AntiToxin Spray

AntiToxin Spray

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Pants Are Dangerous.2079

Pants Are Dangerous.2079

Q:

At the moment, Antitoxin Spray is the only skill that all players have in common regardless of race or profession however I feel this hurts the unique identity provided by profession and race combination.

I know that professions and races share skills but these were interdependent. For example, a Sylvari Warrior and Mesmer would both have Healing Seed and a Norn and Sylvari Warrior will both have Healing Signet but neither the Sylvari Mesmer nor Norn Warrior would have any skills in common hence making these two characters feel unique to each other.

Personally, seeing my Charr Guardian spinning around as if he was an Asuran Engineer to be odd.

I was curious if Anet will be replacing the AntiToxin Spray Healing Skill with unique race or profession Healing Skill ?

AntiToxin Spray

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

I dislike it for a different reason: Class balance.

As a share skill – much like the racials – Antitoxin Spray will always have to be underpowered. the only situation in which it could shine is if there was a non-pulsing source of long-lasting Toxin. Which doesn’t exist.

Now ofc, if such sources start showing up then fair enough, the skill would still be unbalanced but it’d have its place.
But without it, I can’t see a reason to use it. It heals for very very little, even in absolutely idea conditions.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

AntiToxin Spray

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Pants Are Dangerous.2079

Pants Are Dangerous.2079

I would have liked to have this post in the suggestion thread but I don’t want to spam the forum either.

AntiToxin Spray

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

No they won’t. But Its okay don’t worry no ones uses antitoxin spray anyways

AntiToxin Spray

in Profession Balance

Posted by: loseridoit.2756

loseridoit.2756

No they won’t. But Its okay don’t worry no ones uses antitoxin spray anyways

hey, i am using it. The giant in dry top inflict some nasty confusion. Toxin spray is a situation pve condition removal

AntiToxin Spray

in Profession Balance

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

Meh, the skill is specifically tuned to not outshine the HPS of profession specific skills.

Even if you manage to snag all 3 of the conditions it clears, the 30 second cooldown makes it have a HPS of just under 180.

Its nearest direct comparison, the necromancer’s Consume Conditions, blows it out of the water.

It is one of ANet’s “clever” multi-purpose skills, where the up front use (heal) is not the intended use.

AntiToxin Spray

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Meh, the skill is specifically tuned to not outshine the HPS of profession specific skills.

Even if you manage to snag all 3 of the conditions it clears, the 30 second cooldown makes it have a HPS of just under 180.

Its nearest direct comparison, the necromancer’s Consume Conditions, blows it out of the water.

It is one of ANet’s “clever” multi-purpose skills, where the up front use (heal) is not the intended use.

Antotoxin Spray does have the advantage of being a group cleanse/heal, though.

It’s situational, and generally not a good pick, but it does have its uses.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

AntiToxin Spray

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I carry “Shake it Off!” on my Warrior for that giant. Removes the Fear and (usually) the Confusion, while getting rid of either Fear or Confusion for those around me. For my other characters, I usually stay far enough away to avoid the AoE cap from the roars.

AntiToxin Spray

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

TL;DR: No, there’s no point in them replacing it, especially because it’s linked to the story.

I surprised this sort of complaint exists, as that skill is generally never run. It wasn’t even really used during its story counterpart, despite the fact that it was specifically designed to counter the hallucinogenic pollen that the toxic alliance enemies use.

In any case, the story reason behind the acquisition of this skill is that Marjory developed an antitoxin to help counter the effects of the toxic alliance’s poison, which was also used to defeat the tower of nightmares. Players could receive this antitoxin from her if they provided enough spore samples, thus it would make sense that all races were given the same skill. There wasn’t a separate kind of antitoxin necessary for each race, so they were all given the same thing, thus they all have the same skill with the same effect.

Furthermore, if they made racial variants of the skill, it’s quite possible that one variant of the skill would be much more useful than another, thus it would potentially mean one race is superior to another (albeit in a tiny way). This is something they generally try to avoid, which is why racial skills generally have certain kinds of restrictions on them or are just weak in general.