Anet remember to fix Thief

in Profession Balance

Posted by: SoLeciTO.3490

SoLeciTO.3490

There are so skills than definitely need a revision and other a fix . . . please consider this opinion.

1.- Shadowstep. skill with the auto return bug.

When the user tries to shadow step (no matter the skill) the character suddenly returns by itself to the original position.

the weird thing about this bug is that in most cases the shadow step animation is successful, but then suddenly it just returns back.

Also not only for thief . . . there is a lot of terrain problem using this skills, is very frustrating that you throw away a good utility because of this.

2- Black Powder. The blind application interval is too big. Right now this skill is useful only to gain stealth with heartseeker. This skill must be useful also for defensive purposes for example, S/P, P/P (mainly this one).

Decrease the interval a little bit, DO NOT MAKE IT ONLY TO SPAM STEALTH!

3.- Dagger Storm. I don’t even know when this skills will hit or not . . . the rate of a successful hit is sooooooooooooo weird. Make it more reliable.

4.- Death Blossom. Please consider redesigning this skills or to cost less at least, D/D set has been always incomplete because of this skills.

5.- Larcenous Strike. After the nerf we had for this skill is a lot harder to use, it should steal 2 boons at least.

Too many boon spam builds ATM that could be toned down with this.

6.- Traps. More than 2 years of this game and such a waste of skills that no one use. Make them viable plz.

Please let me know your thoughts thieves . . . .

If you feel this post belongs to thief forum instead of balance please let me know, i really don’t know how to catalog this.

Sorry for my bad english!

(edited by SoLeciTO.3490)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Tao.5096

Tao.5096

I wouldn’t really give boon spam to thieves.

Reason:

• ability to easily reset fight
  • ability to escape from any fight
  • great potential in condition removal
  • great mobility
  • great damage spike output

As many may disagree, I can say this:
Thief is actually one of few classes that isn’t boon dependent.
You don’t need swiftness in fights, because there are plenty of gap closers.
Might boosts damage spikes too much. Thieves in many cases can down any class while remaining above 90% – assassin type of class.
Fury is fine, since thief should crit a lot.

Skills:
Death blossom – d/d is a power spec, yet DB has it’s good use in condi build in Arena PvP. Caithe has a nice DB skill – why not rework it to be a bit similar?
Dagger Storm – it does hit, but you gotta move to enemy, kinda bad. The good point of that skill is that it reflects incoming projectiles and range skills.
Black Powder – well, it’s nerfed and seem to go to nerf category just like War’s Adrenaline. They shouldn’t drop skill’s power from 10 to 2.

Did I ever tell you, the definition, of Insanity?

in Profession Balance

SoLeciTO.3490

I wouldn’t really give boon spam to thieves.

Reason:

• ability to easily reset fight
  • ability to escape from any fight
  • great potential in condition removal
  • great mobility
  • great damage spike output

As many may disagree, I can say this:
Thief is actually one of few classes that isn’t boon dependent.
You don’t need swiftness in fights, because there are plenty of gap closers.
Might boosts damage spikes too much. Thieves in many cases can down any class while remaining above 90% – assassin type of class.
Fury is fine, since thief should crit a lot.

Skills:
Death blossom – d/d is a power spec, yet DB has it’s good use in condi build in Arena PvP. Caithe has a nice DB skill – why not rework it to be a bit similar?
Dagger Storm – it does hit, but you gotta move to enemy, kinda bad. The good point of that skill is that it reflects incoming projectiles and range skills.
Black Powder – well, it’s nerfed and seem to go to nerf category just like War’s Adrenaline. They shouldn’t drop skill’s power from 10 to 2.

I wouldn’t say thief can boon spam or steal them now with the nerf they did to LS.

About Death Blossom, i know there are interesting builds that could use it . . . but lets be honest you have never seen it as an option in a serious match.

It is like using traps. . .

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Tao.5096

Tao.5096

I meant more for – I’m not for thief to even spam boons. xD

About DB, yeah. But that’s what I meant.
D/D is supposed to be a power build.
As I understand giving a condition like bleed – okay, but skill itself with or w/o it, is simply bad. It’s not a case like with utility – I’ll pick something else that’s working and is good.

Did I ever tell you, the definition, of Insanity?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

LS stealing 2 boons would destroy boon spam builds. Thief having boons for days vs naked guardian/ele. But I think LS stealing one, removing 2nd boon would be fine.

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

in Profession Balance

SoLeciTO.3490

LS stealing 2 boons would destroy boon spam builds. Thief having boons for days vs naked guardian/ele. But I think LS stealing one, removing 2nd boon would be fine.

No my friend, is not that easy to spam LS.

The cost is high and Flanking Strike is hard to apply continuously.

I would love to hear another thief opinion on this.