My Own Characters Stopped Combat Vocalizing

in Audio

Posted by: Dimglow.5489

Dimglow.5489

My own character never vocalizes during combat anymore. I never hear “Feeling mighty!” or “Not the leg…” or “Exhilirating!” or “Going hypothermic!” any of those kinds of voice overs at all. Not a single buff, debuff or health trigger seems to cause them to go off any more.

How do I fix this? I really miss them. I can’t find any options I may have broken.

in Audio

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

Funny enough, I was wondering if there was a way to turn them off. Sometimes they get on my nerves!

in Audio

Dimglow.5489

Should I post in tech support on this?
My character doesn’t even do the “I need healing!” or ANYTHING anymore. No matter what race/sex/class combo I use I can’t get a single voiceover.
Warrior shouts don’t work.
Necro minion comments don’t work.
Elemental attunement announcements don’t work.
Nothing works.
But they work just fine from other players.
My sound sliders are all 75% or higher.
Please help me out here.

in Audio

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

Yeah, I’d certainly say contact support. Theres a bug reporting forum here on the boards:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs

in Audio

Posted by: Zeneth.3906

Zeneth.3906

im now having the same issue and its annoying,been happening since yesterday,after a small update,weather that’s the cause i dont know,but hope they fix issue soon,i was wondering if reinstalling software would help?

in Audio

Dimglow.5489

I tried posting in the bugs forum and got nothing:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Player-Character-Vocals-Not-Playing/first#post1562868

I have now tried:
Deleting local.dat (GW2 auto-rebuilt this, no fix.)
Deleting GW2.dat (GW2 redownloaded this, no fix.)
Deleting GW2.exe (Downloaded a new exe from website, no fix.)
I have done every possible manipulation to in game audio sliders to no effect.

This is a serious issue as far as I am concerned. I do not feel involved in combat and the feedback I receive is weak at best. I feel disconnected.

And now I am not the only one.

Where else does GW2 store settings? There has to be an easy fix for this.

in Audio

Dimglow.5489

Just adding that a full uninstall, reboot, reinstall also does not fix this.

I’ve scanned the registry and can’t find any entries for GW2.

I can only assume that GW2 is storing my settings configuration on their server as my hotkeys and graphics settings are maintaining through fresh installs.

I’ve got nothing left but to submit a support ticket.

in Audio

Posted by: roachsrealm.9284

roachsrealm.9284

how did you get this to happen and can you tell me how? I’ve been wanting this since beta!

Smitten Mittens (The Gothic Embrace [Goth], Fort Aspenwood)

in Audio

Dimglow.5489

I’ve finally managed to resolve this.
I tracked the problem down to a hardware interaction with my logitech 5.1 speaker system.
A combination of factors was causing all output destined for the central channel to be replaced by a composite from the side speakers.
Turns out all the information for character vocalization is central speaker only I guess.

in Audio

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

I have only just over a month or 2 ago started using my Guardian and Warrior and have noticed that I have this issue as well. It seems to be that if I do use a shout I can sometimes hear it very very low and it sounds wierd. But apart from that the other problem I have is that if I use a shout near other players it will instead have THEM say what I should.

TBH I think it’s a soundcard/Graphic card issue. My graphics card is up to date and so is my sound card so I have no idea why this happens…

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

in Audio

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

I’ve finally managed to resolve this.
I tracked the problem down to a hardware interaction with my logitech 5.1 speaker system.
A combination of factors was causing all output destined for the central channel to be replaced by a composite from the side speakers.
Turns out all the information for character vocalization is central speaker only I guess.

Well heck good work on this, now can you tell me how exactly I can check my setup for the same problem lol?

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?