[Balance] Warrior stance vs stealth

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Hitman.5829

Hitman.5829

When a warrior uses a stance, the thief or anyone that uses stealth should be revealed for AT LEAST half of the time the stance last. Currently they can go in stealth and just sit there for eternity waiting for the stance to wear out.

Why should the stance reveal the thief?

First of all, the thief has access to unlimited stealth; revealing him for 2 second or 4 seconds will not affect its profession because they could still kite while not in stealth. Using a stance should force the thief to fight or flight. They should be forced to kite or fight the warrior, not sit on stealth waiting for the stance to wear out.

Note: the stances have a cool down of 60 seconds and the stance buff last for a very small time.

Oh look he has barserker stance, I better go in stealth. 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 stance is over bang bang, bang, bang, oh he has endure pain, I better go in stealth. 1,2,3,4 stance is over bang bang bang, now he has a 60 second cool down on those skills; he wont use them again until next minute. In the mean time the thief has access to unlimited stealth and blind and on top of that he is a condition spammer.

Conclusion:

• Warrior stances should reveal the thief for AT LEAST half the time the stance lasts. The thief cannot sit on stealth while the warrior has the stance or else the stance is useless.
  • No utility skill should be useless; or else they will not be called utility skills.
  • If the stance reveals the thief it will reveal it for maximum 4 seconds and minimum 2 seconds because that is the approximate half duration of the stances.
  • Warriors cannot spam reveal the thief because their stances have a cool down of 60 seconds.
  • The thief should be presented with the option to fight or flight. If the Barzerker stance is activated he can do direct damage; if the endure pain stance is activated he can do condition damage.
  • The reveal buff should not stack.

Edit:
If you are crying for 2-4 seconds of reveal upon using the stance then you are the troll. Please do not comment on this post if you are going to post useless whining and insignificant discussions

(edited by Hitman.5829)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Kibazuka.1390

Kibazuka.1390

why does everyone want some autowin button against thieves?

Ranger – Drakkar Lake[DE]
Full melee Ranger since August 2012

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

It is more that a thief can disengage but can keep you permanently in combat. Even if the theif can not win a fight they will annoy you until they get help. In spvp theives are not that big of a problem but in wvw it is.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

in Profession Balance

Posted by: silentnight warrior.2714

silentnight warrior.2714

Not sure if you are not troling but stances should not give reveal. Its too much for a stance. Warrior stances are good in some situations and they are easy to counter/avoid when you use them wrong and thats how they should stay.

What the game needs its real counters to stealth. If warrior for some reason get one skill to counter stealth it should not be on stances.

I would like that in Physical Utilities, like stomp.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: BobbyT.7192

BobbyT.7192

What the f…
I want to make a thread suggesting stealth countering stealth as a joke/ troll, but I’m afraid people here would actually take me seriously

in Profession Balance

Hitman.5829

Not sure if you are not troling but stances should not give reveal. Its too much for a stance. Warrior stances are good in some situations and they are easy to counter/avoid when you use them wrong and thats how they should stay.

What the game needs its real counters to stealth. If warrior for some reason get one skill to counter stealth it should not be on stances.

I would like that in Physical Utilities, like stomp.

Stance is when you courageously resist opposing forces, you take—or make—a stand.
Anyone around you should be aware of you and you should be aware of anyone around you. Going in stealth breaks this utility skill, thus making it useless.

• These utility skills have 60 second cool down and are of vital importance to warriors. Stealth makes them completely and utterly useless.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Saturn.6591

Saturn.6591

Of course. Make it so that Thieves are unable to stealth while Warriors are using a stance. And then make Warriors unable to hit a Thief with AoE’s while they are in stealth.

:)

And then add a trait that gives Warriors automatically 5 seconds of Regeneration and Protection as soon as a Thief hits them. In turn, give Thieves a trait that gives them a chance of 50% to automatically evade a Warrior’s attacks, with a cooldown of 10 seconds.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Those stealth threads tough….

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in Profession Balance

Saturn.6591

On a more serious note…

Stance is when you courageously resist opposing forces, you take—or make—a stand.
Anyone around you should be aware of you and you should be aware of anyone around you. Going in stealth breaks this utility skill, thus making it useless.

Like you said… a stance lets you RESIST opposing forces. You are basically making an effort to resist damage. This needs a lot of concentration. Being able to see someone who normally can’t be seen would need a lot of concentration as well. You can’t do both at once.

• These utility skills have 60 second cool down and are of vital importance to warriors. Stealth makes them completely and utterly useless.

How does stealth make them useless? You use them because you don’t want to take damage. Is a Thief in stealth-mode damaging you despite you using the stance? Not? So, the stance still works fine, right? So again… how does stealth make stances useless?

Edit: Frenzy is the only stance that is kinda countered by stealth, assuming you don’t manage to hit the Thief. But then again, that’s normal counter-play. And you weren’t even talking about Frenzy; you were just talking about the two other stances.

(edited by Saturn.6591)

in Profession Balance

Hitman.5829

How does stealth make them useless?

Are you seriously asking that? Going in stealth and waiting for the skill to fade is what is making the utility skill useless.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: BobbyT.7192

BobbyT.7192

Are you seriously asking that? Going in stealth and waiting for the skill to fade is what is making the utility skill useless.

Waiting the stance out what your suppose to do though,

in Profession Balance

Sagat.3285

Waiting the stance out what your suppose to do though,

Too direct counter but the idea of light fields revealing seem balanced it would make guardian a better support class or maybe OP support.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in Profession Balance

Saturn.6591

Congratz; you did a good job on ignoring the rest of what I’ve written just after the sentence you’ve quoted.

You use the stance because you don’t want to take damage. The Thief is in stealth. You don’t take damage. Stance worked just fine.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Poplolita.2638

Poplolita.2638

Stances are already too powerful right now. No need to buff them even more. Forcing reveal, and being immune (cc, or condition, or physical damage immunity) at the same time is simply too much for a single utility. I also don’t think warrior should be the profession that hardcounters thief, they are already almost good at everything in this game, asking anet to also make them hardcounter thief is ironic at best.

(edited by Poplolita.2638)

in Profession Balance

Sagat.3285

Congratz; you did a good job on ignoring the rest of what I’ve written just after the sentence you’ve quoted.

You use the stance because you don’t want to take damage. The Thief is in stealth. You don’t take damage. Stance worked just fine.

Depends on what stance… Frenzy,Balanced and Defiant Stance will be countered by my stealth. That’s a risk of having them but as warrior you should find a way to adapt and not be utility dependent. Stealth is probably the only decent counter to stances.
Us thieves having a warrior counter amazing…..

The Dhuumfire thread

in Profession Balance

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

Lol stance’s should not reveal the thief… I can 1HKO a thief with an eviscerate using bersker stance through their blinding powder… Warriors don’t need a new auto win button.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in Profession Balance

Sagat.3285

Lol stance’s should not reveal the thief… I can 1HKO a thief with an eviscerate using bersker stance through their blinding powder… Warriors don’t need a new auto win button.

We are talking about in stealth not blindness. You put stance I stealth and let you waste an utility probably only thief and mesmer can do it I don’t know much engi making smoke combo field and blast in mid fight.

The Dhuumfire thread

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Harkan.9017

Harkan.9017

I can’t believe this thread exists … Stealth is a broken mechanic but this suggestion is just plain dumb.

in Profession Balance

Poplolita.2638

We are talking about in stealth not blindness. You put stance I stealth and let you waste an utility probably only thief and mesmer can do it I don’t know much engi making smoke combo field and blast in mid fight.

Among all those professions, why did the OP have to chose the most broken one? Warriors are already good at EVERYTHING! And now on top of that, you want them to freaking one shot thieves? This is ridiculus, either the OP is trolling, or wants this game to further become warriors war 2. Not like it’s already is…

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

as a thief why would i even care. if i wanted to i could get some distance between me and the warrior, wait those 4 seconds and have the same result…

sorry but this is the most stupid idea i have ever heard. all i can think of “nerfing” stealth is making the thief flicker for a very short amount of time when you damage him, or as a good start, show damage numbers when you hit the thief with something else than conditions.

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

in Profession Balance

Hitman.5829

You are still susceptible to damage either condition damage or direct damage.

in Profession Balance

Sagat.3285

as a thief why would i even care. if i wanted to i could get some distance between me and the warrior, wait those 4 seconds and have the same result…

sorry but this is the most stupid idea i have ever heard. all i can think of “nerfing” stealth is making the thief flicker for a very short amount of time when you damage him, or as a good start, show damage numbers when you hit the thief with something else than conditions.

There will be more of those threads believe me. The idea of light field revealing is pretty good it will make guardian the ultimate support class.

The Dhuumfire thread

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

Like I posted in another forum the amount of complaining demands thief be completely reworked rather than nerfed or buffed. It just shows the players are being ignored and I’m sorry the players.

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

It is more that a thief can disengage but can keep you permanently in combat. Even if the theif can not win a fight they will annoy you until they get help. In spvp theives are not that big of a problem but in wvw it is.

Problem spotted. Requested balance in WvW.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in Profession Balance

Poplolita.2638

Like I posted in another forum the amount of complaining demands thief be completely reworked rather than nerfed or buffed. It just shows the players are being ignored and I’m sorry the players.

People are desesperate at this point, to the point where we get those silly suggestions. Almost 2 years of complaining, and anet still doesn’t show any sign that they atleast aknowledge the existence of those complains.

(edited by Poplolita.2638)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Splatter Paw.7238

Splatter Paw.7238

So glad i clicked on this lol good chuckle before bed, any class can make you “waste” your stance. For example 2 warriors, 1 pops stance the other swaps GS and leaves and comes back, you just wasted a stance and he didnt even need to stealth.

Not like it matters though i jumped on the warrior train anyway a bit myself, did you know my backstab on my fully ascended thief MAYBE hits 7-8k. My warrior in exotics just hit 80 a week ago can gain enough adrenaline in 3 sec to one shot glass specs with a easy 10k+ evis, which i can unleash whenever i want, there is no prereq to it. I feel bad when i come across thieves……. poor guys, iv been on the other end of that axe….

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Stealth, but yes.

It’s funny actually. Every time you bring forth the concept of class specializations and fights being unfair between contestants due to someone having an inherent advantage, PvP-players cry bloody murder. Despite the whole idea being very much a staple of RPGs. You pick your class and your specialization, you’re better at some things and worse at others.

But, against stealth, everyone suddenly wants a hard counter. Push button, kill pesky thief.

And mind you in theory I agree, I loathe Thieves. The ones stealthing every half second annoy me like nothing else in this game.
Still, hard counters? Maybe, but then have it on ~2 classes, who function as the thief hunters, while themselves being vulnerable to other things. Or make Thieves the anti-thief class, and use that setup to enhance zerg/raid gameplay a bit.

I think what people would like ofc is if every class just had a “Unstealth everything in 1200 around me”. Though no one ever likes to think about what buff the two stealth-heavy classes would get to compensate if that were implemented, or whether that ability would block the healing slot (hrm, not a bad idea) without healing you.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Profession Balance

Carighan.6758

So anyhow, rant short, here’s my idea for this:

Vigilant Stance – Healing Skill
You enter a vigilant stance, moving slower but paying greater attention to your surroundings.
Movement speed reduction: 33%
Chance to be critically hit: -25%
See stealthed targets as an outline
Duration: 8 seconds
Using a skill which moves your character or getting knocked back aborts the stance.

Note: The skill does not heal you. At all.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: MidoriMarch.8067

MidoriMarch.8067

When a warrior uses a stance, the thief or anyone that uses stealth should be revealed for AT LEAST half of the time the stance last. Currently they can go in stealth and just sit there for eternity waiting for the stance to wear out.

Why should the stance reveal the thief?

First of all, the thief has access to unlimited stealth; revealing him for 2 second or 4 seconds will not affect its profession because they could still kite while not in stealth. Using a stance should force the thief to fight or flight. They should be forced to kite or fight the warrior, not sit on stealth waiting for the stance to wear out.

Note: the stances have a cool down of 60 seconds and the stance buff last for a very small time.

Oh look he has barserker stance, I better go in stealth. 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 stance is over bang bang, bang, bang, oh he has endure pain, I better go in stealth. 1,2,3,4 stance is over bang bang bang, now he has a 60 second cool down on those skills; he wont use them again until next minute. In the mean time the thief has access to unlimited stealth and blind and on top of that he is a condition spammer.

Conclusion:

• Warrior stances should reveal the thief for AT LEAST half the time the stance lasts. The thief cannot sit on stealth while the warrior has the stance or else the stance is useless.
  • No utility skill should be useless; or else they will not be called utility skills.
  • If the stance reveals the thief it will reveal it for maximum 4 seconds and minimum 2 seconds because that is the approximate half duration of the stances.
  • Warriors cannot spam reveal the thief because their stances have a cool down of 60 seconds.
  • The thief should be presented with the option to fight or flight. If the Barzerker stance is activated he can do direct damage; if the endure pain stance is activated he can do condition damage.
  • The reveal buff should not stack.

Edit:
If you are crying for 2-4 seconds of reveal upon using the stance then you are the troll. Please do not comment on this post if you are going to post useless whining and insignificant discussions

TOTAL BS

seems like u dont know that warrior/thief are the prob pple’s most “NERF OP CLASS”

and u are saying stance should reveal thief’s stealth? that makes warrior even stronger and more op

in Profession Balance

Posted by: laquito.5269

laquito.5269

If anything Warrior autoprocs need a nerf. Its ridiculous how many times a stability autoproc or endure pain saved them from dying right away. Thats also the reason Warrior takes the least amount of skill, too much kittening autoprocs easymode play.

Retired GW2 Player

in Profession Balance

Posted by: ShakeyStorm.7180

ShakeyStorm.7180

If people complain about thief, it is a L2P issue. If people complain about warrior it becomes “golden child” ANet loved OP warrior.

Let us at least be consistent. No class is OP. Only players who do not know how to play.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: MarauderShields.6830

MarauderShields.6830

The stances already deny thieves their burst and deplete a large portion of their initiative. And you want to turn them into an auto-win-buttion because apparently you just stand still in a fight? After you played bad enough to let the thief go into stealth?
I generally dislike the “L2P”-argument, but dude, you really earned it.

L2P

Former running-really-fast-man. Now proud member of Revenant clan.

in Profession Balance

Carighan.6758

Let us at least be consistent. No class is OP. Only players who do not know how to play.

The problem with Warriors is ofc small, all things considered. Context, player difference and army difference will easily out-do whatever advantage a warrior may or may not have, without fail.

That being said, for their strengths, Warriors suffer surprisingly few weaknesses. They’re not weak to conditions (at all, I find them to be one of the better self-cleansers really), they don’t have to fully commit to bunker or glass while losing everything of the other, they are very mobile and hence can easily attack while focused on melee and still have good ranged options when needed.

It’s not a big issue, as many players claim it is. But eventually it should get looked at, more so because ANet themselves said Warriors can falter to conditions, which is just not true.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Wyrden.4713

Wyrden.4713

if warrior looses 25-50% of his health upon using a stance, then k.

stealth is counterable with aoe, not so in wvw but in pvp, in wvw if u see thiefs escaping its ur win

what really is uncounterable is are stances, i mean, its ‘tap 1 button to be immune for 4(can even be friggin traited) seconds, or immune to condis for 8 seconds,’ well pls, where is counterplay to that? anything besides thief has kind of hard time dealing with these stances, mesmers? so ye they could use their stealth, but as one of them is their utility and stunbreak, it would be a huge sacrifice, torch, not everyone takes torch, and if he takes torch , it could always be on cooldown swap, elite possible,veil? i have yet so see someone take it as raomer or in s/tpvp

so about stances still: they can camp a point without taking any dmg for 9 seconds(talking about pvp) , stance + shield5 , thats hilariously insane.. u got no idea how hard it is to deal with them.

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

in Profession Balance

Posted by: godz raiden.2631

godz raiden.2631

Tell you what, your stances can reveal me, but my Shadow Refuge better be buffed in compensation. I’m thinking I should be immune to CC and conditions while inside of it too. Oh! And I should be immune damage. It will almost be like I’m a crappy stance warrior inside of my refuge who just banged my head on the keyboard…

Godz Raiden (Thief)
Maguuma

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Killface.1896

Killface.1896

Just fix stealth,this idea would just give war hater more stuff to cry about….

in Profession Balance

Posted by: warriorjrd.8695

warriorjrd.8695

If you are crying about 2-4 seconds of stealth you are a troll. Please do not post useless whining and things that are L2P issues.

Really though, a warrior complaining about anything? Rofl, warriors are faceroll class, if you still can’t play a warrior effectively you need some serious help with playing the game.

It is not what you do, but how and why you do it that counts.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

warrior does not need this. They got the tools to deal with thieves as is, it’s simply a L2P issue.

Go play a thief yourself, learn the timing and how you (thus also the enemy) is most likely going to approach a angry warrior while stealthed. Then figure out how you can deal with that movement.

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

Currently they can go in stealth and just sit there for eternity waiting for the stance to wear out.

That’s just counter play. You just used a skill that makes you immune to one of the two types of damage in the game, so your opponent has to wait it out by playing defensively.

Gandara

in Profession Balance

Posted by: warriorjrd.8695

warriorjrd.8695

Currently they can go in stealth and just sit there for eternity waiting for the stance to wear out.

That’s just counter play. You just used a skill that makes you immune to one of the two types of damage in the game, so your opponent has to wait it out by playing defensively.

It’s still too OP, watch when something without stealth kites him like a fool when he has endure pain up, he will ask for a 10s immobolize on stance activation so his precious utilities aren’t wasted.

It is not what you do, but how and why you do it that counts.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Shockwave.1230

Shockwave.1230

Who uses stealth to wait out a stance? Why waste a cooldown?

I just back off until the stances wear off.

Sylvari Elementalist – Mystree Duskbloom (Lv 80)
Norn Guardian – Aurora Lustyr (Lv 80)
Mia A Shadows Glow – Human Thief (Lv 80)

in Profession Balance

Wyrden.4713

Who uses stealth to wait out a stance? Why waste a cooldown?

I just back off until the stances wear off.

same here:p, just kiting the war like crazy as ele

rtling away, the moment his stance wears off , phoenix+ lightning flash , unblockable spike dmg:p

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

in Profession Balance

Posted by: silentnight warrior.2714

silentnight warrior.2714

if warrior looses 25-50% of his health upon using a stance, then k.

stealth is counterable with aoe, not so in wvw but in pvp, in wvw if u see thiefs escaping its ur win

what really is uncounterable is are stances, i mean, its ‘tap 1 button to be immune for 4(can even be friggin traited) seconds, or immune to condis for 8 seconds,’ well pls, where is counterplay to that? anything besides thief has kind of hard time dealing with these stances, mesmers? so ye they could use their stealth, but as one of them is their utility and stunbreak, it would be a huge sacrifice, torch, not everyone takes torch, and if he takes torch , it could always be on cooldown swap, elite possible,veil? i have yet so see someone take it as raomer or in s/tpvp

so about stances still: they can camp a point without taking any dmg for 9 seconds(talking about pvp) , stance + shield5 , thats hilariously insane.. u got no idea how hard it is to deal with them.

Actualy every stance have counters.

One takes conditional damage and all CC, another you take physical damage and hard CC, other gives you stability that can be stolen/riped and you take all tipe of damage and the last one makes you attack faster but you take more damage of any kind.
And if they use 3 of them togeteher? Just back off/port/stealth/evade and come back after 5 seconds.

Stances have more “counters” than stealth.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Quakeman.9378

Quakeman.9378

Because thief takes a different mindset to play against. People don’t like things that are different.

Yoloswaginz- D/D thief SBI
Tyronee Biggums- Warrior SBI
“If fifty people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing”-Bertrand Russell

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Shockwave.1230

Shockwave.1230

Because thief takes a different mindset to play against. People don’t like things that are different.

Mesmer takes a different mindset too, probably every profession does I suppose. But you don’t see all the QQ about Mesmers.

Sylvari Elementalist – Mystree Duskbloom (Lv 80)
Norn Guardian – Aurora Lustyr (Lv 80)
Mia A Shadows Glow – Human Thief (Lv 80)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Neptune.2570

Neptune.2570

Couldn’t agree more OP!
Also sometimes when I burst, thieves just dodge it, making my attack useless. So I suggest making thieves unable to dodge, evade or move whenever a warrior attacks.

Daliriant, Dr Octogon [Champion Illusionist]
Mellowpuff [Champion Hunter]

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

Couldn’t agree more OP!
Also sometimes when I burst, thieves just dodge it, making my attack useless. So I suggest making thieves unable to dodge, evade or move whenever a warrior attacks.

100b should apply 1s immobilizes for the duration of the channel so the thief doesn’t move.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

It doesn’t even….make sense…

You set your feet, get into the battle position, how on earth does it reveal hidden enemies around you?

Are you a Witcher? I don’t think so

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Profession Balance

Sagat.3285

Couldn’t agree more OP!

100b should apply 1s immobilizes for the duration of the channel so the thief doesn’t move.

I’m dying of laughter right now thieves are supposed to be hard to hit and war is supposed to endure the fight we can’t break class roles. I’m not walking around saying " Look at my toughness let me tank through those few skills and play with you."
Make thieves unable to evade burst just for you is very personal you have other skills too and they can help landing that burst skill. Don’t rely on one skill only at least I have to time everything right or I die. It will not matter if 100B immobilizes just stealth of you or I use Shadow Strike.
This is not creativity it feels like we are in anger management don’t let anger blind you that’s thief’s ability.

The Dhuumfire thread

in Profession Balance

Wyrden.4713

Couldn’t agree more OP!

I’m dying of laughter right now thieves are supposed to be hard to hit and war is supposed to endure the fight we can’t break class roles. I’m not walking around saying " Look at my toughness let me tank through those few skills and play with you."
Make thieves unable to evade burst just for you is very personal you have other skills too and they can help landing that burst skill. Don’t rely on one skill only at least I have to time everything right or I die. It will not matter if 100B immobilizes just stealth of you or I use Shadow Strike.
This is not creativity it feels like we are in anger management don’t let anger blind you that’s thief’s ability.

i think u never heard of sarcasm^

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~