Anet, this is just wrong...

in Profession Balance

Posted by: leman.7682

leman.7682

Do the Devs realise that at the moment it is impossible to play PUG dungeons with some profession?

I’ve been playing the necro since the BWEs. I am a good player, I know how to play, I know what works where, I am well geared for PvE (zerker).
I am top100 in EU tPvP and sPvP. Been there done that.
kitten , I even won a kitten llama mini on Saturday.

But every time I want to PUG some dungeons (because queues are too long) I get kicked from parties before I even manage to write ‘Hi’.

Some guys post a ‘Zerker only’, I join then get kicked. I guess necro is too kitten to join your standard elite 5k AP warrior.
Make your own LFG, you say? Enjoy waiting 15 minutes for someone to join and that’s an optimistic scenario.

I just hope something is in the works to make this and some other professions viable and desirable (!) in PvE, because at the moment all you can play across the board is the holy trinity (war, guard, ele).

Just wanted to vent, hoping that a Dev reads it…

Cheers.

Leman

(edited by leman.7682)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: ArcTheFallen.7682

ArcTheFallen.7682

First, spvp = pvp in general. tpvp = tournaments. So you mean you are EU top 100 in teamq and soloq (both reside under tpvp).

With that aside, I hear ya. If I was in EU I’d definitely be open to pug dungeons anytime. I’d try to make some casual friends who would do the same in EU.

[VZ] Sky Avalon – Guardian (Main)
Master of all Professions
sPvP Rank Dragon – 8 Champ Titles – Ruby Division

in Profession Balance

Posted by: J Eberle.9312

J Eberle.9312

I think there needs to be the dreaded skill split across platforms. Yep I said it.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

I agree leman. Its inexcusable for the game to have one class considered to be the objective worst class in a major area of the game, and its embarassing that they haven’t even kittening acknowledged it.

I love my necromancer, and I deliberatly pug with it to show people that there are great necros out there that care about this class so it can get the improvements it needs to not be despised by PUG culture.. I remember so many high caliber pug groups would talk about how much they hate necromancers when I was playing on my ele. This is simply discrimination for one’s choices, which must be corrected to detoxify this part of the game’s culture.

I will keep playing my necro in PvE, to show people we matter and don’t deserve to be discriminated against. Yesterday I finished making howler for my necro. I never see encros with legendaries in PvE, only the kittenrise and twilight crap thats everywhere on the heavy plated god mode classes.

Anyway rant over.
And at least necromancers are one of the strongest classes in WvW. Thats our best niche, and probably our only saving grace in this game.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

in Profession Balance

Posted by: crunchyraisin.6054

crunchyraisin.6054

That is unfortunate.

Necros can dps hard….

Best solution is likely a guild or a friends list.

I agree entirely with pve pvp skill splits.

in Profession Balance

leman.7682

I believe there is big amount of work required to make the necro viable in PvE similar;y to the current best professions.
Simple number adjustment isn’t going to work, because, as Swift Paw remarked, this could overpower them in other areas of the game.

Making things more intricate, like adding/changing necro’s combo capabilities (wells and their 4 dark and 1 light field, very scarce finishers) would more likely work.

I’m just afraid it may be too difficult to tune necros to fit the dungeon design without changing that design.

Whatever the road the Devs choose to follow, something needs to be done, because it is becoming ridiculous. Their silence is probably the most aggravating problem here. It shows that either they don’t know how to fix these problems or they don’t care.

Leman

(edited by leman.7682)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: crunchyraisin.6054

crunchyraisin.6054

Necros are very slightly less dps than other classes on one target….cleave isn’t super important as that stuff will get insta killed anyway in a halfway decent group. Also…it’s not like they have no cleave at all either.

The biggest problem is the stigma…not the balance.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Why not just get to know some PvE people that do runs, then do runs with them regularly? That way you don’t need to deal with the LFG full zerk only class A,B,C types, and the group will almost certainly be stronger/faster…

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in Profession Balance

leman.7682

Why not just get to know some PvE people that do runs, then do runs with them regularly? That way you don’t need to deal with the LFG full zerk only class A,B,C types, and the group will almost certainly be stronger/faster…

I have some amazing people to play PvE with (hint in my signature) but it doesn’t help when they’re not online, does it?

The point isn’t with finding solution, but with having to do it…

Leman

in Profession Balance

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

I believe there is big amount of work required to make the necro viable in PvE similar;y to the current best professions.
Simple number adjustment isn’t going to work, because, as Swift Paw remarked, this could overpower them in other areas of the game.

Making things more intricate, like adding/changing necro’s combo capabilities (wells and their 4 dark and 1 light field, very scarce finishers) would more likely work.

I’m just afraid it may be too difficult to tune necros to fit the dungeon design without changing that design.

Whatever the road the Devs choose to follow, something needs to be done, because it is becoming ridiculous. Their silence is probably the most aggravating problem here. It shows that either they don’t know how to fix these problems or they don’t care.

Actually necro are not bad for pve and they have good dps output when in full zerker gear. Its more of and ignorance issue lots of peolpe associate necro as being a condition class and don’t realize in can have good power specs. Doesn’t help when there are actually alot of players that play a condition necro in pve. Nothing wrong with that but if I am doing a dungeon run honestly I dont want a condi spec with me.

There needs to be more education about other classes but in the meantime op join a guild or make some friends. Any time you have a great run with someone ask them if you can add them to fl so you can call on them for future runs.

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

in Profession Balance

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

I have my own means of dealing with these elitists. Look for their “Heavies only, 5k ap 45 AR” groups, notice it is usually only 1 warrior lonesome, join, type in caps, “LOL” and leave. Then be glad you wasted their time for being a kitten.

I did a level 28 fotm with 15 ar on my freshly made 80 guardian (leveled primarily from pvp (level books), dailies (pvp) and about 5 runs of AC towards the end.) I’m no “pro” dungeon runner but I’ve never had to sit through such pain in a long time ever since I retired from doing 48 daily. Even when I did a those few runs of AC I had level ~60 green gear and was pulling my weight and often theirs, it’s pathetic. People assume gear and AP or playtime makes a difference when it really has no value.

Part of this however is a fault in the dungeon encounters, where stacking cleaving dps is the go-to but I just find it sad when these elitists in their full asc gear are still dying to trash mobs. Bring your ranger, bring your engi, innocent until proven stupid I say.

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

in Profession Balance

nearlight.3064

Necros are very slightly less dps than other classes on one target….cleave isn’t super important as that stuff will get insta killed anyway in a halfway decent group. Also…it’s not like they have no cleave at all either.

The biggest problem is the stigma…not the balance.

while I do agree with this, as the stigma is the biggest problem, I’d say that we still do need the buffs in terms of unique team support in the form of offensive buffs or damage mitigation that other classes cannot provide in the same or better way.

Then the stigma will fade.

Necromancer Main
Nintendo games..

in Profession Balance

Posted by: maha.7902

maha.7902

I have my own means of dealing with these elitists. Look for their “Heavies only, 5k ap 45 AR” groups, notice it is usually only 1 warrior lonesome, join, type in caps, “LOL” and leave. Then be glad you wasted their time for being a kitten.

I did a level 28 fotm with 15 ar on my freshly made 80 guardian (leveled primarily from pvp (level books), dailies (pvp) and about 5 runs of AC towards the end.) I’m no “pro” dungeon runner but I’ve never had to sit through such pain in a long time ever since I retired from doing 48 daily. Even when I did a those few runs of AC I had level ~60 green gear and was pulling my weight and often theirs, it’s pathetic. People assume gear and AP or playtime makes a difference when it really has no value.

Part of this however is a fault in the dungeon encounters, where stacking cleaving dps is the go-to but I just find it sad when these elitists in their full asc gear are still dying to trash mobs. Bring your ranger, bring your engi, innocent until proven stupid I say.

So you respond to people being kittens by being a kitten yourself. Why yes, how dare people try to play with people who meet their standards, if someone makes an LFG saying newbies only I will join, type LOL and leave because they’re being kittens excluding experienced players like myself.

Serah Mahariel – Death and Taxes

in Profession Balance

NinjaEd.3946

So you respond to people being kittens by being a kitten yourself. Why yes, how dare people try to play with people who meet their standards, if someone makes an LFG saying newbies only I will join, type LOL and leave because they’re being kittens excluding experienced players like myself.

Someone didn’t like robin hood. You really have sympathy for elitist kittens? There are no repair costs anymore so its difficult to make them feel like a kitten these days.

in Profession Balance

maha.7902

Their groups have no effect on you so just leave them be. The sad thing is you actually think you have some sort of moral high ground, but you don’t when you’re trolling people who simply want to play with others like themselves. Whether you like their standards or not is irrelevant, I don’t join those groups either, but writing LOL and then leaving the group serves no purpose.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

Wait, you went from worshiping GWEN to necros are invalid in PvE?

Or are we complaining about elitist themselves, in a balance sub forum?

in Profession Balance

leman.7682

Wait, you went from worshiping GWEN to necros are invalid in PvE?

Or are we complaining about elitist themselves, in a balance sub forum?

I don’t think I understand… I think you are writing about WvW, which clearly isn’t a topic here.

Leman

in Profession Balance

NinjaEd.3946

Their groups have no effect on you so just leave them be. The sad thing is you actually think you have some sort of moral high ground, but you don’t when you’re trolling people who simply want to play with others like themselves. Whether you like their standards or not is irrelevant, I don’t join those groups either, but writing LOL and then leaving the group serves no purpose.

You’re really over thinking this :/

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

Most people see and necro and immediately think condition damage, which they deem useless in PvE. It’s sad cause Necros have some really good power builds which are very effective but never get chance to play them.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

This is just of the love going around … people who insist on certain standards of play have applied these kick tactics to those that don’t meet their standards. This in turn has trained others to act accordingly for their own reasons. Now it’s being applied to very experience players. Too bad people can’t just accept others that play how they want in their groups in the first place; now we have little cliques to deal with when PUGing and we have to accommodate every version of ‘meta’ being encountered to avoid kicks.

There is some irony here. I’m sure I don’t need to say what it is.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

in Profession Balance

maha.7902

Maybe I’m sick of white knights thinking they’re doing the community some great big service by trolling berserker groups (or in my case, joining my path sales and kicking me from my own instance). You play how you want, let them play how they want. It’s not that hard. And before the obligatory ‘well all the groups want berserker’ comment, it’s as easy as making your own no requirement group. I’ve made non descript groups that have filled in like a minute flat and used my condition build and nobody ever said anything.

in Profession Balance

NinjaEd.3946

Maybe I’m sick of white knights thinking they’re doing the community some great big service by trolling berserker groups (or in my case, joining my path sales and kicking me from my own instance). You play how you want, let them play how they want. It’s not that hard. And before the obligatory ‘well all the groups want berserker’ comment, it’s as easy as making your own no requirement group. I’ve made non descript groups that have filled in like a minute flat and used my condition build and nobody ever said anything.

Where did I start recruiting people? I was just sharing a story jeez. Also quit contradicting yourself, if this was really a case of “play how you want, let them play how they want” then this thread wouldn’t exist. All I do is give them a taste of their own medicine, its not like I stand there and spam messages to make them block me and abuse the Lfg system with snide remarks towards them. Its quick and to the point, and much better than getting kicked because I don’t meet some the requirements of some all star team to clear the dungeon 2 minutes quicker than a group of mixed builds/professions.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Terissimo.6852

Terissimo.6852

Dont pug leman. U can do daily dungs with me, screw those elitists :<. Play how u want!
Im sure u will do better job than Dub as condi warrior :P

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

Don’t mind Maha. He’s the ever present PvE meta Whiteknight.
Funny thing is almost every spec is perfectly viable for dungeons including Necro. It’s just the pugs blindly try to copy the meta speed runners, so players who have no interest in figuring out how to properly build their characters themselves see that the speed runners disallow necros due to lack of their precious efficiency, and assume wrongly that Necros can’t dungeon period.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

First, spvp = pvp in general. tpvp = tournaments. So you mean you are EU top 100 in teamq and soloq (both reside under tpvp).

With that aside, I hear ya. If I was in EU I’d definitely be open to pug dungeons anytime. I’d try to make some casual friends who would do the same in EU.

yeah he is
http://www.gw2score.com/PvP/player/leman7682

leman needs to join a friendly casual guild.

in Profession Balance

maha.7902

Funny thing is almost every spec is perfectly viable for dungeons including Necro. It’s just the pugs blindly try to copy the meta speed runners, so players who have no interest in figuring out how to properly build their characters themselves see that the speed runners disallow necros due to lack of their precious efficiency, and assume wrongly that Necros can’t dungeon period.

Is the fact that I think compatible people should play with each other and not try to contact incompatible types either through grouping with or trolling actually something bad? If that’s what you’re trying to argue, then mind = blown.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

Is the fact that I think compatible people should play with each other and not try to contact incompatible types either through grouping with or trolling actually something bad? If that’s what you’re trying to argue, then mind = blown.

What I’m trying to say is there’s a lot of misinformation that has risen due to the existance of the meta. Even though most people who actually understand the meta know better, the more ignorant pugs have come to think unviable for speed runs means unviable for dungeons in general, which causes a lot of grief players who don’t use classes or specs within the meta. The worst are those that think dungeons are impossible with the meta.
Even though this may have not been the meta player’s intention, it is a negative side effect of thier existance, and they aren’t exactly blameless either having chased off every non-meta build designer on the dungeon board.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

in Profession Balance

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

I think there needs to be the dreaded skill split across platforms. Yep I said it.

There’s nothing actually Dreaded about it.

When they finally did it in the first game, it resulted in a huge leap forward in their general Productivity and the size of each content update they were able to deliver. Right now they’re doing it THE HARD WAY and won’t even admit it. I’d even call it chivalrous if I didn’t believe the only reason they’re doing it is to keep the focus squarely on their amazingly unpopular Conquest mode that will never catch on nomatter how many updates they try and Square-Peg around it.

As a Ranger main in dungeons, I haven’t been autokicked but I’ve certainly had to beg, plead, and put up “proof of deed” not to be replaced by the first available Warrior/Mes who also might want in if the party is close to full. And this means settling for the mediocre to bad pubs a lot of times. So bad that by the end of them, a lowly Ranger they were tempted to kick is literally carrying half the team and soloing a champion. Got a necro too that I don’t even DARE bring into any dungeons despite it being my “Trump Card” the last time I had to kill Dwayna Priestess Simin in Path 4 Arah.

Point is, they already know how to fix it.
But it’s like the Living Story 1, they only want to do their own special snowflake thing this time instead of using what worked in the first Series. They’re sure that if it goes on long enough, we’ll learn to love it and praise their awesome new specialness (at this rate, that’s been pretty much exactly what’s happening through filtration rather than conversion with so many people leaving for longer and longer periods of time .. and honeslty, if that’s what they want then who are we to question it? It’s a free country afterall)

(edited by ilr.9675)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

I don’t think this really has much to do with him getting kicked, but more the fact that Necromancers are objectively the worst profession for PvE, and objectively the only profession that has no place in an optimized group.

Can we deal decent damage in a good group? Yes, afaik its 3rd highest single target DPS. But what else do we bring? Nothing of meaning that someone else can’t do, and do while bringing a ton of extra utility. We literally leech off the group, relying on their buffs to even match them in DPS, because while we are selfish in all of our traiting we don’t even out-selfish other people, while bringing nothing to the table.

Literally every other profession has at least one unique thing they can do best, where you can point to it and say “that is why you’d bring that profession, and without them you’ll lack that thing”. Necromancers do not. It is completely silly that there is an entire profession that is simply not worth taking in a group, and the only reason PUGs allow you in a fair bit of the time is because lets face it a zerker Necro might be bad but it beats bearbow.

This isn’t a matter of people perceiving us as bad, because we are bad. This isn’t a matter of people not theory crafting because we aren’t meta so they don’t bother, we’ve been theory-crafted to death and have been found lacking. This is simply an issue that Necromancer has no niche in 99% of group PvE content. And its going to take a lot of work to give us a worthwhile group niche without breaking other content.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Profession Balance

Posted by: icewyrm.5038

icewyrm.5038

It’s pretty funny though. Start a group with a necro, engie or ranger and put up a lfg message and you could wait 20 minutes or even longer before anyone will join a dungeon run. Mesmers and thieves don’t seem quite as bad for it.

Start one as a guardian, warrior or ele and you tend to get folks joining almost immediately.

I start the odd “rangers, engies and necros only” group just for variety now and again.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

You obviously learned to “play around” the limitation by just being a great player. But if there’s probably 1 or 2 things that convinced everyone else (hurf durf warriors & guardians especially) that necros “suck” in PvE and dungeons especially, it was the lack of Stability & heal-based-survival. Too many people just can’t wrap their minds around a class who’s survival comes from Preemptive abilities and debuffing. Though it would also probably help if the Blindness condition itself got a PVE split to behave atleast a little more like its predecessor used to.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

I have some amazing people to play PvE with (hint in my signature) but it doesn’t help when they’re not online, does it?

The point isn’t with finding solution, but with having to do it…

There are guilds for that then…

LFG =‘s PUG =’s random people that expect everyone to be as bright as a dead lightbulb =’s full zerk class XYZ only. Back in the days of the lfg website, at least you knew they cared enough to get onto the website, and thus probably had some sort of idea about how to play.

I understand why they do this stuff too… if an eng (or whatever) that I didn’t know joined a party I would be like… >.> I hope you’re one of the few that actually knows what you’re doing… but the majority of players won’t. That leads to bad experiences and people thinking of a class as bad rather than those particular players. I know it’s not ideal by any means, but this is how things are now. It’s not as if A-net or anyone is going to change the minds of the masses : /

I haven’t done a dungeon in quite a while, and holy kitten I don’t miss having to deal with this kitten anymore. PvP is a far more entertaining way of obtaining PvE gear now with the track rewards. If I need gold for some reason, there is always playing the TP while watching a show or whatever. That solved this issue for me (although I did have a guild that I ran with, but yea… there are times when only the not so ideal people are on).

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

(edited by Aberrant.6749)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Ezeriel.9574

Ezeriel.9574

Everyone is being so polite, so allow me to add a little venom to this…

…necros suck! …and for two years Anet’s response has been “yeah, but deathshroud is really good”

DS?!?!?!? Really?!?!?!?

I have spent the last few months, trying over and over again, to make a decent necro build, and I, like many others, have concluded that there isn’t one.

They have no AOE direct damage. Yeah, there are wells, on a 30 second cooldown, but why would anyone bring a necro, when a guard brings constant light wells, protection, healing and boons… and most important cleave.

Yeah a necro can do a lot of damage to one target, a warrior can do more to three.

Conditions are applied, and reapplied, constantly in this game, being able to transfer the conditions on you, to an opponent twice in 25 seconds, isn’t all that impressive, and it seems to be all a necro really offers.

Condition damage is meh at it’s best. It’s constantly overwritten by people with little, or no, condition damage gear, and necros don’t even have decent access to fire.

Torment was supposed to be a necro’s compensation for not having aoe fire, but every other class, that has access to it, are better at applying it, Tainted Shackles is three lousy stacks, and it has a 40 second cooldown for pete’s sake.

…and it counters gameplay. Torment should be used when people are running away from you, not when they have you’re rooted down and are pounding away on you.

…and I’m willing to bet that 90% of the time, when Tainted Shackles is used, it’s when a necro is desperate, bunkering in DS and has nothing better to do, since DS has nothing to offer condition necros beyond being a meat-shield.

Which brings me to the saddest thing about necros. They can’t even use DS to jump off cliffs anymore….

…and that’s what it feels like to play a necro. Every time you get a cool toy the teacher comes and takes it away from you.

P.S. If your group has a healer, and they apply regeneration, the last thing they want is some noob necro spamming their Mark of Blood, over writing the real healers regeneration, and after taking a close look at Mark of Blood, Anet decided that three stacks of bleeding was too good for spvp….

…they don’t understand the class, they don’t play the class, just re-roll.

The only way to play the engineer is to exploit it.
Playing the engineer “as intended” is simply not viable.

in Profession Balance

nearlight.3064

…and that’s what it feels like to play a necro. Every time you get a cool toy the teacher comes and takes it away from you.

I think that comment sums up mesmers (at least in WvW) a bit better.

As for the rest of your post, I honestly think you’re probably one of my least favorite people playing this game right now, and not only do I not care about your ignorant stigmatizing opinion, I would honestly rather spend an eternity fighting the buffed Mai Trin than pugging through one CoF p1 run with someone as hateful as you.

Anyway have a nice day.

And btw, your comment about the regen is so stupid. Pure healers playing whackamole with the UI aren’t meant to exist in this game, and so many classes can apply low healing power regeneration to a group, and you don’t cry over that.

OH and for the record, DS offers enough to be useful for condition necros, even if it is traitwise. Dhuumfire, terror, or path of corruption. Its easy enough to fit two of those on a build, then 3 out of 5 skills will be useful for a condition build. So in other words, you’re just wrong.

Necromancer Main
Nintendo games..

(edited by nearlight.3064)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Burjis.3087

Burjis.3087

Haven’t they introduced a new trait called Phalanx Strength to the necromancer to make it more desirable in dungeons? … oh wait! …

Everlasting Sacred Path [ESP] (www.espguild.com)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Eroiqua.5891

Eroiqua.5891

Yesterday I finished making howler for my necro. I never see encros with legendaries in PvE…

Congrats on Howler.

I think the reason there aren’t a lot of Necros with legendaries (and I’ve noticed it as well) is that most of the legendaries for our weapon types are not very Necro-y even if you’re not going for an all-out hardcore death look. The only one I think is really good, aesthetics-wise, is Frostfang. IMO, Howler is okay…not great but not bad either. Bifrost is just too colorful, Incinerator seems wrong (a fire-heavy look just doesn’t make sense to me), The Minstrel is too much fluff, and Meterologicus seems blatantly Elementalist-oriented. The underwater ones are pretty good, but you rarely see them anyway, for obvious reasons.

I actually wouldn’t mind having Frostfang, but if I were to get any of the others I’d just do it for the stat switching and reskin it. I wonder how many Necros actually do have legendaries that we just don’t notice because they’ve been reskinned.

in Profession Balance

nearlight.3064

Yesterday I finished making howler for my necro. I never see encros with legendaries in PvE…

Congrats on Howler.

I think the reason there aren’t a lot of Necros with legendaries (and I’ve noticed it as well) is that most of the legendaries for our weapon types are not very Necro-y even if you’re not going for an all-out hardcore death look. The only one I think is really good, aesthetics-wise, is Frostfang. IMO, Howler is okay…not great but not bad either. Bifrost is just too colorful, Incinerator seems wrong (a fire-heavy look just doesn’t make sense to me), The Minstrel is too much fluff, and Meterologicus seems blatantly Elementalist-oriented. The underwater ones are pretty good, but you rarely see them anyway, for obvious reasons.

I actually wouldn’t mind having Frostfang, but if I were to get any of the others I’d just do it for the stat switching and reskin it. I wonder how many Necros actually do have legendaries that we just don’t notice because they’ve been reskinned.

Thats an interesting point. Howler has always been my favorite legendary, and since I’m sylvari, I feel like it at least somewhat fits a little bit even if its more of a ranger or norn themed weapon.

Anyway I love it. LOVE it!

Now the biggest challenge is trying to find an axe skin that complements it that is not named frostfang. My ideas were the dreamthistle and teq weaponsets, but those are a tad hard to get. Maybe the new leyline weapons? They’re really blue and magical looking, which might go well with the fogginess.

Necromancer Main
Nintendo games..

in Profession Balance

NinjaEd.3946

I think that comment sums up mesmers (at least in WvW) a bit better.

Mesmer Q.Q is so tasty. Welcome to the nerf club!

(edited by NinjaEd.3946)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Alilinke.7690

Alilinke.7690

I must admit I do shy away from parties with necros in them, not because I think they do bad DPS or anything, It’s just that I main an ele and they spam darkness fields everywhere :x

[nA] Professional Guild Hall Decorator

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

I’m not going to argue viablility for each classes, but there is cleary a meta that people deem to be the most optimal and they will run it.

If you want optimal don’t roll a necro? (or anything else considered against the meta)

If not find another, or make your own.

Whenever you are not running an optimal build don’t go looking specifically for optimal groups simple as that.

I don’t know how it is on EU but if I feel like running a silly build I can find a group just fine. Same in turn if I want to play the optimal. Most savvy groups should not worry about one or two off putting classes as long as it’s not more than one ranger.

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”