Love The New LA Background Music

in Audio

Posted by: Immortal.3647

Immortal.3647

whoever (afaik not jeremy soule but someone else) composed the new theme for LA, its BRILLIANT !!!

if it is the same person/group that also composed the OSTs for bazaar of the four winds and wintersday, ANET, KEEP HIM/THEM, the newer OSTs are as brilliant as the ones by jeremy soule !

(edited by Immortal.3647)

in Audio

Posted by: Kirnale.5914

Kirnale.5914

Whoever the composer was, he is one hell of a genius. Every tone hit where it should, it’s emotional, epic, sad and beautiful. Everything fit’s into the new, rebuilding LA. Don’t ever fire those who created this. This is what I imaged a gw2 music to be. Big compliment from my side, and yeah “Battle On The Breachmaker” was also a great end-boss music.

(edited by Kirnale.5914)

in Audio

Posted by: Shew.6827

Shew.6827

The piece is by Maclaine Diemer and is an arrangement of some GW pieces by Jeremy Soule.

(edited by Shew.6827)

in Audio

Posted by: jokke.6239

jokke.6239

His remakes it’s absolutely amazing.
Use this guy for all new music pls xD
I had a break from gw2 not long ago, and was so glad to hear so much new music in the game when I came back. A lot of the new stuff fits so much better, it creates a great atmoshphere, and I get so much more immersed in the game cause of that 8D

in Audio

Posted by: Lethalvriend.1723

Lethalvriend.1723

I love this soundtrack aswell, I believe Jeremy also did the soundtracks for the elder scrolls if I’m not mistaken. GW2 has one of the best soundtracks in games in my opinion.

in Audio

Posted by: Tanith.5264

Tanith.5264

Someone’s been tweaking this beautiful, piece, I see. Now it has a much fuller, more orchestrated sound.

Tanith Fencewalker, Tanni Mindbender, Thyra Wrathbringer, Lovecraft Thrall
Guardians of the Vault [GotV] and Guíld of Dívíne Soldíers [GoDS]
Gate of Madness server

in Audio

Posted by: Hermes.7014

Hermes.7014

Oh, so I’m not the only one who noticed the new rendition of the track in the last update.
My friends instead haven’t lol. I guess I give much more attention to music than they do.

Whether something is either wrong or right, someone will always complain about it.

in Audio

Posted by: Tanith.5264

Tanith.5264

I wasn’t sure, so I turned down all other game sounds and went to a quiet part of the city. Makes me excited for other “undocumented” changes that may have been introduced. I was too tired last night to do much exploring, but I hope to make up for it today!

Tanith Fencewalker, Tanni Mindbender, Thyra Wrathbringer, Lovecraft Thrall
Guardians of the Vault [GotV] and Guíld of Dívíne Soldíers [GoDS]
Gate of Madness server

in Audio

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Yeah, I entered LA last night and about 5 seconds later I went “… Did they change the music?” XD

Wonder if the Soundcloud track will be also getting updated.

in Audio

Posted by: Vesuvius.9874

Vesuvius.9874

Okay so I wasn’t going crazy. They did change the soundtrack in LA they’re both really beautiful.

in Audio

Posted by: Adelas.6598

Adelas.6598

The funny thing is, I never even noticed the music changing – I’m always so busy talking over it in Mumble.

My [elementary school age] son, though, spent a lot of time in his “hiding place” under the water – the area of the sunken city where they played Sands of Kryta.

He noticed the new song immediately and has mentioned the “sad Lion’s Arch song” several times and I had sort of puzzled over it, assumed they changed the music and never paid attention. When reading this article, I had the soundcloud file playing. Now I know why he likes it so much.

I’m glad the background info got posted today, it was really need to have the themes identified.