Musical System Awesome Requests

in Audio

Posted by: mahri.8410

mahri.8410

Hi. I have some requests that could be implemented in the current music system.

1. Lower Latency

A lower latency means better music controll. The current system is not good enough for band play.

2. Add sharps

The current musical greatest limitation is that you cannot play sharps. Here is how could they be implemented: when you play, if you hit a note it sounds normal. When you hold Ctrl and hit the same key, the note pitch raises with a semitone.

3. Add abc files support
Abc system allows players to play their own tabs. They create a tab in notpad, place it in a Guild Wars 2 folder, and, with an instrument equiped, if players write in chat /thesongname, their character plays automaticly that tab.

4. Multiple notes at a time
Currently, players can play a single not at a time. They can’t play more, to create chords.

5. More instruments with chords

I would like to see more instruments with chords, such as mandolins, guitars etc.

Here are some players in LOTRO, playing in the same time. I would like that these kind of bands to be possible in GW2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&v=MfKSVJIcDK0

And here is how their system works. Mabie gw2 system could be updated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&v=XP9sI5Q-m8s

(edited by mahri.8410)

in Audio

Posted by: lioka qiao.8734

lioka qiao.8734

You can do chords on a harp if you roll your fingers across the keys for it.

I wouldn’t mind at least the ability to tune my instrument to different keys. Flute and Trumpet are in E major while Harp is stuck in C major. I can’t play with anyone that way!

Little red Lioka

in Audio

mahri.8410

Got another idea about sharps implementation, more plausibile for the Guild Wars 2 current system:
When you play an instrument, F1 , F2 , F3, F4 keys become active. If you press F1, the next note you play on 1-8 keys goes sharp. If you press F2, the next two notes you play become sharp. If you press F3, the next 3 notes you play become sharp. And, finaly, if you press F4, the next 4 notes you play become sharp. What do you think? Is this mechanic suitable for the current game?

in Audio

mahri.8410

Or…
F1- lower next note with a semitone
F2- rise next note with a semitone
F3- lower next two notes with a semitone
F4- rise next two notes with a semitone

Icons
F1 – <
F2 – >
F3 – «
F4 – »

What do you think ? <>«»

in Audio

Posted by: lioka qiao.8734

lioka qiao.8734

That would work for accidentals but not for changing keys. If I played in key of E i’d have to work to keep the F# and G# in check. Most John Williams music would be doable in this system though (he likes the accidentals).

I’d want to get a new keybinding when I activate an instrument that goes like this:

1 – C
F2 – C#
2- D
F3 – D#
3 – E
4 – xF (edit… filter pwned. Really what does 4-f sets it off?)
F5 – F#
5- G
F6 -G#
6- A
F7 – A#
7 -B
8 – C

9 – shift one octave lower /return to middle octave on low scale
0 – shift one octave higher /return to middle octave on high scale

Music keybindings should be adjustable too so that you can map the black keys to the correct spot on your number strip or to remap the white keys on the numbers.

The return to middle octave on 9 and 0 works like this: If the instrument is on the middle octave these keys shift up or down (9 for down, 0 for up). If the instrument is on the high octave 0 will return to the middle octave. If the instrument is on the low ocatave 9 returns to the middle octave. This octave shifting mechanism would allow me to easily play the high or low range of the instrument.
The opening theme for Star Wars for example goes like this:
D D D G (high) D C B A G D
on the harp I can play that as
2 2 2 5 (high) 2 (mid) 8 7 6 (high) 5 2 (mid) 8 7 6 (high) 5 2 (mid) 8 7 8 6

On the flute its easy because there is one button to change the octave and it alternates the octave. On other instruments I have to use two buttons to shift up and down. It’s a higher learning curve that I don’t want to put up with. Also because theme is in key of G in the sheet music I have for it there is an F# that should map to key 4 that I can’t play, hence why I want F5 mapped to F#.

As far as the octaves themselves: there should be 3 octaves on every instrument (maybe not the flute as it shouldn’t go that low):
Low – C2 to C3
mid- C3 to C4
high- C4 to C5

C3 is middle C on the sheet music. Thus any piano sheet music would be playable in GW2 on any instrument.

Little red Lioka