Balance Patch - Changed Your Mind about 8%?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Thedenofsin.7340

Thedenofsin.7340

ANet,

Have you changed your mind about the 8% HS nerf? I think the community would like to know if you plan on keeping the cheese meta around after this patch or not.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: killahmayne.9518

killahmayne.9518

As if the problems of this game revolves around Healing Signet.

Mace/Greatsword Video (Sept Patch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoAjKtD6MLY

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Thedenofsin.7340

Thedenofsin.7340

That’s just one of them

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Insanity.5174

Insanity.5174

we have nerfed the passive by 8% but at the same time we have buffed the active,when you’ll push it:
- you will go in stealth for 5 seconds at the end of the stealth you fear(6secs) foes and if you break the stealth you don’t get revealed.
- steal 5 enemy boons and grants them to allies and you.
- transfer 5 condis to enemy foes.
- 125% bonus damage for 6 seconds.(maybe we will increase to 150%)
- torment,confusion,burning,chill,cripple and fear for 8 secs to foes in a 750 radius.(unblockable ofc)
- 99,8% chanche to trigger lyssa rune when you heal.
- active heal : heal you and your allies for every warrior in party :
1 war heal 7k
2 war heal 10k
3 war heal 15k
4 war heal 20k
5 war heal full life.
- if you get interrupt while healing you will moa enemy foe and steal them their gold(5 sec cd,unblockable ofc).

fear will be no more breakable by a condicleans or stunbreaker.
signet cooldown reduced to 10 secs.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Fortus.6175

Fortus.6175

we have nerfed the passive by 8% but at the same time we have buffed the active,when you’ll push it:
- you will go in stealth for 5 seconds at the end of the stealth you fear(6secs) foes and if you break the stealth you don’t get revealed.
- torment,confusion,burning,chill,cripple and fear for 8 secs to foes in a 750 radius.(unblockable ofc)
1 war heal 7k
2 war heal 10k
3 war heal 15k
4 war heal 20k
5 war heal full life.
- if you get interrupt while healing you will moa enemy foe and steal them their gold(5 sec cd,unblockable ofc).

lose the gold stealing part and you got a pretty legit possible patch note…..which is just sad….

oh, for thieves lets give Backstab a 2x damage coefficient, make it hit max damage regardless of where it is hit, have it have a 3% extra damage per each 1% of hp missing on the enemy, and have 150% extra damage on targets above 90% hp.

Hmm, im still not happy, what if blinding/evading/dodging an attack from thief didnt reveal them, also, lets give them an ability that applies a blind every second so that nobody ever have a chance to do everything, negate 5/8 downstates oooh and maybe all ranged autoattacks should also apply blind through this field. Also lets give them plenty of condition cleansing and health on stealth, and give stealth an almost 100% uptime so that it is fair. Lastly, lets make stealth not be broken by anything, and by anything we I mean nothing at all, not even skilful AoE or skilfully aimed CC. Hmm, am I missing something? Yah, lets give them plenty of teleports which break stuns and give them unparalleled damage vs other glass cannons. We should combine it all in a weapon specc, yah, that should be balanced

[GoM] Gate of Madness Server Elementalist|Guardian
Legendary SoloQ

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

I agree healing signet isn’t the only problem. Heck, HS is only one part of why wars are too strong right now. 8% won’t change the overall issues greatly.

The problem is that across multiple professions is that there are far too many low risk/high reward/low skill required builds.

@ Fort… you had your chance to prevent the stealth attack from being possible when they attempted to stealth (save blinding powder). Yet some people want their bad gameplay rewarded with a 2nd chance? If they are stealthed they can’t cap. That’s a large drawback.

Thieves do not have “plenty” of condition cleanses.

Other than shadowstep what’s the rest of the “plenty of tele ports which break stuns”?

Despite all of what thieves do have… an eng will still give a thief a lot of problems.

They aren’t some auto 30/30/30/30/30 god mode profession.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

(edited by Aberrant.6749)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

The biggest joke is that even with an 8% nerf to Healing Signet Warriors would probably be just as durable because of the nerf to _crit-Damage and possibly some incoming nerfs to conditions.

An 8% nerf is a joke when burst is being reduced by 20%.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Razor.6392

Razor.6392

Just nerf warriors to oblivion.

Level 60 pvp
Ele & thief main (full ascended)
Down with the braindead faceroll classes.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

The 8% nerf is a joke, you can bet the active will be buffed by more than 8% – which is only like 38Healing Per second anyway, like warriors are going going to miss that when they are either:

Button Bashing with Hammer and stunning/Interrupting every 10 seconds
or
Going from one side of the map to the otherside of the map in mere seconds with a Greatsword…
or
Using immunity skills that will mean they will be immune to damage, can still do damage and will still be healed passively…

in Profession Balance

ArmageddonAsh.6430

The PvP is this game (S/TPvP) has always been poor the sad part is that rather than getting better it has gotten worse.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Insanity.5174

Insanity.5174

1 war heal 7k
2 war heal 10k
3 war heal 15k
4 war heal 20k
5 war heal full life.

lose the gold stealing part and you got a pretty legit possible patch note…..which is just sad….

oh, for thieves lets give Backstab a 2x damage coefficient, make it hit max damage regardless of where it is hit, have it have a 3% extra damage per each 1% of hp missing on the enemy, and have 150% extra damage on targets above 90% hp.

Hmm, im still not happy, what if blinding/evading/dodging an attack from thief didnt reveal them, also, lets give them an ability that applies a blind every second so that nobody ever have a chance to do everything, negate 5/8 downstates oooh and maybe all ranged autoattacks should also apply blind through this field. Also lets give them plenty of condition cleansing and health on stealth, and give stealth an almost 100% uptime so that it is fair. Lastly, lets make stealth not be broken by anything, and by anything we I mean nothing at all, not even skilful AoE or skilfully aimed CC. Hmm, am I missing something? Yah, lets give them plenty of teleports which break stuns and give them unparalleled damage vs other glass cannons. We should combine it all in a weapon specc, yah, that should be balanced

maybe the gold stealing is a bit op so when you get interrupt you will moa your foe and reboot enemy computer.(cd 5 sec)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Tatsuo.1478

Tatsuo.1478

I would say this 8% nerf has become a joke about Anet competence. This clearly highlights that Anet does not know a kitten about balance or don’t want to know. We are waiting months (even years) for things that should be done weekly. sPvP is a joke. Now for them to make it E-sport is like for me to get to Mars.

in Profession Balance

ArmageddonAsh.6430

I would say this 8% nerf has become a joke about Anet competence. This clearly highlights that Anet does not know a kitten about balance or don’t want to know. We are waiting months (even years) for things that should be done weekly. sPvP is a joke. Now for them to make it E-sport is like for me to get to Mars.

I found it hilarious when i first heard they wanted to make it an eSport. They have NO idea how to balance the game. I said from the start S/TPvP will not become an eSport because Anet doesnt have the skill required to balance it.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

Fundamentally, the problem is this: The Balance Team is Not Doing Their Job Well.

Let’s look at their track record:

Dhuumfire
Result: Condi meta and Necromancers OP.

Just to mention, it should look like this:
Dhuumfire
Result: Condi meta and Necromancers only cheeze build OP, while all other viable builds which took skill got nerfed and power is pushed further down the usability line… and we cry while cutting the wrists of bone minions while flesh golem moonwalks and writes sad poetry.

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Frenk.5917

Frenk.5917

Just nerf everything which is passive in this game.

I’m talking about AR, Berz stance, etc… including conditions in general.

Frenk – EU
All is vain

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

What conditions are passive, if I may ask? To get conditions, your opponent must be doing something to you.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Profession Balance

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

Don’t worry everybody, just in case 8% nerf on HS was too much, we are giving warriors the ability to take 4 sigils (when the max anyone else can proc is 2)! Leeching, hydromancy, energy, and geomancy for all warriors!!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

We are talking about sustain here not a burst heal. 8% on a sustain heal isn’t nothing. No matter how you slice the pie if the warrior was always disengaging 2 minutes after receiving pressure he will have to engage earlier. Poison and burst damage will be more effective in either killing or forcing the warrior to disengage.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Przemek Pro.1309

Przemek Pro.1309

Burst dmg? WE also have dmg nerf so its a same as it was before

“We stopped checking for monsters under our beds when we realized they were inside us”
Prnn [dF]
Driven By Fury

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Frenk.5917

Frenk.5917

What conditions are passive, if I may ask? To get conditions, your opponent must be doing something to you.

Juzt like to use berserker stance you have to click on something?

Frenk – EU
All is vain

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

The PvP is this game (S/TPvP) has always been poor the sad part is that rather than getting better it has gotten worse.

Smallscale-PvP tends to cause all kinds of balance headaches for MMOs. I’ll be happy if it gets rather little attention in that regard.
Sure, it’s meh if you enjoy only that game mode. But I stand by the opinion that sPvP/tPvP is a minority game mode, and since its balancing needs are so often at full odds with the rest of the game, I’d rather see the actually played parts receive full attention. Better use of dev time, kinda.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Profession Balance

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Juzt like to use berserker stance you have to click on something?

Berserker Stance is also an active defense. Limited uptime (max of 10 seconds up every 48 seconds, which is really high for immunity, but still large windows of downtime) and can simply be waited out.

You still failed to back up your claim that either are “passive” and need to be nerfed.

Automated Response is, indeed, passive, though.

I’m a Geeleiver

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Berzerker stance is honestly the biggest problem. All builds rely on conditions to some extent. Even if its just blinds and cripple or weakness and chill. Berzerker stance gives around a 15% up time in full condition immunity WITH significant upside of generating adrenaline. Which for a warrior acts as a huge heal with adrenal health AND helps they to cleanse conditions via cleansing ire.

The fact is that the skill was usuable and balanced at around 4 second duration. But they buffed it to the sky because they don’t understand anything

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

@ drarnor berserkers stances is 10 seconds immunity every 60 seconds at most, there is no -20% cooldown for stances if I ’m not mistaken.

EverythingOP

in Profession Balance

oZii.2864

Berzerker stance is honestly the biggest problem. All builds rely on conditions to some extent. Even if its just blinds and cripple or weakness and chill. Berzerker stance gives around a 15% up time in full condition immunity WITH significant upside of generating adrenaline. Which for a warrior acts as a huge heal with adrenal health AND helps they to cleanse conditions via cleansing ire.

The fact is that the skill was usuable and balanced at around 4 second duration. But they buffed it to the sky because they don’t understand anything

Correction is that they wanted to it be 4 seconds and the PLAYERS wanted it to be longer since they still didn’t feel it was worth it to take. I can get the State of the Game where Chaplin says exactly this if you really want a source.

{Thief}

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Correction is that they wanted to it be 4 seconds and the PLAYERS wanted it to be longer since they still didn’t feel it was worth it to take. I can get the State of the Game where Chaplin says exactly this if you really want a source.

Then it is an example of them listening to badies as usual. An increase would of been fine to 5/6 seconds.

This balance forum was the worst idea ever because it is full of terrible ideas from terrible players.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in Profession Balance

oZii.2864

Then it is an example of them listening to badies as usual. An increase would of been fine to 5/6 seconds.

This balance forum was the worst idea ever because it is full of terrible ideas from terrible players.

I think it went from 4 then 6 before they went with 8. Who are the badies and who aren’t and how do you pick the goodies from the badies based on the forums? SOTG was s/tPvP based and the players on the show where some of the top players in Queues and tournaments at the time.

A very popular “pro” player now is why Ele healing got nerfed in s/tPvP because they said “Ele heals to much”. Check it SOTG from April 2013.

{Thief}

(edited by oZii.2864)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Rickster.8752

Rickster.8752

I think it went from 4 then 6 before they went with 8. Who are the badies and who aren’t and how do you pick the goodies from the badies based on the forums? SOTG was s/tPvP based and the players on the show where some of the top players in Queues and tournaments at the time.

A very popular “pro” player now is why Ele healing got nerfed in s/tPvP because they said “Ele heals to much”. Check it SOTG from April 2013.

Yes SoTG having influence over balance was a really good thing. And at the time ele healing 100% needed nerfing. That is what they needed to do as well as make steps in the direction of build diversity. But instead they buffed EVERYTHING to the sky. Which made no sense. It is a sign of the absurd and game ruining power creep that ele healing needs to go back to being OP for them to survive. As clear an indication as was needed.

The person who said nerf ele healing was correct. If they had followed that logic of reducing spam and nerfing OP stuff then the game would be way more fun and less cheesey right now. You can’t point out a good change and call it bad just because it didn’t work as intended because they kittened up the game in every other way

Official winner of solo queue MMR leaderboards – EU

in Profession Balance

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

@ drarnor berserkers stances is 10 seconds immunity every 60 seconds at most, there is no -20% cooldown for stances if I ’m not mistaken.

My mistake. I assumed that stances had a cooldown reduction trait like pretty much every other skill type in the game.

Now that you mention it, kind of odd that they don’t. Not that stance warriors need any more uptime on them, though.

I’m a Geeleiver

in Profession Balance

oZii.2864

Yes SoTG having influence over balance was a really good thing. And at the time ele healing 100% needed nerfing. That is what they needed to do as well as make steps in the direction of build diversity. But instead they buffed EVERYTHING to the sky. Which made no sense. It is a sign of the absurd and game ruining power creep that ele healing needs to go back to being OP for them to survive. As clear an indication as was needed.

The person who said nerf ele healing was correct. If they had followed that logic of reducing spam and nerfing OP stuff then the game would be way more fun and less cheesey right now. You can’t point out a good change and call it bad just because it didn’t work as intended because they kittened up the game in every other way

I disagree that they where correct let me put it into context. Which was that the devs would rather bring the other classes up instead of nerfing this is what they said.

You didn’t have warriors who had sustain now they do. Thieves where as good at boon stripping 30 trickery wasn’t a thing. There was no dhuumfire, spirit rangers etc,etc,etc.

Ele healing was never OP there just wasn’t a class to check it/match it. Enter current warrior, 30 trickery thieves, dhuumfire necros, spirit rangers because traps where the thing then.

If you really think just reverting Ele healing to “OP” as you put it is enough to give Ele a spot on a team I don’t know what to tell you. It was RTL and Mist form use with Ether renewal aswell as a bug on Signet of Restoration that made it proc to much(fixed in the patch that nerfed confusion in WvW/PvE).

The mist form change with Ether I agree with because they did it with Elixir S to engis in that same patch. Signet of restoration was bugged with evasive arcana, that’s why S/D ele’s could get away with using it almost as good as D/D eles.

Ele’s healing was bugged with SOR and Evasive Arcana + RTL going 1500 range + Ether renewal combined with Mist form. You really think Signet of Restoration in it’s current form in PvE/WvW is OP if they where to allow eles to use it in sPvP?

It was Mist form + Ether and the SOR with evasive arcana bug, RTL 1500 range bug.

{Thief}

(edited by oZii.2864)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: eleshazar.6902

eleshazar.6902

I’ve heard rumor that a certain lead balance dev plays a 5 signet warrior….. If this is true, it all makes sense.

All professions level 80| Champion Paragon, Phantom, Genius
Phoenix Ascendant [ASH] | Rank 80

in Profession Balance

oZii.2864

I’ve heard rumor that a certain lead balance dev plays a 5 signet warrior….. If this is true, it all makes sense.

I don’t know about signets but there is a screen shot of him with 5 signets. This was prior to the Healing signet buff and everyone lol’d him I believe this was when he was testing.

{Thief}

in Profession Balance

Posted by: eleshazar.6902

eleshazar.6902

I don’t know about signets but there is a screen shot of him with 5 signets. This was prior to the Healing signet buff and everyone lol’d him I believe this was when he was testing.

After googling around for a bit, I found several pictures of him in different maps and armor styles using 5 signet warrior. Doesn’t seem to be a one time joke…

All professions level 80| Champion Paragon, Phantom, Genius
Phoenix Ascendant [ASH] | Rank 80

in Profession Balance

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

HS should be nerfed by 15% and the tie to healing power should be increased by a lot at the same time. In other words, a zerker would heal for less but a more bunker oriented warior would heal for more.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Warriors need a damage nerf more than the signet nerf, though a 15-20% nerf is necessary anyways if they won’t nerf their “lalala you can’t do anything to me for 6+ seconds while I cleave you to death” stances.