Custom Playlists don't play properly. Why?

in Audio

Posted by: WeLoveKanjimari.6725

WeLoveKanjimari.6725

By “properly” I mean that they don’t change songs when they should change songs. I only get battle music if/when the battle has been going for a while (or the game knows it will be going for a while, and calls the music by default, such as during storyline bosses). Other times I’m listening to Rabanastre Lowtown while fighting tamini and it is really awkward.

The underwater music changes immediately, but it doens’t change back to regular field music until the underwater song ends. So if I go underwater for 3 seconds, I’m stuck listening to a song that very clearly doesn’t suit land-based gameplay for 4 minutes.

Is this something that can be fixed?

in Audio

Posted by: Rika.7249

Rika.7249

I have the same issue.
City and Ambient all play instantly.
Battle music however, never occurs.

in Audio

Posted by: Jenvo.3578

Jenvo.3578

I’ve noticed this too. The custom playlists are awesome, but this issue can kind of take away from it.

in Audio

Posted by: Deadman UK.5473

Deadman UK.5473

The custom playlists need an overhaul wth more options and bug fixes.

in Audio

Posted by: Hermes.7014

Hermes.7014

I’ve noticed his too. Also, I thought on dragon fights the boss playlist played, but it’s still the battle playlist.

Whether something is either wrong or right, someone will always complain about it.

in Audio

Posted by: BlakThornArrow.2389

BlakThornArrow.2389

indeed a very annoying issue , also just now made a playlist but my music does not play? can you activate it or does it play on its own=?

White Lions Claw , dungeon, Living Story ,
Personal Story, WvsW , Guild Missions, Living Story and so much more.
(We have Teamspeak and a forum ) join us!

in Audio

Posted by: bantapoo.1093

bantapoo.1093

I can’t make any playlist play in game.
Followed tutorial exactly yet, it still plays the normal music on main menu…
Please help!

in Audio

Posted by: Rika.7249

Rika.7249

I’ve found out that the game doesn’t consider anything less than 5-enemies attacking you, a battle. Meaning if you want your epic battle music to play, you need to pull quite a lot of mobs.

in Audio

Posted by: bantapoo.1093

bantapoo.1093

Battle music is supposed to be 3+ mobs, according to some people post.
I really wish I’d know what’s wrong with my playlist as it doesn’t get played at all in game…

in Audio

Posted by: Stormbringer.5867

Stormbringer.5867

I’m really disheartened that the playlists aren’t more intelligent. Please fix arenanet! The sound can really detract from a players experience and immersion in the game.

in Audio

Posted by: Sleepless.1906

Sleepless.1906

Just posted my own thread on this but found this one now…

“Heya,

I’m really sorry if this has been talked about already (I’m sure it has) but I did a search and didn’t find an answer.

I’ve been trying to get the custom soundtrack playlist thing to work but the music has just disappeared completely. I did it exactly as described on the wiki and have double checked folder locations and file types. Any tips?

Also, seeing as this is such an amazing feature, is there any chance it could make the list of things to be upgraded in future? A better interface for doing it, perhaps? And the ability to customise more sounds? I would appreciate it a lot at least

tyvm"