120 sec cooldown for 6 sec boon = balance?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Rasalhague.8270

Rasalhague.8270

Thats Guardian Sanctuary.

80 second cooldown for 10 second duration boon = balance?
Thats Guardian Hallowed Ground…

Almost all Guardian cooldowns are higher than 40 seconds.

Meanwhile thief can step in and out of combat every 3 seconds.

PS : I have 8 character slots, I play all professions.

Attachments:

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Wyrden.4713

Wyrden.4713

i can clearly see 996 ap :0

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

in Profession Balance

Posted by: shadowpass.4236

shadowpass.4236

and all characters look like they are below lvl 20.

lol. blacking out like everything didn’t help.

I was a power ranger before it was cool.
Guild Leader of Favorable Winds [Wind]

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Saturn.6591

Saturn.6591

It actually doesn’t apply a boon, but it heals you and allies, blocks projectiles and prevents foes from entering.

It pulses 2 seconds of stability 10 times. That means if you stand in it for the full duration, you’ll have stability for a total of 20 seconds. The same counts for your allies who stand in it.

in Profession Balance

Rasalhague.8270

lol all i do is WvW and sPVP… no PVE bullcrap

in Profession Balance

Rasalhague.8270

It actually doesn’t apply a boon, but it heals you and allies, blocks projectiles and prevents foes from entering.

It pulses 2 seconds of stability 10 times. That means if you stand in it for the full duration, you’ll have stability for a total of 20 seconds. The same counts for your allies who stand in it.

I wrote boon because the title has a character limit.
I know its not a boon.
And even 20 sec every 120 sec is bullcrap….should be 60 seconds

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Wyrden.4713

Wyrden.4713

if every proffession besides guardian gets ‘kill all enemys in 5 k radius, unobstructable, unevadeable’ skill!

jokes aside, u clearly r not knowledged , these skills r great especially the stability one.

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

in Profession Balance

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

I could get behind this skill having a native 60s cool down. As far as I am concerned there shouldn’t be any utility skills with cool downs longer then 60s, even if they need to rework a skill to change its value slightly.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in Profession Balance

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

sanctuary is stupid strong, what are you talking about?

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Platanos.8107

Platanos.8107

If you do any pvp, you would know that sanctuary is one of the best elites there is.
Also, thieves can also backstab with a dagger when they are stealthed.

See how useful it is to to further one’s argument when talking about thieves?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

If you do any pvp, you would know that sanctuary is one of the best elites there is.

It is not an elite. It is a 120 CD utility skill.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Platanos.8107

Platanos.8107

It is not an elite. It is a 120 CD utility skill.

Sorry, my bad, that’s embarrassing on my part. But it still stands that sanctuary is super useful in pvp.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: shinigamith.7120

shinigamith.7120

woaaa a guardian complaining This day is great!

in Profession Balance

Rasalhague.8270

No utility skill should have CD longer than 60 secs.
The majority of guardian utility is longer than 40.

Sometimes you die and only used a skill once…while other professions can spamfest all their stuff.
And note that guard does not have the huge HP warrior gets, nor the mobility, nor the duration block instead of hit block or the low cooldowns.

(edited by Rasalhague.8270)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Raven.9603

Raven.9603

the best part:

if you just left it at saying you played all characters thoroughly, everyone wouldve assumed it was mostly true, because thats a really common thing.

instead you post a picture of what are clearly 8 lowbies, none of which even look 80, and an achievement point total so low it tells everyone how new you are too the game. completely undermined your own credibility.

both of the skills you listed are strong, and both of them can have their cooldown reduced through traits.

that said, i do agree with lowering the cooldown on sanctuary by a lot. with ~1k healing power it only heals for 1800 if you stay there the whole time and its a very small area, so probably only healing 1 other person and you are still getting melee’d since the circle is so small. Compared to say, Elementalist healing ripple (1900 every 10 secs) or cleansing wave (2500 every 10 seconds, except for PvP).

a 40-60 second cooldown for sanctuary is probably more appropriate.

SBI | Oceans | Ranger – Thief – Ele – Eng – Nec – Guard – Rev
Celestial Avatar is like an old man: Takes forever to get up and is spent in 4 seconds

in Profession Balance

Rasalhague.8270

Those characters are not real lowbies…they just are not geared as its expensive to gear all 8 toons.
I have spent all my gold buying mats to level all the crafting professions to 400.
In fact most of these toons are 60s

in Profession Balance

Posted by: shinigamith.7120

shinigamith.7120

well…you want to play sPvp? Guardian is one of the best.
you want to play high level pve? Guardian is mandatory.
you want to play wvw? it’s not the best roaming profession but it is just op in bus impact.

Yes you have high cooldowns skills but they are high cooldowns, high reward

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Neptune.2570

Neptune.2570

Lol.

Thread doesn’t warrant any more of a response then that.

Daliriant, Dr Octogon [Champion Illusionist]
Mellowpuff [Champion Hunter]

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Bubby.6475

Bubby.6475

From a wvw standpoint, hallowed ground is thuper good.

Sanctuary could use a CD reduction at the cost of the light field since guards have 4 (off the top of my head) light fields already.

and lmao at OP. Its pretty easy to play all professions at level 1.

FFWC forum moderators. :)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Chicago Jack.5647

Chicago Jack.5647

And note that guard does not have the huge HP warrior gets, nor the mobility, nor the duration block instead of hit block or the low cooldowns.

If you’re trying to convince us that guardians have a difficult time preventing damage, you’re going to have one hell of an uphill battle.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Aleth.9630

Aleth.9630

This is actually not true since Stability only stacks in duration up to 3 times (at once). From personal experience the stability stays for at most 3-4s after the field despawns (probably varying on boon duration).

For the thread creator – Sanctuary would be very overpowered with a reduced cooldown or increased duration, at least for PvP. They allow for ridiculous bunkering (drop hallowed on point, drop sanctuary on downed teammates), and they used to be popular at some point in the stone age meta. You can’t make passive immune-type skills last too long, they will become very unfun. The 10-15s potentially party-wide stability is already the longest it gets outside of elite transforms.

(edited by Aleth.9630)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Riccardo.7254

Riccardo.7254

EPIC fail since first post OP

Commander Soundless Death, Necro 80 – IoJ
Commander Gammaburst, Warr 80 – IoJ
Headhunter Jaeger, Thief 80 – IoJ

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Bryzy.2719

Bryzy.2719

lol @ OP and this thread

in Profession Balance

Posted by: loseridoit.2756

loseridoit.2756

ummmm, why do you even bother posting a picture of the loggin screen? Having more toons does not increase your credibility.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Shanks.2907

Shanks.2907

I’d like to see a picture of it without any blackout.

Can’t hit much further rock bottom OP, just rip the band-aid off.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

This is one of two things:

Either 1:

“I HAS NO IDEA, BUT I WANTS TO COMPLAIN LIKE EVERYONELSES TOO!”

or 2:

A troll.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Hayashi.3416

Hayashi.3416

I like how all the levels are blacked out.

Sanctuary is a bit underpowered in PvE purposes though. But that’s far more to do with surviving being too easy in PvE.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

he blacked out his number code, but you can just look at the actual post to get that

this is gold

Those characters are not real lowbies…they just are not geared as its expensive to gear all 8 toons.
I have spent all my gold buying mats to level all the crafting professions to 400.

OBJECTION

You claim to have level 60s, yet most of your characters are wearing armor in the 1-20 range. You claim to have spent all of your money on levelling crafting… Therefore, you would have very few transmutation stones, meaning that this armor is real!

Therefore… You are clearly either wearing armor that is over fifty levels out of date, or you are lying!

Nalhadia – Kaineng

(edited by Sarrs.4831)

in Profession Balance

Hayashi.3416

Inb4 person with 40x lvl 80s posts. Classes sometimes don’t play identically on different races after all – a certain charr skill is required for my current warrior build. ;-)

in Profession Balance

Sarrs.4831

Inb4 person with 40x lvl 80s posts. Classes sometimes don’t play identically on different races after all – a certain charr skill is required for my current warrior build. ;-)

Guardian Human with Avatar of Melandru and the trait that applies Vuln when you apply Immob.

Pop Melly, pop roots, constantly applying Immob to all targets, perma 25 stack vuln!

Same with Sylvari utility roots!

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in Profession Balance

BrunoBRS.5178

he blacked out his number code, but you can just look at the actual post to get that

this is gold

OBJECTION

You claim to have level 60s, yet most of your characters are wearing armor in the 1-20 range. You claim to have spent all of your money on levelling crafting… Therefore, you would have very few transmutation stones, meaning that this armor is real!

Therefore… You are clearly either wearing armor that is over fifty levels out of date, or you are lying!

there’s a far simpler deduction:

if his characters were all leveled through crafting, then it doesn’t really matter what level the characters are, does it? he hasn’t actually played the character.

alternatively

if his characters were all high level, he wouldn’t have to hide the levels. but even then, he isn’t 80 on PvE, and PvP has since added methods for leveling characters through it, as well as obtaining armor skins and transmutation charges.

thus, his statements are all lies.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

You mostly play wvw and pvp and your complaint is that guardians are being shafted?

What possible universe did you spawn from?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

no PVE bullcrap

Why? xD

So let me get this straight:
You’ve leveled all crafting professions to 400, which is enough experience to get one character from lvl 2 to 80. It also costs about 250 gold..?
So most of your characters are lvl 60 now, which means you’ve played them a lot in WvW or collected a lot of Tomes of Knowledge in sPvP.
There is simple no way you’re still below 1k achievment points when you’ve played all 8 different classes (some of which to lvl 60) enough in both PvP and WvW to get mats and gold to level all crafting profs to 400, which btw gives you a total of 320 ap.

Hilarious thread.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

Lol, the screenshot is quite hilarious.

With the current trait system, unless your character is level 80, you cannot really claim to have played it to an extent that gives you enough experience to make balance-related commentary.

I also find it rather hilarious that the OP is complaining about utility skills that have 60s and 120s cooldowns, when he can only find two of them. He completely ignored Signet of Mercy, which has a 150s cooldown. Not to mention Retreat, Save Yourselves, Bow of Truth and Shield of Anger, all of which have 60s cooldowns.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

Imo they should differentiate skill cooldowns (maybe even the skill itself) from pve-pvp-wvw as they are completely differently game modes.
For wvw, sanctuary and hallowed ground are pretty useless.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

Lol OP asking for 60 seconds of stability on 120 sec CD, abandon thread

in Profession Balance

Sarrs.4831

if his characters were all leveled through crafting, then it doesn’t really matter what level the characters are, does it? he hasn’t actually played the character.

Lol, yeah, that’s true. The only authority he has is on how to balance tradeskills. :p

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in Profession Balance

Hayashi.3416

Cooking is unbalanced, buff droprates of carrots and onions.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

Cooking is unbalanced, buff droprates of carrots and onions.

Not true, carrots are unbalanced buff sticks!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

How to censor tutorial, for you my friend.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Rhomulos.2089

Rhomulos.2089

I’m afraid that this is a L2P issue, 120 CD for Sanctuary is reasonable considering the ridiculous things you can do with it, if I saw it more often in my matches it would change the game by a respectable margin, seeing it every fight as opposed to every other fight.

It balances the skill because you need to pick and choose when to use it, relying on your situational awareness.

Kluzu – Engineer (Main)
Kluzukaze – Mesmer
Rhomulos Prime – Revenant

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

To be on topic, things are quite balanced with those skills. As a main guard I love hallowed grounds, Sanctuary could potentially use a reduction IMO but /meh I still find uses.

Hallowed Grounds boon duration buff is merly a little side bonus. It’s strength is the stability which is amazing. Even with the long reuse when paired with master of consecrations (if you have any consecration skills this is a trait you’ll want most likely) you can maintain quite a bit of stability. If you hit SYG then as that is about to fall Hallowed Grounds, then when that falls SYG again you’re looking at a good 30s+ of stability, that’s very useful. If the reuse on HG was shorter you’d be approaching 100% stability uptime which would be amazingly powerful.

And keep in mind as a GUARDian your abilities are all group based. So while some may seem a bit weak compared to other professions versions of similar abilities your affect an entire team and theirs don’t. For example Balanced stance vs Stand Your Ground.

If you’re interested in being more solo, look into meditation builds they pack a decent punch with enough survival to get by.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

I could get behind this skill having a native 60s cool down. As far as I am concerned there shouldn’t be any utility skills with cool downs longer then 60s, even if they need to rework a skill to change its value slightly.

Same. I find 60s to be awfully lengthy, too. Though mostly I mind Elite skills being slightly-stronger but 3m CD skills instead of same-strength virtually no CD skills (or even slightly weaker). I’d pretty much make Elites the spec-makers if I had it my way.

Granted, this harks back to GW1’s elites a bit where the elite was an upgraded version of another skill, but not functionally superior rather just tweaked, and hence often the crucial component.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

If you do any GW2, you would know that sanctuary is actually a utility.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

imagine guards having the ability to have their consecrations and symbols follow them around everywhere. incoming mobile death unit of imminent doom!

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Spin Echo.8263

Spin Echo.8263

I don’t think this is true. Stability only stacks in duration three times. After the last pulse, you might have 6 seconds or so of stability left.

in Profession Balance

BrunoBRS.5178

I don’t think this is true. Stability only stacks in duration three times. After the last pulse, you might have 6 seconds or so of stability left.

3 consecutive stacks. by the time the third pulse applies, the first one expired. so long as you stay inside hallowed ground, you’ll have stability.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: DeathPanel.8362

DeathPanel.8362

Sorry but I’m not going to take the words of some guy who isn’t even past 1k ap and have a bunch of sub lvl 80s seriously when it comes to class balancing.