Music from the Gates of Arah meta event.

in Audio

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

I’m specifically looking for the name of the music that plays at the point when you start fighting the Champion Risen Giant and keeps going until the High Wizard appears, and then the name of the music during the High Wizard fight. I’ve heard them both in other spots too, but rarely. I’d really like to know the names of these music pieces, as they’re among my favorite in-game music to listen to. Does anyone know?

in Audio

Posted by: Starscream.6498

Starscream.6498

in Audio

Nilkemia.8507

Oh thank you thank you!

Surprised they don’t have names at all like the others..no wonder I couldn’t find them.

in Audio

Posted by: Starscream.6498

Starscream.6498

No problem, glad to help =). I think they might have names but that playlist just has them numbered instead.

in Audio

Posted by: Marge.4035

Marge.4035

They have names
Track 88 is “A Storm is Comming”, Track 47 is “Kathandrax” from Guild Wars: Eye of the North.

No, No, No! Mummified flesh on the left! Dried bones on the right!

in Audio

Nilkemia.8507

So are they both from Eye of the North or just the second one?

in Audio

Marge.4035

Both.

15chars

in Audio

Nilkemia.8507

Oooh, thanks.

Explains why I had so much trouble finding. them. Feels ironic to me that I never played the first Guild Wars, yet music from there is among my favorite to listen to.

in Audio

Marge.4035

I agree. All campaigns had unique OSTs, but EotN was exceptional. The battle themes were also more “responsive” when you engaged a fight with larger enemy groups (this was implemented with Nightfall), so the maps felt more dynamic.

I don’t think we get to hear “The Scrying Pool” or “Iron Footfalls” in GW2, so I recommend to check out whole EotN soundtrack. :]