Battle Music Doesn't Stop.

in Audio

Posted by: Paul.4081

Paul.4081

This has happened a few times now and I have to re-log or else the battle music just keeps on playing even if I haven’t attacked anything for a while.

I’m not sure if it’s coincidence but it always happens on my Warrior and in Ascalonian zones. Gendarran Fields and Blazeridge Steppes were the last two offenders.

Wasn’t sure whether to post here or in bugs but since this is audio.

in Audio

Posted by: Hermes.7014

Hermes.7014

Are you sure there wasn’t a group event or a Scarlet’s minions invasion going on when it happened?

Whether something is either wrong or right, someone will always complain about it.

in Audio

Paul.4081

Nothing like that. In Gendarran I was at the fields just north of where you leave from LA. All I was doing was gathering some mats, killed the occasional beastie and was chatting to guildies, all the while I have the battle theme playing (about 20 minutes probably). As soon as I re-logged the music went back to normal. In Blazeridge I was mapping and the only DE nearby was a protect the npc’s shield one.

(edited by Paul.4081)

in Audio

Posted by: Lukhas.1962

Lukhas.1962

Same problem here. After a fight in Cursed Shore, battle music doesn´t stop playing and i have to re-log.

in Audio

Posted by: Golgathoth.3967

Golgathoth.3967

This happens to me pretty much after every world boss, such as Jormag, temple events, Fire Elemental, etc. If I change zones, it just changes to a different battle music but it doesn’t go away until I relog. Gets pretty aggravating.

Sylvari: 7 Humans: 3 Charr: 2 Norn: 1 Asura: 0
“Tarnished Coast” since head start!

in Audio

Posted by: ParadoX.3124

ParadoX.3124

I’ havenearly the same problem ; When I’m fighting against Lupicus in Arah path X the ambient theme continu to play and battle music or boss music does not start

Kiwil / Alice Brightwood – Augury Rock – VVV

in Audio

Posted by: Nar.8327

Nar.8327

I am experiencing this as well. Zoning or changing characters doesn’t fix it – only a full log out.

in Audio

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I, too, have this issue. I submitted an in-game bug report. I did the Hybrid, came out, still hearing battle music…I changed characters to a low-level in Caledon…still hearing battle music. I logged out, logged back in with low-level, did some Personal Story, had a battle, finished it, came out of instance…battle music still playing. I went about my business on the low-level, hoping after some time it would stop; it didn’t. I had to close the game, again, to refresh the music. I hope it gets fixed soon, it’s a bit irritating as the music does do it’s job, and helps create a sense of urgency.

in Audio

Posted by: Chellae.8401

Chellae.8401

Yeah, got the same problem here. Definitely a bug.

in Audio

Posted by: Keenan Sieg

Keenan Sieg

Sound Designer

Next

Hey everyone, just wanted to let you all know that I’m looking into this. Any specific information about the circumstances under which the music initially triggered would be very helpful. Things such as your character’s race, profession, the map you were in and any events that you were participating in at the time (or if you were just killing creatures in the open world). Listing your audio settings would be greatly appreciated as well. Thank you for the reports!

(edited by Keenan Sieg.1493)

in Audio

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Some examples of battle music:

• zoning to a different area, I’ll double click a WP and then it’ll start from out of nowhere, then subside when I get to my destination
  • fighting in the Frozen Maw, even after the battle has ended and the chest has disappeared, the same battle music keeps on going. While waiting for the frozen maw event to start (ie. the grawl start attacking), random battle music intervals will start at different times, yet I’m nowhere near any hostile nor a boss/champ
  • same as above, wandering around LA, random instances of battle music will happen with no catalyst

There doesn’t seem to be any commonality between these instances, just that they happen either after something big happened and keep going, or else just randomly.

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”

in Audio

Paul.4081

I was mapping with my human female warrior doing hearts, skill challenges etc. I can’t remember what triggered the music to start but it probably DE’s I joined on the way in Gendarran Fields and Blazeridge Steppes. Sorry but that’s really all I can tell you from memory.

Audio settings – All volumes far right except music which is halfway. Voip ducking is far left. Audio device is Xonar DS. Sound quality set highest. Music interval set shortest. Mixing buffer size set at lowest latency. GW2 not muted when in background.

in Audio

Posted by: Tanith.5264

Tanith.5264

Hey everyone, just wanted to let you all know that I’m looking into this. Any specific information about the circumstances under which the music initially triggered would be very helpful. Things such as your character’s race, profession, the map you were in and any events that you were participating in at the time (or if you were just killing creatures in the open world). Listing your audio settings would be greatly appreciated as well. Thank you for the reports!

Okay, I can provide a couple of specifics.

This has happened to me after boss fights…first time it was the jungle wurm (I was on my fledgling Sylvari guardian) and the other evening it happened after the Shatterer, I think. I was on my Asuran mesmer then.

Both times it was “The Hammer Falls”…which is a piece of music I like very much, but it doesn’t make much sense to have it playing when my character is simply standing there sorting through her bags.

Tanith Fencewalker, Tanni Mindbender, Thyra Wrathbringer, Lovecraft Thrall
Guardians of the Vault [GotV] and Guíld of Dívíne Soldíers [GoDS]
Gate of Madness server

in Audio

Previous

Keenan Sieg

Sound Designer

Next

Thanks for all the information, folks. We’ve isolated the problematic system and are looking into what is causing the issue. I’ll keep the thread updated with what we find.

in Audio

Posted by: Alukah.2063

Alukah.2063

The main offenders for me are Inquest Golem Mark II, Temple of Dwayna and Temple of Lyssa.

Lyssa is a big mess up altogether, both the sound and my FPS break to the point I have to close the game to recover them.

in Audio

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I’ve noticed it happens after battling in Personal Story as well. I am looking forward to a fix as restarting the client isn’t my solution of choice.

in Audio

Posted by: Nini.8941

Nini.8941

I have the same issue, did a world boss and ported to LA just to have the battle music going on and on and on. And the normal ingame soundtrack seems to be really bugged out, the music just stops in some areas.

in Audio

Posted by: Slion.9364

Slion.9364

I had reported this bug ingame, but here again the details for how it happened to me:

My character: Human Female Warrior

I did CoF path 1. Like always we skipped the bridge bonus then continued normally, killing the acolythes then moved on killing the boss took my rewards got out of the dungeon then directly(in a time of perhaps 5 seconds) teleported to LA. When everything had loaded I suddenly noticed that the battlemusic was still playing!
I am not sure if it was playing when i got out of the dungeon but i would say it was just that i didnt notice it directly.

Sliona From The Sun | Lvl 80 Glass Cannon Pve Warrior living on Underworld

in Audio

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

This happens sometimes in Activities like Crab Toss too. I have a suspicion it’s linked to the script that activates battle music when there’s 4 or more foes around you. It’s somehow getting tangled with the script that fires when there’s supposed to be a particular music track playing. When the scripted music finishes, the closer script fires and closes the scripted music, but it doesn’t close the battle music that was still playing in the background, and thus it now comes back to the fore and keeps playing.

in Audio

Posted by: lakdav.3694

lakdav.3694

I had the same happening to me, i thought it might be a side-effect of having a custom battle soundtrack list. Literally every and any battle where the battle tracks trigger could have a chance to bug out like this (i would say about 20-40% chance).

I never had such epic crafting rushes in my life.

in Audio

Posted by: meowmooz.9270

meowmooz.9270

This happened to be right after reset in eternal battlegrounds and my game crashed shortly after. I’m a norn warrior if that helps

in Audio

Posted by: KotCR.6024

KotCR.6024

Keep having this problem too; Not sure what triggered it the last few times, but today, it happened after finishing the Lyssa World Boss, and again after finishing a Personal Story step.

You briefly hear the battle music start, then stop, then another battle music track start. This is the one that continues to play, only changing on zone change, and then straight into another Battle theme. The only fix seems to be to exit the game and re-log. Pretty annoying to say the least.

in Audio

Posted by: Golgathoth.3967

Golgathoth.3967

I’ve confirmed, for me at least, that it’s a weird form of audio lag. I had the issue after Melandru finished, so I went to the character screen and then back onto the character I just played. I then went to Lion’s Arch and stood around for a while. The battle music that was playing still changed to the GW2 character screen music while I was standing there, a good few minutes after I’d been to the selection screen.

Sylvari: 7 Humans: 3 Charr: 2 Norn: 1 Asura: 0
“Tarnished Coast” since head start!

in Audio

Posted by: Nightwish.4013

Nightwish.4013

I’m also having this problem. It happens on either my Elementalist or Necromancer and doesn’t seem to matter what zone I’m in. Battle music will start and simply does not end unless I log out completely. It will switch for something like viewing a vista or story mode but as soon as those things are done the music just keeps on going.

I do like the battle music but not non-stop. =( Sometimes moving to a new zone will fix it but most of the time I have to do a full log out to get it to stop since going to the character screen and returning doesn’t get rid of the battle music.

It is a relatively new issue though. It seemed to have started doing this in the last week, before it didn’t do it at all.

Edit: So far the only thing that doesn’t seem to be affected is WvW… I’ll update if that starts doing it too.

SBI ~ [DOG]
Nanaako ~ Elementalist | Shirogaane ~ Necromancer

in Audio

Paul.4081

Happened again after Crab Toss with my Norn Thief.

in Audio

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

Recently I also have experienced this issue. I vaguely can recall it but I think it happened after Crab Toss for me too. Even leaving it and going back to LA kept the song going on and on.

Yesterday I could realize that clearer. When doing Retribution part of Personal Story for my Sylvari female mesmer, the battle song started normally as a battle really began. But then, after the battle was over the song kept going on for a while as I and a friend stood in the instance for a few mins after its completion. But then, we left to LA and the song kept being played, actually it changed but to another battle song.

Other even was after doing Sanctum Sprint. During the game song played normally (sprint song), but after going back to LA a battle song started. Then I “tried” to teleport to Birsband Wildlands (not sure if I spelled it right, I mean the one above Metrica), but I accidentally teleported myself to Caledon Forest. The battle song was still playing but then was a different one (the same for Scarlet’s even I think). It only stopped and played the correct song when I finally teleported to Birsband.

in Audio

Previous

Keenan Sieg

Sound Designer

Next

Hey everyone, just dropping in to let you know that we have identified the issue. A fix will be coming with one of the upcoming Living World releases.

in Audio

Posted by: ArtemusHunter.9521

ArtemusHunter.9521

Hey everyone, just dropping in to let you know that we have identified the issue. A fix will be coming with one of the upcoming Living World releases.

Is that going to fix the lag with audio changing?

I’ve not used various custom audio playlists for GW2 because the game cant detect and play the songs fast enough on my end.

I mean, no offence towards the music of GW2, its great, but I’d prefer to have some custom battle music since the option technically is available, but the current system is too slow at recognizing when entering battle and when leaving. At least that is the case on my end.

(btw; I’ve tried every possibly combination for all the audio sliders, and its the same either way)

IGN: Floyd Hunter
TheRavingNecromancer.tumblr.com

in Audio

Paul.4081

Thanks Keenan good to know, I was about to report another issue but it turned out Scarlet was invading. I even logged out to try and fix it through force of habit

in Audio

Posted by: Tanith.5264

Tanith.5264

Thank you for the update. I actually discovered a fix by accident last night in Lion’s Arch. If you’re plagued by “persistent battle music”, go into the Red Hand, the Lionguard’s tavern near Fort Marriner. There’s an acoustic version of “Bash the Dragon” that plays in there that will take over and when you exit the tavern, the “normal” LA music resumes.

Tanith Fencewalker, Tanni Mindbender, Thyra Wrathbringer, Lovecraft Thrall
Guardians of the Vault [GotV] and Guíld of Dívíne Soldíers [GoDS]
Gate of Madness server

in Audio

Posted by: Order of Venvardis.6073

Order of Venvardis.6073

Sure hope this fix comes with the next update; it’s gone past annoying and has become upsetting. xD Today I was doing the personal story quest "Liberating Apatia" and during the cutscene where the group discovers Apatia caged and Risen-ified, and they are mourning her loss and deciding to go to Hoelbrek and speak of her legend, the battle music bursts in for no reason after a short period of sad, mournful music. Disrespect mm mm.

in Audio

Posted by: RolandMode.2749

RolandMode.2749

It happens when I do major temple event, the battle music won’t stop.
The most odd was when I finished a temple event, ported back to Lion’s Arch, the combat music stopped, then as I fell into water it started again.

in Audio

Posted by: Angarr.2597

Angarr.2597

Happened to me on my lvl 58 Human Guardian twice:

1. When completing a big fight at the end of a personal story and then teleporting to Queensdale

2. When playing Crab Toss and after the game being teleported to LA and then teleporting to Timberline Falls, the music still plays

in Audio

Posted by: xXxOrcaxXx.9328

xXxOrcaxXx.9328

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Combat-Music-in-Town/

A threat, I was starting in the bugs subforum, however, since a threat was opened here, I will post my issues here aswell:

I got random music changes, after taking falldamage, changing the map or simply without any reason.
The last time this bug occures was when I stood in the grove. Suddenly combat music started to play and didn’t stop until I logged off.

Ranger - Guardian - Warrior - Elementalist - Necromancer - Mesmer
EU Elona Reach – Void Sentinels

in Audio

Posted by: Ibbuli.4027

Ibbuli.4027

I still have the same glitch, usually after world boss the music keeps playing endlessly. Also after changing a character the log in screen music can start to play in game and won’t end.

One time the combat music kept on playing even when I put GW2 to the background (yes, I have the “mute when GW2 is on background” option on) and when I tried to log out, the game just crashed while the combat music continued on playing.

in Audio

Posted by: Acerola.6407

Acerola.6407

Is a fix coming next living story-patch already? I really hate this bug xD

(demonstration)

in Audio

Posted by: HandOfKane.5409

HandOfKane.5409

Yep I’ve had this problem too, always in Ascalonian Catacombs. Rarely the battle music will just keep looping and all other sound will drop out. Very annoying since I’m in a group and it doesn’t fix until I restart the game entirely. Hopefully that fix is coming soon.

in Audio

Posted by: Mai Abadeer.7516

Mai Abadeer.7516

Same problem here :/
Please don’t stop the (battle) music… Uhmm.. I mean… Please stop the battle music loop >.<

in Audio

Posted by: Cody Crichton.7516

Previous

Cody Crichton.7516

Sound Designer

Hey everyone.

We made a fix to the endless-combat-music bug that was plaguing just about everyone who got into heavy combat a few months back. But that doesn’t mean that our fix was entirely comprehensive! It seems like some of you are still hitting this, or something like it. The design of the system is to ensure that combat music goes away once the intensity of your combat begins to wind down and doesn’t come back until you get into the thick of it again.

As it is now, this is not a very easy bug to reproduce. Please take a moment and list out your reproduction steps so that we can look into it and do what we can to solve what problems we find.

in Audio

Posted by: darkkinder.7926

darkkinder.7926

happened to me yesterday with Tequatl. After killed Tequatl I went to Bloodtide Coast and the Battle Music from The Sunless continued to play, and all other sounds were low.

in Audio

Posted by: Mahkno.7593

Mahkno.7593

this just happened to me in wvw. all other sounds cut out except for the battle music. play seemed normal otherwise.

however, when i put the game in the switched to my desktop (commend+tab on mac) the music was still playing while in other applications too.

had to force quit the game.