Voice talent generally not so… talented?

in Audio

Posted by: GreyInsomniak.1328

GreyInsomniak.1328

The voice actors themselves, are fantastic: Nolan North, Steve Blum, Jennifer Hale…. Honestly, I think those three just need to take a break (I’m getting all my bad***’s confused from various games cuz they’re all starting to sound alike). However, in these 2-person dialogues, I feel like their performance lacks direction or context. Even the animations of the characters during these cut-scenes seem kinda lifeless. This is one area where Anet should have taken a leaf out of Bioware’s book. Their quality of voice acting set a really high bar for the gaming industry, and Guild Wars 2 doesn’t quite reach it.

(edited by GreyInsomniak.1328)

in Audio

Posted by: hypnotika.4958

hypnotika.4958

They have some big Anime names in that VO list. From Steve Blum (Spike, Cowboy BeBop) and Liam O’Brien (Ukitake, Bleach), to Matt Mercer (Kai, Akira) and Troy Baker (Archer, FMA). I agree with GreyInsomniak though; some of these actors need to take a break – Their voices, from other projects, are starting to bleed together.

Personally, a great list of VOA’s.

Words are cheap; blood is costly

in Audio

Posted by: Omega.4950

Omega.4950

So much Felicia Day hate. Ironically, she’s actually one of the better VAs.

Order Of The Mists [OOM]
http://mists.cadimus.net

in Audio

Posted by: Strill.2591

Strill.2591

The two-person backdrop made no difference to me. It was all in the direction and context. For example, in the scene where you have to inform a female Asura that her husband was killed in action, she barely sounds bothered at all. It’s incredibly disconcerting to see what’s supposed to be a very dramatic moment played with so little emotion.

in Audio

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

The voice actors that stand out in my opinion are Zojja and Tybalt, which I consider both to be amazing. I really hate trahearne and overall the fake british/english accent sylvaris have.

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

in Audio

Posted by: Bread.7516

Bread.7516

All i have to say here is that female norn voice is terrible,; it sounds forced and unnatural. i turned my game audio into french instead, they sound better.

in Audio

Posted by: Ice.5162

Ice.5162

I am generally very satisfied with the voice acting, probably because playing GW2 for the first time I was not used to it.

The ONLY voice that I don’t like are the Harpies… I mean I KNOW that they’re SUPPOSED to be annoying… BUT JESUS I WANT TO RIP MY HAIR OUT EVERY TIME I HEAR ‘FLOCK TO MEEEEEEEEEE’… OH..GOD.

in Audio

Posted by: sorrow.2364

sorrow.2364

Voice over is quite good in my opinion, there are also some secondary characters who are really amazingly nice voice acted but… Trahearne? Why is Trahearne, one of the main character of all the storylines which all players should hear for at least half the story, acted so bad? Really, it looks like a robot! All the most intense moments were spoilt by the total lack of feelings of Trahearne, it looked like everything happens doesn’t matter to him and it is quite disappointing since the storyline is fantastic.

If only he had a better interpretation, I think I would have enjoyed the story way more.