Pirate rune users: have you ever heard yourself shout "yarr"?

in Audio

Posted by: CaveSalamander.9150

CaveSalamander.9150

Because I haven’t.
I’ve had pirate runes (major &superior) for like a month now and I’m beginning to suspect either the “Yarr!” doesn’t exist for female sylvari (aka it just gives you the might boon with the standard comment) or the rune is bugged.

It’s a shame, since that tooltip alone decided wich MF runes I took :P

My quest is to find the dorito.

in Audio

Posted by: Slay For Bank.5462

Slay For Bank.5462

I was using pirate runes on my MF set before I started using a combination of Pirate/Traveller/Noble runes (which gives more MF, I would recommend this), and all I ever heard my ranger shout was “For Great Justice!”. I wonder if it is bugged for the other races too?

Haven Community [HC]

in Audio

Posted by: Venirto.4208

Venirto.4208

My thief also tends to shout “For Great Justice!” randomly when Im running with my pirate runes. Even when I don’t get any boons…

in Audio

Posted by: Setis.4390

Setis.4390

My human male warrior with Pirate runes also shouts “For Great Justice!” instead of “Yarrr!” when it procs. Which is really awkward when I also actually use “For Great Justice!” either right before or after….

Setis X – 80 guardian/thief/warrior/mesmer
IceClan – Blackgate

in Audio

Posted by: Slacker.2679

Slacker.2679

Nope… kind of disappointing too, since it’s half the reason I chose Pirate runes over others. And on top of that, the “parrot” is really a tropical bird.

I want to be a pirate kitten ! And while you’re at it please add an eye patch skin

(On a related note pirate kittens would be awesome nonetheless.)

in Audio

Posted by: Tamlane.3409

Tamlane.3409

I find this extra weird because there is definitely a “Yarr!” voice clip packed in with the pirate town clothes. (At least for human females….)

in Audio

Posted by: Bean.1247

Bean.1247

Female Asura warrior…For great justice here too
Rather disappointing tbh was looking forward to hearing it.

Sleep is a sign of caffeine deprivation !

in Audio

Posted by: the moidart.3612

the moidart.3612

They need to bring back the VA’s and record a YARR for every race/gender! And fix some of those storyline performances…

in Audio

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

I got Sup runes of the Pirate, and I’ve not heard the Yarr yet either. Definitely a bug because I get “FGJ” as well, but what bugs me most of all is that stupid parrot that summons at 5% chance if you’re hit. Might be great for combat situations but when you’re running from agro the bird is still fighting and ‘attaches’ you to that agro, slowing you down. Most annoying. The obvious thing to do would be get another rune in place of that 6th Pirate rune, but this is an MF set and I really don’t want to do that.

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”