Been away from the game for a while

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Crayonmuffin.1473

Crayonmuffin.1473

Old toon was a guardian, got bored with it. Been away from the game probably 6 months and started a mesmer. Are they still useful pvp and end game wise? Any notable changes? I heard ele got nerfed too but haven’t looked too much into it. Mage-ish classes are my favorites so I’m just wondering how they’re doing.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: TheflamingWolf.5861

TheflamingWolf.5861

Everyone is still fine in spvp except ele they are a bit weaker than the others. in wvw the ranger is far weaker than all the others and in dungeon i think everyone is still ok because the content is easy

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Uhtameit.2413

Uhtameit.2413

Elementalist are doing really poorly, they aren’t just a bit weaker.

Besides that, skillless classes dominate PvP, starting with warriors (which has several immunities to direct damage, condi damage, stability and stuff, and a passive heal that is OP), Pistolwhip thieves, decap engineer (an engineer that entirely focuses on cc to push people off the point).

The incoming patch may or may not solve some of these issues.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Crayonmuffin.1473

Crayonmuffin.1473

Sweet. I’ll probably just stick with my mesmer then. Purple butterflys and stuff is neat.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Zonzai.2341

Zonzai.2341

@Uhtameit

That is what Anet did in Guild wars 1 too. They made the ele too powerful and then nerfed it to crap. Then after about three expansions they finally got it balanced. I predicted they’d do the same thing this time around too. And it seems I was very unfortunately, correct.