Music livestream with Leif Chappelle and Maclaine Diemer

in Audio

Posted by: RubiBayer

RubiBayer

Content Marketing Manager

Next

Our regular Friday livestream on http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2 will feature Leif and Maclaine this week, and we thought we’d give you all a chance to ask them some questions!

The livestream is scheduled for 12:00 PM PDT this Friday, the 18th. The guys will be talking about their musical backgrounds as well as music in Guild Wars 2 (including the SAB music) and their plans for next year.

Do you have something you’d like to ask? Post your question here and we’ll gather a few for Leif and Maclaine to answer live on Friday.

in Audio

Posted by: Lithril Ashwalker.6230

Lithril Ashwalker.6230

Can we get tablatures for the songs for SAB metal version? like on Ultimate Guitar? some of us want to play as well!

in Audio

Posted by: Levitating Cat.8623

Levitating Cat.8623

Tablatures are easy to figure out. Scores of the most popular soundtrack pieces would be awesome! Any chance?

“You are all weaklings!”

in Audio

Lithril Ashwalker.6230

Tablatures are easy to figure out. Scores of the most popular soundtrack pieces would be awesome! Any chance?

some cannot find out by ear -_-

in Audio

Posted by: DragunityDux.5302

DragunityDux.5302

will there be a halloween outfit?

in Audio

Lithril Ashwalker.6230

will there be a halloween outfit?

wrong thread dude…its about music !

in Audio

Posted by: Wirinus Satinus.8246

Wirinus Satinus.8246

Hello ,is there any way to remove NPC dialog in Lion Arch ,instead add one street performer who would read about lore in game or read all that short stories that u have and that are not in game ?
This way a lot of players in LA would have reason to keep their headphones on to hear something interesting , and not listen for dude who likes to live in sewers and dude who is trying to score swampweed all the time . I think this would be easy to incorporate ,because you would need one narrator .Sorry not the music question ,but close enaf …btw love the music

(edited by Wirinus Satinus.8246)

in Audio

Posted by: Chellae.8401

Chellae.8401

What has it been like to have to “take over” from someone like Jeremy Soule, and are you happy with the results so far? PS: I love all the music you’ve done since launch, especially the Bazaar of the Four Winds music. Keep it up!

in Audio

Posted by: Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Will there be more music involving emotion?

I just recently made custom playlists that contain music from the Witcher series and it has really improved my experience with the game. The current default music all sounds the same and sound more like jingles than actual songs.

in Audio

Posted by: Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Chewablesleeptablet.3185

in Audio

Chellae.8401

Loved the livestream guys, thanks a bunch. Now, I think Rubi passed it on to them, but one of the questions they answered that I asked was about a certain piece from an old trailer that didn’t make it into the game, and it played in an old trailer from the Grove.

I’m absolutely positive it’s not in the game because I’ve been playing since launch and spent a -lot- of time in the grove and Maguuma areas (sylvari maps), and well, done just about all of the sylvari personal story stuff. I’ll just post it here so you can get to it easily.

Thanks again for the livestream! I’m big into soundtracks so I really appreciated it.

EDIT: This is the trailer where it played. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaDMXFb4dh8

(edited by Chellae.8401)

in Audio

Posted by: LeifChappelle.4069

Previous

LeifChappelle.4069

Designer

Thank you guys for tuning in! We had a lot of fun.

Regarding that sylvari trailer track, that’s actually the one track Maclaine mentioned that isn’t in the game. We’ll get it in as soon as he starts updating the maps!

(edited by LeifChappelle.4069)

in Audio

Posted by: DusK.3849

DusK.3849

Can we get tablatures for the songs for SAB metal version? like on Ultimate Guitar? some of us want to play as well!

Heyo, I’m the guy who did those covers.

I actually don’t tab any of my tracks, but the SAB covers are really not all that hard to figure out. All of the songs are played in drop-C. Mostly power chords for the rhythm sections, and I’m definitely not the world’s greatest lead guitarist either. xD I generally followed the original tracks pretty closely, so if you have a hard time figuring out my versions by ear, going back to the originals might help.

Like rock and metal remixes of video game music? Check out my site and get your headbang on!
Also, check out Hardcore Adventure Box: World 1, World 2, Lost Sessions
Main Character: Dathius Eventide | Say “hi” to the Tribulation Clouds for me. :)

(edited by DusK.3849)

in Audio

Chellae.8401

Thank you guys for tuning in! We had a lot of fun.

Regarding that sylvari trailer track, that’s actually the one track Maclaine mentioned that isn’t in the game. We’ll get it in as soon as he starts updating the maps!

Aah, alright! Cheers <3

in Audio

Posted by: maestrochino.7104

maestrochino.7104

Can you tell me the name of the music in the twilight aetherpath dungeon?

Jade Quarry
Eternity, The Juggernaut, Kudzu…

in Audio

Posted by: Orochimaru.3485

Orochimaru.3485

Loved the livestream this week. I appreciate what you guys do a lot, Guild Wars 2 is both beautiful to look at and even more exciting to listen to. The music is my favorite aspect about the game. So thank you and all that are involved with the making of the music!

in Audio

Posted by: daylightdies.4738

daylightdies.4738

This was a great livestream! I really appreciate the work that goes into the audio in this game. I would enjoy seeing another livestream like this and staying up to date on the projects you both mentioned. Thank you!

in Audio

Posted by: EmilyAnn.7219

EmilyAnn.7219

This was definitely my favorite livestream so far. Can we have another one closer to Wintersday going over the songs in the JP and the Tixx dungeon?

in Audio

Posted by: knyy.6427

knyy.6427

It was an awesome stream, thank you so much. And keep the good work going, great songs from you guys.

(edited by knyy.6427)

in Audio

Posted by: RoyHarmon.5398

RoyHarmon.5398

I had downloaded the video and finally watched it last night. That was so cool!

Just a couple of comments from me:

1. Way to go on the Eye of Zhaitan fight, that was extremely well done! I completed my personal story about a year ago, at least, and I still remember that battle as one of the most epic moments I’ve experienced in the game. The music on that one made it feel like it was probably the most pivotal moment in the history of Tyria— and I was there when the Titans, Shiro, Abaddon, and the Great Destroyer fell. Well, those were cool, too, but the biggest difference on this one was the audio, which is the whole point I’m trying to make. It truly set this encounter apart.
  2. I’d be interested in starting a new thread in which I offer some suggestions for the map music revamp… Like a list of tracks that could be used on various maps, or a list of maps that could use certain tracks. So before I start, I wanted to ask: what restrictions do you have on using various GW music tracks? For example, are you limited to just the GW2 OST and the Guild Wars Special Edition Soundtrack, or can you use Battle Pak One, the Factions or Nightfall OST, or the Factions/Nightfall Collector’s Edition tracks? Because I have all of them and would definitely enjoy an opportunity to bring them back to GW2.
  3. At launch, I commented that some of the GW1 tracks felt out of place in GW2. Now I’ve changed my mind. They just bring back memories. Thanks for those moments of nostalgia.

I think that’s all I can remember for now.

“It is the stupidest children who are the most childish
and the stupidest grown-ups who are the most grown-up.”
- C. S. Lewis