Fountain around LA statue makes no sound [merged threads]

in Audio

Posted by: Chellae.8401

Chellae.8401

Before the statue’s destruction during the Mad King event, the fish fountain around it used to make these ‘ploppy’ sounds as the water bounced around, and occasionally being spewed upwards all around. Now the statue and fountain is finally rebuilt but it’s completely silent. I assume this was an oversight and if it’s brought to the devs’ attention, they’ll add it back. :]

in Audio

Posted by: JayMack.8295

JayMack.8295

That is true. It’s been so long since I’ve heard the water shooting sounds that I’d forgotten it!

Indeed, please bring it back, ANet.

in Audio

Posted by: Drago.4158

Drago.4158

Want this. It’s a charming ambiance that I miss.

in Audio

Posted by: ZoiN.4280

ZoiN.4280

Yes please ! ;o

in Audio

Posted by: binidj.5734

binidj.5734

/signed … I miss the musical plooping noise.

Glad to be [Grey] – http://thegrey.enjin.com/home
Piken Square

in Audio

Posted by: bettadenu.5483

bettadenu.5483

The fountain doesn’t make the sound anymore when waters hops from fish to fish on the Lions statue in LA.

I kinda miss the sound.

in Audio

Posted by: slash.5428

slash.5428

bump until someone from ANet sees this, it’s really something important for since it’s one of the things that keep me log in the game. It’s like that Naaru in Shattrath in World of Warcraft : Burning Crusade

in Audio

Posted by: DoctorOverlord.8620

DoctorOverlord.8620

Good to see that someone else noticed this! I miss the fountain song too, please bring it back ArenaNet!

Check my GW2 Comic Dynamic Events http://goo.gl/JyB3J (Short Google Link to Fan Content Forum here)

in Audio

Posted by: Mackanstein.2503

Mackanstein.2503

It’s one of those little things that I think really makes the ambience of a game. I think MMO’s require ambience, especially big cities like LA where you tend to ‘hang out’ instead of running around killing things.

The more stuff like this you remove from a game, the flatter the experience gets. Now, of course this is a rather minor thing. GW2 won’t go under without fountain plop noises, but it’s one of those small things that make a game truly endearing.