Custom Soundtracks, A suggestion

in Audio

Posted by: KumajirouSan.3527

KumajirouSan.3527

I really love the option to make custom soundtracks for the game, but It feels quite limited. For one, the Crafting soundtrack doesn’t work after all this time. I also really wish you could choose it for each city, I mean… How awesome would it be to go to Hoelbrak and hear metal playing, then going to Rata Sum and hear dubstep! Even custom WvW/PvP options would be great! For now the only option is to have unique music for Divinities Reach but there really should be more.

in Audio

Posted by: Terry Bogard.6950

Terry Bogard.6950

I would LOVE more options in this arena as well. Would be such a boon.

in Audio

Posted by: RoyalPredator.9163

RoyalPredator.9163

It’s an old suggestion. We “Custom playlist” users ask for more folders, so we can mix where and what we want to hear. Otherwise it can be really creepy.

Game Designer || iREVOLUTION.Design \\
“A man chooses; a slave obeys.” | “Want HardMode? Play Ranger!”

in Audio

Posted by: lakdav.3694

lakdav.3694

Only thing i would wish for is that the new musics playing in LivingStories like the marionette or the Breachmaker would have their own folders. I hate missing out these usually great tracks because i have a custom Battle folder to get some more fitting battles themes instead the… thing the original game has for common encounters.

in Audio

Posted by: RoyalPredator.9163

RoyalPredator.9163

The best would be if they seperate every chunk of Tyria with subfolders;

1. Ascalon: Ambient, Night
  2. Orr: Ambient, Night
  3. Shiverpeaks: Ambient, Night
  4. Divinity’s Reach
  5. Lion’s Arch

Because these are all different style of areas that deserves different shades of soundtracks. It’s really bad when the depressive night sounds of Orr gets played at Gendarran’s Field for example. Or when the refugee camp on this LA battle had the usual happy-traders background sounds…

A udio is very important to bring places to live.
A proper storm effect makes everything better, now we still lack these.
A nd we’re not spoke about thevisual effects, mappings, features yet.
+
??!

Game Designer || iREVOLUTION.Design \\
“A man chooses; a slave obeys.” | “Want HardMode? Play Ranger!”

in Audio

Posted by: Terry Bogard.6950

Terry Bogard.6950

It used to be that specially made music would play when appropriate. It still does in most places, but like in the Living Story, it doesn’t work that way anymore.

Any improvements to the custom music would be a blow-the-doors-off improvement in my eyes. Anything.