Unable to hear own character in game - is this a bug or ...

in Audio

Posted by: goldenwing.8473

goldenwing.8473

working as intended?

After BWE2, neither my husband nor I (on separate PCs), could hear our own characters. Assumed it was a change and didn’t think anything of it, until playing online with both of our in-college kids over the weekend, when one of them commented, “love how your character always says …….. whenever she ……..”

And I replied, “really? I’ve never heard that.”

Astonished reponses from them: “What? You don’t hear your own character? We do, all the time.”

Nope, not for emotes like /cry or /laugh or any of the random shout outs. I hear other characters all the time, including my husband’s characters “refreshing”, “fast as the wind”, “fury rising”, “outrun a centaur”, even the humming the human male does when dancing.

Checked, double-checked, rechecked audio settings multiple times.

All sounds except my own character. Ditto for my husband.

Is it possible we have a corrupt download from past BWE2 and just need to redownload the whole game?

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

in Audio

Posted by: Termartal.8149

Termartal.8149

i wish i was in your situation… my necromancer sound effects are slowly making me insane. those horrible effects are so irritable to me…. ugh…. i wish i could turn it off….

in Audio

Posted by: skoskavf.9658

skoskavf.9658

I have the same problem. Did you get any progress with the issue?