3 sec revive from downed state.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

…. that’s my whole post..
but if you really want more letters..
it should not be possible with just one person reviving

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

With Signet of undeath, Battlestandard, etc.?

in Profession Balance

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Hard revive.

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Shockwave.1230

Shockwave.1230

Why? it’s a nice counterplay for 2v2s and team fights.

Apply Poison before the enemy goes down to counter the hard revive. Or have 1 person on the team apply some damage.

Sylvari Elementalist – Mystree Duskbloom (Lv 80)
Norn Guardian – Aurora Lustyr (Lv 80)
Mia A Shadows Glow – Human Thief (Lv 80)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Maugetarr.6823

Maugetarr.6823

Iirc they increased the down state health a while back to encourage the play-counterplay options that shockwave mentioned. Before that, downstate was way more biased towards getting stomped.

Blank Players [BDL]-Anvil Rock
Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele
Rebalance Ideas for Thief

in Profession Balance

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Iirc they increased the down state health a while back to encourage the play-counterplay options that shockwave mentioned. Before that, downstate was way more biased towards getting stomped.

My apoligies, i figured Hard revive would mean reviving someone manually( without skills) so battle standard etc are not taken into account.

I took the 3 second manual revive as a standard. Basicly i meant to point out the ability to revive an ally with a guardian while that person is being focused, poisoned and covered with conditions.

I do agree i like the change in general to be more in favor of reviving but the guardian can revive quite fast considering the downed mechanic of certain professions leave alot to consider.

E.A.D.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Ghostwolf.9863

Ghostwolf.9863

My apoligies, i figured Hard revive would mean reviving someone manually( without skills) so battle standard etc are not taken into account.

I took the 3 second manual revive as a standard. Basicly i meant to point out the ability to revive an ally with a guardian while that person is being focused, poisoned and covered with conditions.

I do agree i like the change in general to be more in favor of reviving but the Heal-/Bunker Guardian can revive quite fast considering the downed mechanic of certain professions leave alot to consider.

Need I point out more?

It sure is annoying, but it’s one of their roles and responsibilities.

Some counterplay is to bring Corrupt Boon, CC, Blinds, Stability or Shadow Step along with Poison and some dmg to the fight, or simply full focus on the guardian if your team has an easier time countering battle standard, mass invis or shadow refuge (if the opponents brought them that is).

Thief, Engineer, Mesmer – Seafarer’s Rest (EU)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

Hard revive.

Mercy runes? Also a quick responding team can get people up immediately when they go down.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Cygnus.6903

Cygnus.6903

Reviving as a whole is too quick in this game IMO.

I only state my opinion unless stated otherwise.
Hulk Roaming Montages/Build Vids
I always rage but never quit.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Miroe.2054

Miroe.2054

Down him again. Diminishing returns.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

I do agree i like the change in general to be more in favor of reviving but the guardian can revive quite fast considering the downed mechanic of certain professions leave alot to consider.

If you think a guardian is able to rez fast god help you when you finally find a ranger dedicated to rezzing…. they put guardians to shame…

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

i play a bunker war in pvp and it is hilarious how fast you can revive people with that build since reviving scales with your healing power and you have a trait that makes it 10% faster too. (and a ton of damage reduction while reviving)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Devon.9375

Devon.9375

By now, if I’m below 50% health and there is a nearby ally I will try to get myself down so I can just get back up with 50% health, showing how “broken (?)” ressing is…

in Profession Balance

Posted by: alemfi.5107

alemfi.5107

since reviving scales with your healing power and you have a trait that makes it 10% faster too. (and a ton of damage reduction while reviving)

According to: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Revival
Healing power has no effect. Either someone needs to do more testing, or the wiki needs to be updated.

In regards to balance, coordinate with you team to have someone applying cleave and/or poison while someone else gets a stomp off.

If you think a guardian is able to rez fast god help you when you finally find a ranger dedicated to rezzing…. they put guardians to shame…

Suddenly i want to make a ranger with quickness on pet swap, mercy runes, and healer’s celerity.

When ground-targetted bone minion explosions become a thing, I will change this signature.- 2013
http://twitch.tv/alemfi/

(edited by alemfi.5107)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

since reviving scales with your healing power and you have a trait that makes it 10% faster too. (and a ton of damage reduction while reviving)

Healing power has no effect. Either someone needs to do more testing, or the wiki needs to be updated.

ah you’re right, i guess i always just assumed, since i know poison effects revive speed like all other healing skills

in Profession Balance

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

In regards to balance, coordinate with you team to have someone applying cleave and/or poison while someone else gets a stomp off.

Suddenly i want to make a ranger with quickness on pet swap, mercy runes, and healer’s celerity.

What is bolded can not be stressed enough! There have been times where my team has downed 3 people ressing one person with cleave. Warriors, engis, thieves, ele’s they all have amazing cleave and. Also some classes are made to be cleaved others are made to be stab stomped… Warriors, guardians, necros, engis, rangers can all be stab stomped, thieves, mesmers, and eles all need cleaved… Knowing the other classes in the game and how to deal with their downed state is a god send in team fights… If you can down everyone trying to res with cleave damage it puts your team at an amazing advantage.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in Profession Balance

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

I main a necro and i have been in too many situation where i have 3 downed enemies around me, blew my CD’s to survive and not being able to stomp any of the downed simply because of no stability.. another enemie runs in, drops a CC and starts ressing em one by one with me just standing there..

At least now i know necro’s arn’t meant to stomp or res in high end pvp.

E.A.D.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

I still find it ridulous you can be easily mezzed while taking AOE damage.

downed state is bad for PVP