Updated Halloween Music?

Updated Halloween Music?

in Audio

Posted by: Valentine.6529

Valentine.6529

Does the Halloween song that plays in Lions Arch seem updated to anyone? Like the instruments used in it sound a lot crisper?

Updated Halloween Music?

in Audio

Posted by: Cerbeius.7129

Cerbeius.7129

Lady Cerba, Ascalonian Priestess of Grenth

- Piken Square, [REN][DKAL]

Updated Halloween Music?

in Audio

Valentine.6529

I dont think it is though. I know this version of it but if I remember they said they were going to use live orchestra for new music used in living story from now on. It sounds to me like they recorded a new version of this song with live instruments.

Updated Halloween Music?

in Audio

Cerbeius.7129

Aha, maybe they will put it on their Soundcloud in the near future!

Updated Halloween Music?

in Audio

Valentine.6529

Aha, maybe they will put it on their Soundcloud in the near future!

Found it, it was posted to the soundcloud 1 day ago!
https://soundcloud.com/arenanet/the-lunatic-court-live

Its even better!

Updated Halloween Music?

in Audio

Cerbeius.7129

Thanks for letting us know!

Mmm, now I can hear the differences between the versions. This one really sounds much better!

Updated Halloween Music?

in Audio

Posted by: Keenan Sieg

Keenan Sieg

Sound Designer

Next

Sorry for the late reply, but yes, we updated two pieces of the Halloween music this year with live recordings. I believe Maclaine improved quite a few things in the composition and arrangement as well. Glad you’re all enjoying them!

Updated Halloween Music?

in Audio

Valentine.6529

Sorry for the late reply, but yes, we updated two pieces of the Halloween music this year with live recordings. I believe Maclaine improved quite a few things in the composition and arrangement as well. Glad you’re all enjoying them!

I absolutely love the updated version! You said there was two updated songs for Halloween, is the other one the clocktower? If it is, I haven’t found it on the soundcloud yet! Also could there be anyway you could post the list of songs used in LA for Halloween?

(edited by Valentine.6529)

Updated Halloween Music?

in Audio

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Any link to the updated 2nd track, Keenan? Unfortunately I couldn’t find a way to search for it on Soundcloud.

Updated Halloween Music?

in Audio

Posted by: Maclaine Diemer

Previous

Maclaine Diemer

Composer

We did indeed update the Halloween music in our last recording sessions, but only two of the pieces. We released the second on today on Soundcloud:

https://soundcloud.com/arenanet/halloween-in-tyria-live

I thought about redoing the Clocktower, but since a lot of it is just sound effects stuff, and the timing is very specific to the length of the puzzle, I figured it was easier to leave it as is, at least for now.

Updated Halloween Music?

in Audio

Valentine.6529

We did indeed update the Halloween music in our last recording sessions, but only two of the pieces. We released the second on today on Soundcloud:

I thought about redoing the Clocktower, but since a lot of it is just sound effects stuff, and the timing is very specific to the length of the puzzle, I figured it was easier to leave it as is, at least for now.

You are wonderful! Thank you so much! Love the updated pieces!

Updated Halloween Music?

in Audio

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I’m OK with leaving the Clocktower music as it is. It’s awesome right now anyway.