Just a thought

Just a thought

in Audio

Posted by: darkfiremew.5937

darkfiremew.5937

After seeing the music in Guild Wars 2 live-stream and watching wooden potatoes and matt visual about data-mining, I was left with a burning question: Why don’t the data-mining people make a list of the songs heard in each map and give it to Maclaine? That way he can start doing the adding of new songs to existing maps or shuffling existing ones to fit the setting better. Just a thought.

Just a thought

in Audio

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

I don’t think that’s how datamining works – everything in the .dat isn’t arranged into nice little folders with helpful tags on it, as far as I know it’s literally just a giant jumble of information. It would be very difficult for data-miners to hunt for very specific things like that.

Just a thought

in Audio

darkfiremew.5937

I know it isn’t neatly folded and sorted. That’s why I suggested it. To send the dev the list after the data-miners made the list after they searched the songs on each map. That’s the point. That’s the thought. Data-miners do this thing=devs have more time to do new songs maybe a few more, maybe they get paid with gems so they can buy more stuff on the gem store. Just a thought.

Just a thought

in Audio

FlamingFoxx.1305

You know the dev’s don’t make the songs right? They’re all composed by Jeremy Song.

Just a thought

in Audio

Posted by: HykCraft.4610

HykCraft.4610

You know the dev’s don’t make the songs right? They’re all composed by Jeremy Song.

It’s actually Jeremy Soule. I have no idea where you got Jeremy Song.

Jeremy Soule also composed the Oblivion and Skyrim OST’s… along with a lot others including GW1.

Sorrow’s Furnace US

Just a thought

in Audio

darkfiremew.5937

Jeremy Soule also composed the Oblivion and Skyrim OST’s… along with a lot others including GW1.

Do you know what songs are played on each map you enter at any given time? I know the OST, what the devs and a lot of the player-base don’t know is how they are spread through-out the map and which songs are in that map, every map. For example:“What songs are in Rata Sum? How are they spread?”
I know the 3 guys that make the songs of Guild Wars 2: Jeremy Soule; Maclaine Diemer and Leif Chappelle. That isn’t the point. I don’t know how to make myself clearer.
Maclaine doesn’t know at the point of the live-stream what songs are in every given map. My suggestion is that the data-miners should give him the list so he can start making new songs for the places where there are so few. All of the players have to gain from this. It’s a quality of life thing. It’s just a thought.

Just a thought

in Audio

FlamingFoxx.1305

Yeah it was a temporary lapse in memory >.>
I know it’s Soule, I had music on the mind and my brain for some reason told me to type song. But thank you for correcting me xD.

Just a thought

in Audio

Posted by: Keenan Sieg

Keenan Sieg

Sound Designer

Hello everyone. Just dropping by to relay a message that Maclaine wrote after reading the suggestions in this thread.

“Thanks for your suggestions, and most of all thanks for your concern. We do actually know what music is playing where. I was the one that set up every play list for every map, both in the original release and in all content released since then. I mentioned this in a livestream a couple of months ago, but I’ll reiterate it here. I’m not happy with how the music is used across the game, and I know from reading feedback that neither are players. One thing or another has kept me from overhauling it until this point, but music is my #1 priority for 2014, and what you’re talking about it something I am literally working on right this very moment. I’m going through every single map, from 1-80 for all races, and working on a plan to both redistribute the music in an intelligent manner, as well as figure out where there needs to be more new music. It will take a while for this to roll out, so I ask that folks are patient, but it will be coming at some point in the future.

Thanks again."

Just a thought

in Audio

Posted by: ghost.3208

ghost.3208

Thank you Keenan, take your time Maclaine there’s no rush, knowing it’s being worked on is more than enough to know that it will be updated in the future.

Gliradda – The Lil Death – Too Drunk to Aim
Guerreros de la Ultima Alianza [GDUA]
#TeamKiel #TeamPrecipice

Just a thought

in Audio

Posted by: Ludovicus.7980

Ludovicus.7980

Hello everyone. Just dropping by to relay a message that Maclaine wrote after reading the suggestions in this thread.

“Thanks for your suggestions, and most of all thanks for your concern. We do actually know what music is playing where. I was the one that set up every play list for every map, both in the original release and in all content released since then. I mentioned this in a livestream a couple of months ago, but I’ll reiterate it here. I’m not happy with how the music is used across the game, and I know from reading feedback that neither are players. One thing or another has kept me from overhauling it until this point, but music is my #1 priority for 2014, and what you’re talking about it something I am literally working on right this very moment. I’m going through every single map, from 1-80 for all races, and working on a plan to both redistribute the music in an intelligent manner, as well as figure out where there needs to be more new music. It will take a while for this to roll out, so I ask that folks are patient, but it will be coming at some point in the future.

Thanks again."

Thanks Keenan.

I needed to read that from a red post

I think you and I (and many more) agree that even though the OST is awesome, it lacks some… intelligence of its own. I mean triggers and stuff. I did a sizable list of triggers that I think would be useful just for player customization means. But since you’re going down on this thing you might like to take a look (if you haven’t already).

I’m not so self-centric to believe that you’d implement what I posted but you could get some ideas from there. (https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/audio/Idealistic-Custom-Music-Feature/first#post3488806)

I just want to help improve an already awesome game

The glory of my ancestors shall be restored.

(edited by Ludovicus.7980)

Just a thought

in Audio

darkfiremew.5937

Thanks again."

Thank you for answering my thought. I wasn’t sure if I’ll ever get an answer. I’ve re-watched the live-stream and got the impression that Maclaine needed a list made for each map before he could get to making new songs and shuffling the old ones depending on the situation. I know that this is just a quality of life thing, but it does help. The music that you hear helps you focus when you are trying to get those achievement points, after so many hours spent in-game. That and the gorgeous landscapes.

Thanks again for answering my thought !

Just a thought

in Audio

Posted by: Turtlebear.9136

Turtlebear.9136

Thanks again."

I’m glad Anet realizes this problem and plans to address it. I would like to ask if there is any way to check updates on this? Is there a place where we can see progress updates on this matter? This was one of the major reasons why I couldn’t be immersed in GW2.