Name of this Song In-Game Please Help

in Audio

Posted by: maniamsmart.7981

maniamsmart.7981

Q:

In the personal story quest ‘Retribution’, at the end of the quest there is a cutscene and there is music playing, I need to know the name of that song, it’s so relaxing and beautiful.

The song can be heard around the 17:05 mark in this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnF8sRRi3Hw

in Audio

Posted by: Cerbeius.7129

Cerbeius.7129

Been searching through the OST’s of GW1 and GW2 + their soundcloud page and I haven’t found it.

It could be something unreleased.

Lady Cerba, Ascalonian Priestess of Grenth

- Piken Square, [REN][DKAL]

in Audio

maniamsmart.7981

Yeah, I looked in a lot of places too. You may be right, perhaps it hasn’t been released. But I heard that same song when I was fighting the Sovereign Eye of Zhaitan at the end of the quest ‘Source of Orr’, so that’s two places I’ve heard it now. Maybe someone else knows, I am hoping for more answers from any GW music lovers.

in Audio

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

I’m going to turn to our composer, Maclaine, to see if he might be able to identify that piece. He’s super busy, but if he has time to post, I think he’ll let us know if he can provide the title. Thanks for asking.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

in Audio

maniamsmart.7981

I’m going to turn to our composer, Maclaine, to see if he might be able to identify that piece. He’s super busy, but if he has time to post, I think he’ll let us know if he can provide the title. Thanks for asking.

Wow, thanks Gaile! I am surprised I actually got a response from an official staff member, rarely do I see something like that on any game forums. Keep up the good work, and I’ll be eager to hear back to get the name of that song. I heard it once again in one of the last story missions as well, just beautiful.

in Audio

Posted by: Maclaine Diemer

Previous

Maclaine Diemer

Composer

Hi, manimsmart. So, as it turns out, that piece is not included in the soundtrack compilation sold by Direct Song. That’s something we have no control over, unfortunately.

It’s part of a small collection of music that we categorized as “cinematic”. The idea was that, during the limited cinematics where characters talk with each other (like in the video you linked), there would be a selection of pieces that designers could choose to loop beneath the dialogue in order to set the mood. Not every designer took advantage of them, and since we no longer do limited cinematics in any of the content post-launch, they don’t get heard much.

I’m not sure what our options are as far as posting that stuff on Soundcloud, but I will look into it. Please understand that I make no guarantees that we’ll be able to release it.

in Audio

Posted by: Vikkela.7261

Vikkela.7261

This is not the only thread which (spelled like this? had a few beers) admirers of said song, https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/audio/Would-anyone-happen-to-know-the-song-at-the-end-of-the-Unholy-Ground-Quest/first#post4495713

I understand there might be some legal issues within the company restricting You from just releasing the song, and other audio, but I think many of the unreleased files might have a bigger fanbase than You think of now

9 Guardians later…

in Audio

maniamsmart.7981

Hi, manimsmart. So, as it turns out, that piece is not included in the soundtrack compilation sold by Direct Song. That’s something we have no control over, unfortunately.

It’s part of a small collection of music that we categorized as “cinematic”. The idea was that, during the limited cinematics where characters talk with each other (like in the video you linked), there would be a selection of pieces that designers could choose to loop beneath the dialogue in order to set the mood. Not every designer took advantage of them, and since we no longer do limited cinematics in any of the content post-launch, they don’t get heard much.

I’m not sure what our options are as far as posting that stuff on Soundcloud, but I will look into it. Please understand that I make no guarantees that we’ll be able to release it.

Thank you for your response, if you happen to get it on SoundCloud please let me know.

@Vikkela.7261, yeah I see it, and the person didn’t even bother to leave the song name after he claimed to have found it

in Audio

Posted by: Davey.7029

Davey.7029

Such a wonderful music! I would also like to know the name of it :-(