, Late 2013 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB

in Audio

Posted by: Maxakari.5298

Maxakari.5298

wow! Anet made it where we could do this!? That’s amazing thank you! Also I’m loving the living world story!

in Audio

Maxakari.5298

okay, I tried custom playlists with windows media player and when I start the game there’s no music playing and I cannot figure out how to fix it, I have looked up many guides but still can’t figure out how to make it work.

in Audio

Maxakari.5298

OKAY So I figured out how to fix the problem, on my own, I looked all over the net for answers which i didn’t find exactly, I was using windows media player and my songs wouldn’t work it was playing nothing, and opening the playlists with notepad as well as other things did not help, Finally I tried something different. I use windows 8. Using a MainMenu playlist helps to test it.

1. So First open windows media player

2. Then put all the songs you want to use in the library under music and all songs.

3. Put the songs you want in your playlist according to which ingame music you want changed (MainMenu, Battle, BossBattle, Underwater, etc.)

4. Now here is the important part, DO NOT click the Save playlist button, there should be a little box with an arrow that says list options when you hover over it near the top right hand corner of Windows media player, THIS IS WHAT YOU CLICK.

5. Choose Save List as and make SURE you Navigate to the Guild wars 2 music folder (Documents\Guild wars 2\Music …….or something) Name the playlist Whichever songs you want to change (MainMenu, Battle, BossBattle, Underwater, etc.) and CHANGE THE FILE TYPE IN THE DROP DOWN BOX to .m3u then save it.

6. Test your new music with a MainMenu playlist to see if it works.

7. If it Works you should be good!

8.ENJOY!