Must play GW2 with Music

Must play GW2 with Music

in Audio

Posted by: FluffyDoe.7539

FluffyDoe.7539

I have to admit that playing with and without the BG Music makes a huge difference in game-play experience in GW2. This has never occurred to until today when I heard some nice music playing faintly in the background and I wanted to hear it louder so I turned it up equal to the other volumes in the settings. I realized that afterwards I was much more submerged in the world than before. I encourage everyone to try it, playing GW2 with all the sound effects “equal in volume”. When one type of sound (either effect, music, voices, etc) stands out more than the others, it shatters that fluidity of calmness & peacefulness that we experience playing GW2,

Must play GW2 with Music

in Audio

Posted by: Rise.9702

Rise.9702

I rarely ever hear the music, even when I make the music repeat quicker but when it does play it is pretty nice to listen to lol.

You sir are a Scholar and Gentlekitten.

Must play GW2 with Music

in Audio

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

There have been times where ive just wanted chill out and listen to the music in guild wars and guildwars 2 . Its an epic soundtrack for an epic game

Must play GW2 with Music

in Audio

Posted by: Sylent.8271

Sylent.8271

I love the music in this game, just wish I could get it playing all the time in the background instead of fading in and out = \ I’ve got the frequency slider on the shortest time between plays, but I still seem to get a fair bit of no-music time. Oh well = ] Adine said it right, epic music for an epic game.

Must play GW2 with Music

in Audio

Posted by: RaZaC.1963

RaZaC.1963

The music stops way to often, which is a pity since its an absolute master peace. It’s like skyrim, cant listen to any other music while playing that game either it just removes from the experience.

This might change in the future tho when i’ve played the game “to” much ;P

Must play GW2 with Music

in Audio

Posted by: Esoteric Rogue.7651

Esoteric Rogue.7651

I shut the music off as soon as I found the option, which was rather quick because it was the first thing I looked for. I generally dislike background music, because (to use the gamer’s cry) it breaks immersion. If there’s not an npc with a horn, I better not hear a trumpet.

To each his own, I guess. Although, unlike most options that allow us to experience the game in a personalized way, I fear they spend to many resources creating music that many of us will never bother to listen to. Nothing to do about that tho. It’s easier to critque music than gameplay, hence having good music will get your whole game at least a 3 out of 5 rating

Must play GW2 with Music

in Audio

Posted by: gurugeorge.9857

gurugeorge.9857

In contrast, I NEVER turn music off in games, and the quality of music is a big decider for me on whether I like a game, as immersion and atmosphere mean a lot to me, and immersion for me includes appropriate music (like in a film).

e.g. when I think of “moments” in a game like GW2, it’s things like cresting a ridge and coming across a new vista just as a particularly strong piece of music hits – little moments like that mean a lot to me while I’m heavily into the “role”.

The music in GW2 is perhaps not Soule’s best work, but it’s certainly fitting and usually atmospherically proper.