Necro staff too loud

Necro staff too loud

in Audio

Posted by: Purplesilver.5409

Purplesilver.5409

Like the title says.
Seriousley, the sound effect is cool and all that, but for a pretty fast basicattack it´s gonna put me in a straitjacket..

Necro staff too loud

in Audio

Posted by: knh.9378

knh.9378

agree. lots of sound effects are way too loud. necro staff 1 being the loudest.

Necro staff too loud

in Audio

Posted by: Oranisagu.3706

Oranisagu.3706

that’s one reason I switched to scepter/dagger and dagger/focus ;-)

but the staff is only the beginning. most necro weaponskills have a very deep sound with lots of bass. sounds cool the first few times, after a while you just get annoyed when you switch classes to necro and have to nearly mute the volume so the table doesn’t vibrate as much.

Necro staff too loud

in Audio

Posted by: karhima.7681

karhima.7681

turning down the volume when playing necro. pls, adjust.

Necro staff too loud

in Audio

Posted by: Rage.4693

Rage.4693

I don’t mind the volume just the sound itself is just…a gigantic nusanse.
the staff primary attack sounds like a demented howling dog.

UUUUNNNKGH! UUUUUNKGH! UUUUNNNKGH! UUUUUNKGH!

just a simple sound effect of dark energy would be more then enough.

Necro staff too loud

in Audio

Posted by: Miss Pink Floyd.9730

Miss Pink Floyd.9730

There are a lot of weapon sounds that I do not like, many of them are far worse than the chainsaw which they recently nerfed. People should have the option of setting the desired loudness of weapons, that way, I can enjoy my chainsaw once again, and lower the volume on the ones that I do not like.
People will never come to a happy medium on sounds and volume levels, we need to set this ourselves, please!

Necro staff too loud

in Audio

Posted by: DamDam.9746

DamDam.9746

I don’t mind the volume just the sound itself is just…a gigantic nusanse.
the staff primary attack sounds like a demented howling dog.

UUUUNNNKGH! UUUUUNKGH! UUUUNNNKGH! UUUUUNKGH!

just a simple sound effect of dark energy would be more then enough.

That. The sound sample itself is really annoying. I usually make the 4 aoes then switch scepter right after this, just to avoid the staff 1 sound.

When some boss doesn’t allow necro to be close range, it’s like “ouch (my ears)… ouch… ouch… ouch…”, nearly making crazy to the point i could start counting each staff 1 skill.

Necro staff too loud

in Audio

Posted by: Nocturnal.9584

Nocturnal.9584

I personally liked the deeper necro staff sounds, seems now that sound is gone completely from Necrotic Grasp?

Necro staff too loud

in Audio

Posted by: Miss Pink Floyd.9730

Miss Pink Floyd.9730

The necro staff sounds are now pretty much dull and strange, The old was much better, however it was just too loud. We need to petition for either stand alone audio files, or a volume slider for weapons, so everyone can be happy!

Necro staff too loud

in Audio

Posted by: Funky.4861

Funky.4861

I loved staff #1 sound. It’s so distinctive and evocative, like something is moving through the air. I thought something was missing from my necro when i recently acquired Final Rest and took up staff again. The marks barely have any sound so most of the character of the staff was on Necrotic Grasp- Bring it Back

Necro staff too loud

in Audio

Posted by: Nocturnal.9584

Nocturnal.9584

I loved staff #1 sound. It’s so distinctive and evocative, like something is moving through the air. I thought something was missing from my necro when i recently acquired Final Rest and took up staff again. The marks barely have any sound so most of the character of the staff was on Necrotic Grasp- Bring it Back

This, please!

The Necromancer already has been “lightened” up since GW1 I feel. It needs to retain some the “darker” elements to the class. The SFX is one of them.

Necro staff too loud

in Audio

Posted by: DamDam.9746

DamDam.9746

I loved staff #1 sound. It’s so distinctive and evocative, like something is moving through the air.

Players around you didn’t.

But i agree with you at some point : while i really prefer the new staff #1 sound, i think it’s a shame the staff marks’ sounds have been edited to something barely audible. ^^
These were better before, and were kind of parts of the Necromancer’s nature.

Just that the staff #1 sound was hurting ears, and the edit is actually welcome (for this part only).