An Idea for Ele

An Idea for Ele

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Zicarous.2134

Zicarous.2134

Hey all please rip apart my idea but wanted see what you all thought.

Elemental Attument 10 second cd at all times.
Change the Arcana Trait line to reduce cd charge on Elemental Skills.

Elemental Skills, Four attuments each with there own Elemental Skill. To use each skill you must be in that attument (same idea as enginer, drop a turret and F skill changes to another Detanote Turret skill).

Each Elemental Skill Will have a recharge of 1 Min, each point in trait line reduces this by 1 second. So at 30 points, be 30 seconds recharged.

Fire; Sunblast, cast Spell on target foe dealing damage and dazing foe for x amount of seconds (depending on how much traited into Fire.)

Air; Lighting Crack, Cast Spell in target location, all foes with targeted area are, damaged, weakened and blinded (damage increased with how much traited into Air.)

Water; Ice Missile, Cast spell on target foe, once missile hits foe. Foe is stunned for x
length of time (depending on how much traited into Water.)

Earth; Poison Ivy, Cast Spell in target locations, all foes are poisoned and crippled in traget area for 3 seconds each pulse (number of pulses increased with how much traied into earth.)

This is just my idea really please say what you like don’t like! Be Gentle

An Idea for Ele

in Profession Balance

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Question: Would this be an automatic cast when you get into that attunement? If so, how would that work with the current 15point traits?

By the sounds of it, some are target skills so dont see it being automatic, where would these skills be placed? Guessing replace the attunement icon for the attunement you are in already?

Like you Press “F1” to go into fire and then Press it again to use the Elemental skill?

An Idea for Ele

in Profession Balance

Posted by: P Fun Daddy.1208

P Fun Daddy.1208

Question: Would this be an automatic cast when you get into that attunement? If so, how would that work with the current 15point traits?

By the sounds of it, some are target skills so dont see it being automatic, where would these skills be placed? Guessing replace the attunement icon for the attunement you are in already?

Like you Press “F1” to go into fire and then Press it again to use the Elemental skill?

That seems to be the gist.

I like it because it is:
1) Skillcap-raising. Careful planning and management will let you use this skills when needed for greater effect, as well as increase the number of available combos and options.
2) It’s in keeping with the elementalist theme. Each attunement has it’s own purpose and set of powers, so why not have a special skill that channels that power to greater effect?
3) It’s not passive. I like the way that for most optimal setups, pretty much nothing an elementalist does is automatic, so you usually have complete control of what your character does at any moment for better or for worse. This contrasts well with other professions that end up doing a lot of things automatically and without player input.

An Idea for Ele

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Phantaram.1265

Phantaram.1265

I think the idea he is going for is that when you use the elemental skill it is a single skill that goes on a 1 minute cooldown. The ability is different based on attunement you are in when you cast it.

All attunements go on a 10 second cooldown and the arcana trait line passive is changed to reducing the cooldown of this “Elemental skill”

I like it a lot actually. Solves the problem of reliance on the Arcana trait line.

An Idea for Ele

in Profession Balance

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

I think it might be a bit tricky to get it to switch out of that skill and back to the attunement when you go out of that attunement.

It is a good idea, not to sure about the skills though. Though this would require more work (and thus would never happen) is that the skills are different depending on the main hand weapon you have (staff, scepter, dagger)

An Idea for Ele

in Profession Balance

Posted by: sanestar.8731

sanestar.8731

This is a very interesting idea for sure. I’m not sure I’d make base attunement CDs to 10s and remove that fact to the arcana trait line. I think the recent change is good enough as it is. I trait 30 into arcana myself for Evasive Arcana, not for the lower CDs.

The idea of having a 2nd activation on your F skills while in the attunement is a fantastic idea. It would give a bit more unpredictability to the ele. One change to make it a bit more balanced is that they all share a CD of say 30s that way you can’t just spam them all (since I said the Arcana line is fine as is imo). That way you don’t know which spell to expect as the ele dances through all of the attunements.

Not quite sure about the spells, but I like how they scale based on your traits. Would open at least a little more build diversity and force the player to make more critical choices in terms of traits.

Would certainly increase the learning curve, but that’s not always a bad thing. I see a lot of people wanting to play ele but don’t want to take the time to learn it. I view ele as the hardest class to truly learn in GW2 (and I have 1 of every class at lvl 80-never again e.e). They all have their quirks, but ele has the most once you learn them all.

I main ele (more than 1.5k hours on it) and I think this would be an interesting change. Will it happen? Prolly not. But still good to have good ideas about. Cheers~

An Idea for Ele

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Zicarous.2134

Zicarous.2134

Thanks for feedback do like the suggestion of all having same cd! which would make it harder to play vs also could make them quit strong skills in this reguard. thanks for feed back! yeah never happpen but you don’t know until you put it out there!

But also same skils on all weapons as that would require hell of alot of work!

An Idea for Ele

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Dragonic Elemental.2674

Dragonic Elemental.2674

I like it! +1

The skills don’t have to be specifically the ones you proposed, but could be something more defensive in earth and water, and more offensive in fire and air.

Would make me love Ele even more

May the Six watch over us. And come back to Tyria soon.

An Idea for Ele

in Profession Balance

Posted by: cheese.4739

cheese.4739

I do like the sound of this, particularly the shared cooldown - adding four more seperate skills would mean we had four new but almost useless skills, and I’d much rather have a choice of stronger ones.

Would also be able to introduce a few new traits, to replace some of our rather useless ones - actually, what about:

- Elemental Skills have seperate cooldowns
- Using one Elemental Skill sets all Elemental Skills on their own cooldowns
- Alacrity traits affect the relevant Elemental Skill

The other option would be to make them a permanent glyph (one cooldown, four attunement effects, sounds glyph-y), so that Quick Glyphs reduced all their cooldowns - though I’d like to see glyphs improved a little first.