Event announcement radius

in Audio

Posted by: Aenaos.8160

Aenaos.8160

It is too large.
I get to hear bad guys announcing their presence/events every
30-40 sec,and I am way to far from them.
It is unnecessary,and it is very annoying to the point that it is
unpleasant.
The mini map and map markers are more than enough.
Yesterday,in Caledon Forest, Xoloti spamming it’s phrase
loud and clear on my speakers when I was all the way down south
of the bay were the event takes place,made me just exit the game.
It was impossible to do anything else whilst having the same phrase
being repeated again and again to the point of kitten kitten Hodor kitten.
You need to reduce the radius of such vocal announcements.
Also reduce the rate at which they are being repeated.
Your over stating of some features that are “unique” to this game
ends up reducing the quality of the game and contributes to a lesser
gaming experience.
There is an open public event on the other side of the map and bla bla bla.
Got it.
The first 10 times was enough?

-Win a pip,lose a pip,win a pip,lose a pip,lose a pip,
lose a pip,win 2 pips,lose a pip,lose a pip…………..-
-Go go Espartz.-

in Audio

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

Yes I agree with this….
It is NOT fun listening to a boss announce themselves repeatedly over and over again. A lot of the time these are Group Event bosses as well, so it’s not like you can just go kill them -_-

in Audio

Posted by: Cody Crichton.7516

Cody Crichton.7516

Sound Designer

Next

Dialogue cues are content design implementation (game design) with an audible side effect, and as such this is out of the purview of the audio department.

The general Guild Wars 2 Discussion sub forum is definitely a better place to leave this type of feedback.

As always, thanks for listening and for caring!

in Audio

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

Would NPC dialogue during personal story missions being too quiet unless you’re standing right next to them also be game design?

in Audio

Previous

Cody Crichton.7516

Sound Designer

Next

Volume of entire categories of audio, whether it is voiced dialogue or sound effects, is definitely within our realm. We’re always looking into improving the mix, so definitely leave that sort of feedback for us here!

Thanks!

in Audio

Posted by: eleshazar.6902

eleshazar.6902

Good idea on the reduction of certain range/frequency of NPC statements in the world!

Here are some that I can recite from memory because they repeat so frequently:

1) “Your weakness makes me laugh!” <— Ice Fractal (Son of Svanir boss says this way too often).

2) “Prove the sun shines through you. Face me in another form!” <— Xotol(?) in caledon forest.

3) “No, no no!….” <— Dredge in Sorrow’s Embrace repeats this statement every time a player walks over some trigger and it ends up going off 10 times at least within a minute.

4) “You heard Grast, hold the line, send the intruders to Grenth” <— Kholer in Ascalonian Catacombs, same problem as the dredge in SE, repeats the line for every player that walks past which leads to “You heard Grast, You heard Grast, You heard Grast, You heard Grast, You heard Grast, hold the line! Send the intruders to Grenth!”

5) “We have cleared the entrance to the citadel of Flame!” <— Citadel of Flame Announcer Lady

And there are really so many others. I like the fact that there are sound effects, and it is cool that I can joke and say one of those lines and other players will laugh because we all know how annoying they get. But a slight toning back of the frequency on repeated lines/ fixing the triggers in dungeon runs on certain NPCs would really be helpful if you ever get a chance!

Thanks for your hard work!

All professions level 80| Champion Paragon, Phantom, Genius
Phoenix Ascendant [ASH] | Rank 80

in Audio

Previous

Cody Crichton.7516

Sound Designer

Thank you for collecting this feedback, eleshazar, however this feedback really belongs on another forum as the audio department generally has no involvement with addressing issues regarding which lines play or how often they play, merely with the quality of the voice files that play, and how voice sounds compared to the rest of the audio mix.

This is not true for non-voiced sound effects, however, as the audio department generally has total control over all aspects of these.