Boon Removal Prioritization

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Nos.9803

Nos.9803

From what I’ve found, when a person removes boons from a foe it is based upon an unmentioned list of which boons take priority over others. Despite completely disagreeing with what boons are deemed more important to be removed according to Arena Net’s list, the most troubling prioritization or rather lack there of is how stability is in the bottom three list of boons to be removed over others. Especially in spvp, I find stability to be an extremely powerful boon and would request the balance team to rethink their prioritization or at least allow the players to create their own list of what boons get removed first.

www.Twitch.tv/Noscoc

in Profession Balance

Posted by: MarzAttakz.9608

MarzAttakz.9608

It’s the same order with condition removal. you want stability gone first, I want immobilize gone first too.

Whichever solution (if any) they apply to boon removal/corruption needs to be applied to condition removal/conversion.

YOU KNOW THERE AIN’T NO REST FOR THE WICKED, TILL WE CLOSE OUR EYES FOR GOOD.

Once proud member of Extraordinary Gentlemen [EXG]{DESO4LIFE}

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

Although it might feasibly be bad to have something like stability removed first. I mean, what if you’re a build that doesn’t have much in the way of CC, like an s/d thief? Removing the stability wouldn’t do that much, whereas removing something like protection, regeneration, or retaliation could really help you out, especially since those stack longer. Waiting out a 10s stability might be hard in some situations, but a 25s or more protection could be even worse to have around.

I think they also did it that way because stability is an important boon. Stability is generally short in duration and only available on very specific skills. To make it so that it’s always removed first in any situation would make it less reliable for avoiding CC’s, and they may have to increase it’s availability to compensate (not that boon stripping is that prolific in the first place).

The same logic applies to conditions. Removing a 6s immobilize would be really great, but if you have have to endure 15s of burning as a consequence, it may have actually been more worth it to wait out the immobilize and get rid of the burning (especially if you blocks, evades, stealth, or whatnot).

I guess it might be nice to be able to pick which boon to remove in the moment, but that just can’t happen in a real-time game like this.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

Would be awesome if we could make our own list of what is prioritised. I am sure some people would love to rip might off people first, some would want stability off, or maybe protection. For condition removal there is a strong case for removing bleeds, burns, imobilises and poisons before anything else… Its the sort of thing we should be able to choose so we can control how we counter people.

Its especially true for rangers who send conditions to their pets rather than cure them a lot of the time.. its very possible you might prefer not to send cripples immobilises to your pet if you are on a BM build because it will ruin any posibility of doing damage.

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

IMO
The boon removal order should go from oldest > newest. Same with condis. That way it will be harder to hide stability and immob. Zergs will have to “think”, and spikes on targets would be harder if it hinges on immob.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in Profession Balance

Posted by: merkator.9206

merkator.9206

FYI not only is the boon removal “priority list” hidden from players in game the order of priority is different for different skills! Please ANet, either give us the information for each skill (I’ll even post it to the wiki), make it apparent in-game, or standardize it across all skills.

I recognize that some skills say “remove random boon” – that is cool too, just let us know that those cases are actually random.

My 2p: make it correspond to the order that the boons are displayed in the target display. Choose to remove from the right side or left side (heck maybe even different for different skills) then tweak the order they are displayed if you want to make different skills work differently.

To be completely honest, I am not asking for nerf/buff for anything, I just want to know and have it be clear to players what is going on

It goes without saying that this whole thread applies to condi removal as well!

Edit: PS I know this may seem like something minor, but with the large number of boons that people in WvW and sPvP are running with (esp. Powerful ones such as large stacks of might and stability) I do find myself thinking about this in many matches for when to time skills like Null Field and Arcane Thievery. Even knowing which boon is removed from passive boon removal skills would help anticipate what I should do as soon as the boon removal happens.

(edited by merkator.9206)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

Yea I wish this information was available. Bountiful theft for theif I am almost 100% certain always takes stability which means you always get a daze from sleight of hand.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

in Profession Balance

Posted by: merkator.9206

merkator.9206

Yea I wish this information was available. Bountiful theft for theif I am almost 100% certain always takes stability which means you always get a daze from sleight of hand.

It does prioritize stability. Too bad we’ll probably never get an answer about this whole issue from a dev.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

bump
/fifteeeeeen

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE