No audio for any voice other than English?

in Audio

Posted by: Riot.5210

Riot.5210

So, I decided that I was going to switch my audio to French just to see what it was like, and I speak a bit of it, but I was surprised to find that there was simply no audio at all. Subtitles scrolled through the cinematic, but it is as if were muted. Switched back to English and the voices worked fine.

Is there a reason for this? Why offer the option of non-English audio if there is no audio to begin with?

° Illusionist Alaeis – Mesmer | Meryl Winterfell – Guardian | Meryl Tonberry – Elementalist
° Stormbluff Isle

in Audio

Posted by: Farming Flats.5370

Farming Flats.5370

if i remember correctly the last time i switched to French , only the cinematics was translated in audio french .. in towns all the NPC don’t talk ….

if you switch to french , before restarting the game check the game archive maybe you have to download more stuff. But yes there is French audio in the game.

in Audio

Posted by: Cody Crichton.7516

Cody Crichton.7516

Sound Designer

Have you tried restarting your client after switching the Audio language? The launcher has to download the audio files for the new language you’re switching to, and it will default to English until that has been done.

All dialogue VO in the game will then be transitioned to the new language (Both French and German are supported), and this will not just limit to the cinematics.

in Audio

Posted by: golantrevize.2394

golantrevize.2394

I wonder why there isn’t Spanish audio, when there are more than 420 million native speakers.

Varda Elentàri || D/D DPS ele || Baruch Bay [SoC]